Isis with root?

Search This thread

hdjoe

Oct 18, 2010
el paso
Not sure if anyone's aware but verizon has a deal where u get $25 then another $15 for activating an m8... I got my wife's today and my phone COULD still get it since I got it a month ago but, I'm rooted and running viper. I'm thinking maybe I can go back to stock and see if it works.
I got a nice jbl Bluetooth speaker with the $25 off today and I'd like to get a case if I can get my other $25

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not sure if anyone's aware but verizon has a deal where u get $25 then another $15 for activating an m8... I got my wife's today and my phone COULD still get it since I got it a month ago but, I'm rooted and running viper. I'm thinking maybe I can go back to stock and see if it works.
I got a nice jbl Bluetooth speaker with the $25 off today and I'd like to get a case if I can get my other $25

There is an Xposed module called ISISROOTBYPASS that will allow it to work. Root Cloak will as well.

Reactions: hdjoe

85gallon

Did you get the JBL Flip?

I have one. Great sound!!

hdjoe

Oct 18, 2010
el paso
There is an Xposed module called ISISROOTBYPASS that will allow it to work. Root Cloak will as well.

Couldn't find the isisrootbypass module...there are no Isis modules ... I downloaded root cloak and it works... Well enough to have gotten the $25 from verizon... But it's weird.. It's like my phone is fighting the root cloak. Each time I open Isis,mi have to cloak again..
All I'm gonna do is get to verizon, cloak, reboot, and walk in with Isis open so I can pay with it and get my free case.
Thanks!

buddahj

Dec 8, 2012
Walton, KY
Couldn't find the isisrootbypass module...there are no Isis modules ... I downloaded root cloak and it works... Well enough to have gotten the $25 from verizon... But it's weird.. It's like my phone is fighting the root cloak. Each time I open Isis,mi have to cloak again..
All I'm gonna do is get to verizon, cloak, reboot, and walk in with Isis open so I can pay with it and get my free case.
Thanks!

That's weird. I'm using root cloak and haven't had any issues using isis wallet. Maybe try uninstalling/re-installing root cloak?

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks!

It's not in the "Download" section of Xposed. Do a Google Search. There is a ISIS only root bypass as Root Cloak can be hit or miss with Isis.

lagvoid

Feb 29, 2008
It's not in the "Download" section of Xposed. Do a Google Search. There is a ISIS only root bypass as Root Cloak can be hit or miss with Isis.

I saw threads where people referenced the ISIS only bypass from the Galaxy S4 boards. I tried both while on cleanRom and neither worked. I went back to stock and rootcloak worked just fine.

lagvoid

Feb 29, 2008
My mistake,I meant bone stock Rom. For those on cleanrom, were you able to make payments with Isis at McDonald's, cvs, etc?

When I was on bone stock, everything appeared to work fine, but payments never registered at nfc readers. The phone would say payment went through but nothing happened on the reader.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

hdjoe

Oct 18, 2010
el paso
My mistake,I meant bone stock Rom. For those on cleanrom, were you able to make payments with Isis at McDonald's, cvs, etc?

When I was on bone stock, everything appeared to work fine, but payments never registered at nfc readers. The phone would say payment went through but nothing happened on the reader.

That happened today at verizon.. I had the stock rom back on with root.. I root cloaked, rebooted, opened Isis and had my free $25... It registered that it went through but the reader didn't receive payment so they entered it manually.
I Bought an htc flip case. I'll get another $16 in two days and then I'm done with Isis...

As for where to claim the $25... You have to activate any NFC phone with verizon right now and u get it... Wether u bought the phone from them or not.

shortstuff_mt

Apr 24, 2010

Yes, I've successfully made purchases at Maverik (in-store and at the gas pump), Jamba Juice (free small smoothie when paying with Isis), and at a vending machine.

lagvoid

Feb 29, 2008
good to know if I ever decide to go custom rom again. So many options with xposed modules, stock isn't so bad these days!

85gallon

Where do you claim the $25 at? I tried searching and didn't have any luck. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
After you get Isis going and create an account you need to fill out the information to get an AMEX Serve PPD card. You sign up from within the app and it will throw you to AMEX's web site in a new browser window. It is when you sign up for the Serve card that you get the $25.

I just downloaded RootCloak module. It works great.

I signed up for the serve card. It took about 5 minutes and the new card is now in my wallet with $25 credit on it.

EDIT: WTF is up with the dueling apps? Isis wants to be default for trap and pray.

Then when you open Google wallet it won't work unless you make it the default trap and pray app.

Last edited:
After you get Isis going and create an account you need to fill out the information to get an AMEX Serve PPD card. You sign up from within the app and it will throw you to AMEX's web site in a new browser window. It is when you sign up for the Serve card that you get the $25.

I just downloaded RootCloak module. It works great.

I signed up for the serve card. It took about 5 minutes and the new card is now in my wallet with $25 credit on it.

EDIT: WTF is up with the dueling apps? Isis wants to be default for trap and pray.

Then when you open Google wallet it won't work unless you make it the default trap and pray app.
Trap and pray? Sounds like something a religious lobster fisherman would do. [emoji12]

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
I cant get isis mobile wallet to work it keeps picking up root. I have tried the rootcloak plus also and also rootcloak plus through xposed and isis keeps picking up root, and this was with the isus verizon activity app added to the list to block and there are no other verizon apps on the list to block. Anyone ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you get the JBL Flip?

I have one. Great sound!!
    Thanks!

That's weird. I'm using root cloak and haven't had any issues using isis wallet. Maybe try uninstalling/re-installing root cloak?
    Thanks!