{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM11.0] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

Pino_Appeddu

Feb 18, 2013
Olbia
www.facebook.com
So i think i should say 3 things thaat are vital for some people out there and are working perfectly for me in this ROM !
1) ext4 + swap ( Link2SD + Swapper 2 )
2) Battery Life = It held more than 1 + 1/2 day using it allthe time, I'm not kidding...I was downloading and running apps all the time, I only let the phone screen go off for a few hours when I was asleep !
3) build.prop + init.d tweaks ! I started testing out some build.prop tweaks ( signal, net speed, photo quality ) and they all work perfectly ! I can finally take decent pictures with the camera !!! Also some init.d tweaks (VM Management, SD Card tweaks, Kernel Sleeper Normalize ) and they come in absolutely no conflict with the ROM or the Kernel and they work too !

The bad thing is the video recording is broken, in either SD or HD it gets stuck in the first frame while the Rec timer continues but nothing is saved :/

So i wanted to ask : Has anyone tried any more tweaks that make a difference ? Anyone else has broken Video Recording ? And is there something different using ART ( and can we use it ? ) ?

Device : Live with Walkman

In point 3. Can you tell me the tweaks for taking better image with the camera? Thanks in advance! :p

hmnk

Oct 29, 2011
Hi, I got 3 doubts, can anyone please help me??
1) How to present Apps from Force Closing after linking them to the ext partition using Link2SD?
2) Why is the wi-fi always shown as on in the battery stats?
uDkS0YI.png

3) Any tips on improving battery life on this ROM??
Thank you!

Last edited:

akku1

Oct 29, 2013
Nokia Lumia 520
This is the battery backup of latest lxp alpha 3 on 368-1401, ondemand/sio.. On non stop usage pretty stable better than jellybean .. Just amazing :)

I got around 4.5 hours screen on on continuous internet ^_^
This is far far better than gb,ics & jb !
Really those who not tried LX cm11 yet , experience it :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-22-03-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-22-03-16.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: deccan451

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
1) How to present Apps from Force Closing after linking them to the ext partition using Link2SD?
uDkS0YI.png

Thank you!

by looking at the pic it seems u have low internal memory. try to move delvik cache to sd and link library files. i used to use link2sd but now i use mounts2sd which has more options.

Not booting Xperia LWW wt19i

Team,

please help me, even after using .587 ROM and following steps for installing cwm11 , the phone doeas not move ahead after showing the LX logo (naa kernel and cyanogenmod), i had kept waiting for as long as 30mins, please suggest. i am having great hopes of getting kitkat on my xperia live, struggling to make it happen,
Note : the device is unlocked as per guidelines from sony website only

Please share the explicit information in this regard

thanks
hemant

arun240292

Sep 21, 2013
I am on alpha 3,awesome rom almost everything fine, some bugs here and there, hope they'll be fixed in next release, and big thanks to Mike

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda app-developers app

Joy Bangla

Mar 29, 2013
Dhaka
uDkS0YI.png

Thank you!

1. change preferred network to 2G in settings
2. Use Greenify
3. Use DisableServices to block Play services

ReznorNInchNails

Oct 28, 2012
@dexter1123
unpack zip and find hwconfig.sh in /system/etc/
then replace those lines in that file:
-val_cycle=2

-val_nburst=0

-val_freq=2

-val_threshold=5

with:

+val_cycle=0

+val_nburst=26

+val_freq=0

+val_threshold=2

val_filter=0

Note: this - and + are for patching file. For editing by hand, just ignore - and +
Only compare those lines and change values. If something is missing, manually write those lines.

Last edited:

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
MSM7x30 and hybrid memory allocations (ION + PMEM ADSP)

Hi @mikeioannina,
tonight our team Ariesve-DevConnection-Team (ADC Team), on Samsung Galaxy S Plus development forum section, released a build of CM 10.1 with hybrid memory allocations (ION for almost all + PMEM ADSP for camera libs and drivers only).
The rom is fully working, so camera, camcorder, video recording and playback are working as well...
You can find our thread here:
CyanogenMod 10.1 by ADC-Team - Release 1 (ION) - Kernel 3.4.x

The sources are published here on GitHub: AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM

You can find the commits here:
Rom side
- android_device_samsung_ariesve/commits/cm-10.1_ion_pmem_adsp
- android_hardware_qcom_media-caf/commits/cm-10.1
- android_vendor_samsung_ariesve/commits/cm-10.1_ion

At the moment, there are no changes on gralloc side, so we are simply using the display-caf repo coming from CM.

Kernel side (branch based on jb-2.5.5 branch of CAF) samsung-kernel-msm7x30/commits/cm-10.1_ion_pmem_adsp
In particular the commit mach-msm: Use PMEM ADSP for camera and ION camera heap for video encoder/decoder

We already created the "on working stage" branches for CM 10.2 and CM 11.0, you can find them too on our repos, at the moment there are some problems with hwcomposer and surfaceflinger, but also these two versions are booting, we hope to fix them in the next days...

We hope you can find this stuff useful.
For any info you may contact us via PM.
Any help or hint will be surely appreciated.

Thanks again for your work. :good:

Good luck! :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Hi @mikeioannina,
tonight our team Ariesve-DevConnection-Team (ADC Team), on Samsung Galaxy S Plus development forum section, released a build of CM 10.1 with hybrid memory allocations (ION for almost all + PMEM ADSP for camera libs and drivers only).
The rom is fully working, so camera, camcorder, video recording and playback are working as well...
You can find our thread here:
CyanogenMod 10.1 by ADC-Team - Release 1 (ION) - Kernel 3.4.x

The sources are published here on GitHub: AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM

You can find the commits here:
Rom side
- android_device_samsung_ariesve/commits/cm-10.1_ion_pmem_adsp
- android_hardware_qcom_media-caf/commits/cm-10.1
- android_vendor_samsung_ariesve/commits/cm-10.1_ion

At the moment, there are no changes on gralloc side, so we are simply using the display-caf repo coming from CM.

Kernel side (branch based on jb-2.5.5 branch of CAF) samsung-kernel-msm7x30/commits/cm-10.1_ion_pmem_adsp
In particular the commit mach-msm: Use PMEM ADSP for camera and ION camera heap for video encoder/decoder

We already created the "on working stage" branches for CM 10.2 and CM 11.0, you can find them too on our repos, at the moment there are some problems with hwcomposer and surfaceflinger, but also these two versions are booting, we hope to fix them in the next days...

We hope you can find this stuff useful.
For any info you may contact us via PM.
Any help or hint will be surely appreciated.

Thanks again for your work. :good:

Good luck! :fingers-crossed:

Great job! I'm currently having some trouble getting my MDDI panels work on 3.4.x kernel but these changes are definitely useful.

sud.vastav

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2013
Manipal
Can you please elaborate your steps?

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Team,

please help me, even after using .587 ROM and following steps for installing cwm11 , the phone doeas not move ahead after showing the LX logo (naa kernel and cyanogenmod), i had kept waiting for as long as 30mins, please suggest. i am having great hopes of getting kitkat on my xperia live, struggling to make it happen,
Note : the device is unlocked as per guidelines from sony website only

Please share the explicit information in this regard

thanks
hemant

Not booting Xperia LWW wt19i

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

1. i unlocked my xperia lww wt19i as per bootunlocker.sonymobile.com, the unlocked was already with .587 ROM
2. i installed CM10 - coconut nightly, it worked but GAPPS was not functioning.
3. since GAPPS was not functioning, i was not ale to work fully with the phone as none of the apps were available
4. i attempted to install CM11-coconut from steps as mentioned in legacy xperia website
5. i did not find any error while installing the CM11-coconut, still after first re-boot the phone only shows LX xperia logo with NAA & cyanogenmod for a minute and then blank display which never moves ahead
6. i was told to ensure ROM is .587, so just to make sure, i downloaded .587 again and flashed it, however even after doing .587 ROM re-installation, i am facing problem of blank display.

Note - is the above problem because of sandisk ultra 32gb memory card, i just suspected while writing this.

thanks

Reactions: TheSoulsHunt3R

tigger360

Nov 9, 2011
To everyone having problems with mx player, the dev just updated the app to support 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 . I cant test it myself cause i dont have a computer to flash the kernel for this rom, therefore i cant flash it. Just enjoy following the thread :D hope this helps

Sent from my Xperia Arc using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 11[/SIZE]

Links to development threads:
    Arc / Arc S
    Mini / Mini Pro / Active / Live with Walkman
    Neo / Neo V
    Pro
    Ray
    Play / Neo L

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    The time has come!

## Nightly build 20140512 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated to Android 4.4.2_r2
    * New kernel based on kk_2.7-stable CAF branch
    * Enabled ION for everything except camera
    * Enabled VSYNC (aka Project Butter)
    * Updated audio HAL (various updates/bugfixes)
    * Use display-caf/media-caf instead of display-legacy/media-legacy
    * Updated adreno GPU libs from Galaxy S3 (d2lte)
    * Disabled KSM by default to improve performance
    * Fixed device always booting to recovery after rebooting to bootloader
    * Updated zRAM from kernel 3.14
    * Enabled hid-sony kernel driver for PS3 controller
    * Enabled hid-wiimote kernel driver for wiimote
    * New bootlogo by JovieBrett
    * Fixed video recording delay
    * Fixed Google maps flickering
    * Added landscape support in dialer & in-call UI (for Mini Pro/Pro)
    * Fixed custom cpu clocks & governor not persisting after reboot
    * Removed some unused SEMC audio code from kernel

Thanks to @Langes, we have some fresh builds rolling. Builds will appear in basketbuild alphabetically until tomorrow.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Here's a status update:

- Rebased & cleaned up the new audio HAL
    - Some fixes ported from msm8660 audio HAL
    - Fix in audio HAL for VOIP apps like Skype and Line
    - Fixed coconut stereo speakers
    - Testing some changes from CAF jb_2.5.3 branch in frameworks/av related to LPA audio issues
    - Testing some camera changes again, should be the most stable we can have at the moment
    - Disabled 720p again. It's unstable and needs more testing. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Testing change to fix "bootlogo appearing while in android" bug
    - Tested FM and made some additional changes but still don't get audio. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Kernel: some interactive governor updates
    - Kernel: increase ION_MM size. Should fix out-of-memory issues with some apps like netflix

As usual, I push all my changes on github so you can test building.
    I would appreciate if you don't share any more home builds here, I will release some builds myself when some more bugs are ironed out.