PS1 emulator almost done!

Search This thread

jz9833

Feb 1, 2007
Houston
Are you serious? You do realize people aren't swinging their Wii-motes at their phones right? We're just using bluetooth to use the Wii-mote as a hand held D-pad......I'm doing it right now with my phone sitting not more than 4 inches in front of me....I don't get your complaint?

Of course I know you are not using it for its accelerometer abilities.

I'm my opinion I think the N1 has to small of a screen to use it as a monitor.

Totally agree that it's awesome. I travel a lot and I like to play the occasional game in my hotel. I would prefer to play on a big screen but I'll take what I can get.

This maybe the one time I consider it useful, but still you are staring at a 3.7 in screen.

Lets repeat that 1 more time, you are using a 3.7 in screen as a monitor... I stand by my orginal statement.

johnnie93

Apr 19, 2009
Kuwait
i would love it with a PS3 controller and a 10inch Tablet + Tegra 2, its like a portable PS1 + other Emulators :D

waz000000

Dec 11, 2006
leicester
I really do not see why people are so excited to use a Wii remote with the N1.

That means you have to set the n1 up to act like a TV and stand back from it. The screen is way to small in my opinion for that kind of use. Plus you have to carry around a wii remote also... Portability is completely out the window.

When there is that much trouble you got to ask yourself, is this useful? Yes it can be done, but why? :rolleyes:

The last "great" emulation experience I've had on a smart phone was with my old Tilt. The specs on it were just powerful enough to run SNES emulators without any problems, it had a great d-pad for games, and you could map the keyboard's keys to act as button. Without all 3 of these things I have found emulators to be completely pointless.

I use mine with the classic pro attatchment, it goes in my bag and comes out on my lunch break, I usually have a load of people around me while i play amazed at what they are seeing.

this makes my day tolerable! in fact i recently got read dead and got bored then started playing super mario world. Ive probably spent about 20 hours gaming time on my N1 simply awesome.

norazi

Mar 30, 2010
It would be nice but it's doubtful. The amount of work required to get it working on the PC via bluetooth is pretty crazy but we can always hope :p

yeah that makes no sense... i play snesoid (SNES) on my nexus one and a bluetooth wii-mote (using free app from marketplace)

ins0

May 19, 2010

This maybe the one time I consider it useful, but still you are staring at a 3.7 in screen.

Lets repeat that 1 more time, you are using a 3.7 in screen as a monitor... I stand by my orginal statement.

OK then, I understand your complaint now but don't agree with it.

I grew up in the day and age where Gameboy was the device to have for on the go gaming so I'm not one to complain about my phone's screen size when it comes to doing something the phone wasn't designed to do...emulate nintendo games :D

I will say this however, having played with the wii-mote on my sexy nexy at least 20 times now I don't see the screen size as being an issue, but that's also because I'm being realistic and realizing that I'm playing games on my phone :D

r2001uk

Oct 1, 2008
Leeds
Anyone know if work on this has progressed? Really hope it's out soon so I can load my phone up with games for the holiday flights next month :D

crackness

Jul 10, 2007
Near Fort Lauderdale

What you're forgetting is scale. 4 inches from your face, your 3.7 inch screen is probably as good as your 17 inch monitor at work 24 inches from your face, and your 32-55+ inch screens at home at 5-6+ feet from your face...

What counts is resolution, and the nexus has enough of it.

ap3604

Feb 20, 2010
What you're forgetting is scale. 4 inches from your face, your 3.7 inch screen is probably as good as your 17 inch monitor at work 24 inches from your face, and your 32-55+ inch screens at home at 5-6+ feet from your face...

What counts is resolution, and the nexus has enough of it.

Gotta agree. I actually feel more comfortable using my wiimote + nexus close to my face than I do my TV across the room.

bcpk

Feb 11, 2010
Jz I suggest you try it first before criticizing. I expect you will be surprised.

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
OK then, I understand your complaint now but don't agree with it.

I grew up in the day and age where Gameboy was the device to have for on the go gaming so I'm not one to complain about my phone's screen size when it comes to doing something the phone wasn't designed to do...emulate nintendo games :D

I will say this however, having played with the wii-mote on my sexy nexy at least 20 times now I don't see the screen size as being an issue, but that's also because I'm being realistic and realizing that I'm playing games on my phone :D

i agree with u 1000% :D

gotwake424

Apr 26, 2009
I really don't think that screen size will be a problem.

Spyro/Starfox 64 on my phone would be amazing!
And it would actually be playable with the classic controller

jamesyb0i

Oct 17, 2009
bit off topic but i'd like to use the controls on the stock headphones to play basic games (left, right, jump). Or someone should build a usb controller add-on that wraps around the body of the nexus. like the psp handles

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
like someone posted earlier, im a bit curious on how this thing is going so far. havent really heard anything lately about this