Motorola Tools [Specially for Noobs]

Search This thread

zeidof

Apr 5, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi 12
This thread is specially for people who are new in Motorola, and don't know how to solve their problems,

There are some necessary tools for all Motorola users that i'm trying to explain about them briefly :

1- Motorola Drivers

This is a must have software you have to install on pc or laptop, it's impossible for pc to detect your phone without this software, so do it

2- RSD lite

This is official software from Motorola to flash Fastboot files to the device, so you have to install the software on your pc or laptop,

After flashing a costum rom, you can revert to stock with this software, also when you are in a

bootloop you can go back to stock Rom with this software:

- download fastboot file you need from here

- extract it in a folder, you have a XML file here

- run RSD lite

- browse XML file to the empty box

- connect the phone to the pc via usb cable in AP Fastboot mode

- click start button on RSD & be patient to flash the files

1f3a5eb4-c1ea-9cbf.jpg

Some Tips of Razr i:​

- when the phone is freezed or you are in a bootloop, you can force the device to power down, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and

power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds, the phone will be shut down

- for going to boot menu, first turn off the phone, then push & hold Vol buttons and power button at the same time

for about 10seconds, then you will enter to boot menu, now use Vol - button to scroll and Vol + to select an option.

- for going to Stock Recovery, you have to select "recovery" in boot menu, then you'll see a black screen with Android triangle in the middle, now you have to push Vol - + buttons at the same time to enter to recovery
I'll update this post soooooon

is this helpful? feel free to push ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ THANK BUTTON

Eserim

Dec 4, 2012
Hi thanks for that - I have a Razr on its way to replace my Defy (running CM7 Maniac's version) - obviously I'll be wanting to root it, but wary of guarantee issues. I'm happy with the process of restoring a fastboot file - but can't see a T Mobile UK version on the link provided - has one been sourced yet? (I'm guessing that the Orange and T Mobile files are still different even though they are both now part of EE)

Cheers

Eserim

kourkoubas

Nov 4, 2008
I m trying to flash CFC_signed_customer_8.7.1I-110_IFW-DE-32_RTEU.xml over my en.GB version but i get this message :

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT
Fastboot command failed

Any help ?

Now i have another problem.

Everytime i start the phone i get into fastbook menu with the message:

Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure
Fastoot: max download size: 100mb
Fastboot menu disabled

What can i do ?

Last edited:

free2live

Jun 2, 2010
Around the corner
I m trying to flash CFC_signed_customer_8.7.1I-110_IFW-DE-32_RTEU.xml over my en.GB version but i get this message :

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT
Fastboot command failed

Any help ?

Now i have another problem.

Everytime i start the phone i get into fastbook menu with the message:

Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure
Fastoot: max download size: 100mb
Fastboot menu disabled

What can i do ?

Edit the xml file(with notepad) by removing gpt and motoboot line and then flash . It's been published on many threads by now.

Sent from Razr I

kourkoubas

Nov 4, 2008
Edit the xml file(with notepad) by removing gpt and motoboot line and then flash . It's been published on many threads by now.

Sent from Razr I

Now i get this message

OEM fb_mode_set
Erasing userdata
Program dummy sp block for userdata
Erasing cache
Downloading...
Partition (boot) Security version downgraded
preflash validation failed for boot
Fastboot command failed

????

Reactions: Chijian

kourkoubas

Nov 4, 2008
Are you bootloader unlocked? Were you on JB?

My trained monkey is using Android

Ok i have managed to solve major issues .

Here my situation NOW ...

I have my Razr with BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED - ROm version 81.5.39001.XT890.retail.En.Gb and i m trying to install this retail.EN.Eu rom CFC_signed_customer_8.7.1I-110_IFW-DE-32_RTEU.xml.zip from the first post BUT i get a Failure message in Radio and System part of the installation.

What do i do wrong ???

Last edited:

qinaotian

Jan 29, 2012
JB could be rooted?

hello, everyone, i am a noob, could someone tell me, if i already updated to JB(official, without root), can i root my phone as this thread??? or How can i root it?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I've just ask a question in the specific section so sorry for posting again...
I have the message "Warning bootloader unlocked" on the phone after unlocking the bootloader and flashing cwm recovery.
With RSD lite we can go back to stock. This will erase the above message? Where can I find stock rom for flashing?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is specially for people who are new in Motorola, and don't know how to solve their problems,

There are some necessary tools for all Motorola users that i'm trying to explain about them briefly :

1- Motorola Drivers

This is a must have software you have to install on pc or laptop, it's impossible for pc to detect your phone without this software, so do it

2- RSD lite

This is official software from Motorola to flash Fastboot files to the device, so you have to install the software on your pc or laptop,

After flashing a costum rom, you can revert to stock with this software, also when you are in a

bootloop you can go back to stock Rom with this software:

- download fastboot file you need from here

- extract it in a folder, you have a XML file here

- run RSD lite

- browse XML file to the empty box

- connect the phone to the pc via usb cable in AP Fastboot mode

- click start button on RSD & be patient to flash the files

1f3a5eb4-c1ea-9cbf.jpg

Some Tips of Razr i:​

- when the phone is freezed or you are in a bootloop, you can force the device to power down, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and

power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds, the phone will be shut down

- for going to boot menu, first turn off the phone, then push & hold Vol buttons and power button at the same time

for about 10seconds, then you will enter to boot menu, now use Vol - button to scroll and Vol + to select an option.

- for going to Stock Recovery, you have to select "recovery" in boot menu, then you'll see a black screen with Android triangle in the middle, now you have to push Vol - + buttons at the same time to enter to recovery
    I'll update this post soooooon

is this helpful? feel free to push ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ THANK BUTTON
    How to put the phone in fastboot?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 2

On computer: adb reboot-bootloader. On mobile: switch off. Power on holding volume down for approximately 10 seconds

Sent from my XT890 using xda premium
    Alright, next time you know what FW you need ;)

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2

Sent from Razr I

Now i get this message

OEM fb_mode_set
    Erasing userdata
    Program dummy sp block for userdata
    Erasing cache
    Downloading...
    Partition (boot) Security version downgraded
    preflash validation failed for boot
    Fastboot command failed

????
    But why does it get stuck?

I had the same problem quite a while ago. Stucked at "system_signed". Also panicked :D. After hours of searching for a solutution someone came up with this tip:
    Try to use an none USB 3.0 Port. They may cause problems.
    Worked for me. Hope it helps.