Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix

What occurs to me is:

Code:
12-18 13:35:09.058: INFO/ActivityManager(160): Start proc com.android.setupwizard for activity com.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardActivity: pid=221 uid=10023 gids={3003}
12-18 13:35:09.228: ERROR/jdwp(221): Failed sending reply to debugger: Broken pipe

Yep that's what I thought too but I really don't know where to look to debug that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix

this looks like a weird path:

Code:
12-18 13:35:16.008: DEBUG/(210): unable to unlink '/data/data/com.android.phone/shared_prefs/_has_set_default_values.xml.bak': No such file or directory (errno=2)
Where is /data mounted and was there something created in /data/data?

There are a lot of files in /data/data, and there is a /data/data/com.android.phone also, but it contains only a lib directory.

I've not been able to figure out the mount point from /data/data, i've search in the rootfs.img and in the system.sqsh.
My guess is that these are created by the first setup of android.

But I don't think that it's the problem, after all it runs on kaiser with the same image, and not on our devices.
18th December 2009, 10:54 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I'm on a Raph800 and use the Android 1.6 package from Connect-UTB with Makkenon's CDMA kernel.
What do I have to replace to test this out?
18th December 2009, 11:06 PM |#24  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69

I'm on a Raph800 and use the Android 1.6 package from Connect-UTB with Makkenon's CDMA kernel.
What do I have to replace to test this out?

- Delete the data.img file (android 2.0.1 will recreate a fresh new data.img, but you will lose all your user customization).

- Rename raphdiamrootfs to rootfs.img and replace it.

- Rename system-zenmod-2.0.1.sqsh to system.sqsh and replace it.

Voila, it's done.

But you won't get past the android boot animation (or won't get past the "click on the android to continue" if you're really lucky)
18th December 2009, 11:13 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aavan

- Delete the data.img file (android 2.0.1 will recreate a fresh new data.img, but you will lose all your user customization).

- Rename raphdiamrootfs to rootfs.img and replace it.

- Rename system-zenmod-2.0.1.sqsh to system.sqsh and replace it.

Voila, it's done.

But you won't get past the android boot animation (or won't get past the "click on the android to continue" if you're really lucky)

So is this useless to even try?
19th December 2009, 03:39 AM |#26  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69

So is this useless to even try?

We'll we are testing it out on your devies. Some models might be able to run it. Also we are trying to pinpoint the cause of this freeze, so using adb and analysing whats going on we may be able to rectify the cause and run 2.0.1 Eclair on our beloved devices.
19th December 2009, 02:08 PM |#27  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 38

More
how to set the adb?
19th December 2009, 07:43 PM |#28  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 164

Donate to Me
More
Update: I've decided to build my own build from scratch and slowly implement features and stability into it. So far it works but its very sluggish. Theres no power management or sound. Vibrate is working at this stage. and Touch screen

I HAVE SOME VERY EXCITING NEWS PEOPLE

I successfully booted into Zenulator's Eclair build. From the data.img i created from my own build, I decided to do some checking. I set the phone into airplane mode and switched off the device. I then booted up Zen's build and viola it booted. Now that we know that some service that has do with the radio, wifi, bluetooth or GPS is freezing the build. I will implement one by one until i find the culprit.
I will upload a build when i get it running more smooth and having more features

I spent sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo much time on this. i am very sleep deprived -.- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
will be catching up on some sleep and full throttle as no work for 3 days XD
19th December 2009, 09:11 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee

Update: I've decided to build my own build from scratch and slowly implement features and stability into it. So far it works but its very sluggish. Theres no power management or sound. Vibrate is working at this stage. and Touch screen

I HAVE SOME VERY EXCITING NEWS PEOPLE

I successfully booted into Zenulator's Eclair build. From the data.img i created from my own build, I decided to do some checking. I set the phone into airplane mode and switched off the device. I then booted up Zen's build and viola it booted. Now that we know that some service that has do with the radio, wifi, bluetooth or GPS is freezing the build. I will implement one by one until i find the culprit.
I will upload a build when i get it running more smooth and having more features

I spent sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo much time on this. i am very sleep deprived -.- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
will be catching up on some sleep and full throttle as no work for 3 days XD

Hi. Later, when you wake up and rest, can you explain us the whole procedure you made so we can may follow you?

Thanks pal!
19th December 2009, 10:21 PM |#30  

More
Good find!
I'm looking forward to actually getting to the home screen with Eclair.
Still running Donut. CDMA users have it bad though
19th December 2009, 11:49 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
A little offtopic, does anyone knows if HTC Sense is only OS dependent (device) or if it's also device dependent? What i am thinking is if we successfull port to 2.0.1 will we be able to have HTC sense?

Thanks
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread