FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] NEWB GUIDES To | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE/T.S. ODIN | INSTALL TWRP | ROOT |

3,877 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,143
 
By vincom, Recognized Contributor on 13th May 2012, 10:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2012, 01:15 AM |#21  
mahanddeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dp0is0n2012

NO it wont. If you do it the right way.

as far as I know it is just one way, odin...any other?
27th June 2012, 04:57 PM |#22  
vincom's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 4,143
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem

as far as I know it is just one way, odin...any other?

to return to stock, odin, never heard any1 doing it any other way

edit: there is a post stating u can use kies , initially u dont plug in the usb, enter the serial# and model# into kies and kies would restore the phone, seems to work for att, i tried it but it doesnt seem to work for canucks
29th June 2012, 12:02 AM |#23  
Decepticaons's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Byron Center
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
for good measure i would also flash the stock baseband in cwm before using odin. I didn't the first couple times and even tho the about phone stated 2.3.5 my wallpapers from before the flash were still sticking even tho i wiped everything, and the baseband was also still showing uclf5 after i used odin. This may be just my phone, but i know what im doing and i did it right lol. Just a heads up in case this happens to you too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
29th June 2012, 03:35 AM |#24  
vincom's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 4,143
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticaons

for good measure i would also flash the stock baseband in cwm before using odin. I didn't the first couple times and even tho the about phone stated 2.3.5 my wallpapers from before the flash were still sticking even tho i wiped everything, and the baseband was also still showing uclf5 after i used odin. This may be just my phone, but i know what im doing and i did it right lol. Just a heads up in case this happens to you too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

never happened to me but cant hurt flashing radio since cwm doesnt wipe radio

edit: i have updated the op w/links to the stock radios, aka modems
29th June 2012, 03:46 AM |#25  
Naaser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TN
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
I'm new on skyrocket... but I have question about ics office 4.0.4 i727r .. can use this stock on my skyrocket at&t?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
29th June 2012, 08:05 AM |#26  
mahanddeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naaser

I'm new on skyrocket... but I have question about ics office 4.0.4 i727r .. can use this stock on my skyrocket at&t?

No..That's not safe to say the least (I mean the official Rogers tar on sammobile.com on your att i727) .... You might end up with a brick
1st July 2012, 03:10 AM |#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok flash went good now....
Flashed back to stock. Phone says I'm at android 2.3.5 I727UCKJ2. How do I update back to 2.3.6. My phone and kies say I'm up to date.

Thanks for any help.
3rd July 2012, 11:12 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
ty at least i know how to go back to stock the right way with the sammobile tar files, even stock ics, is the usb cable that important, im getting a used skyrocket and i dont think the seller has the original cable
4th July 2012, 02:24 AM |#29  
vincom's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 4,143
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun198

ty at least i know how to go back to stock the right way with the sammobile tar files, even stock ics, is the usb cable that important, im getting a used skyrocket and i dont think the seller has the original cable

u can try it, but i suggest an oem cable to rule out any probs
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vincom Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 03:03 AM |#30  
mahanddeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Good topic Vincom

Here's the direct links , no account required to access the files :

Stock at&t GB 2.3.5
http://hotfile.com/dl/145854065/0a77...2_ATT.zip.html

Stock at&t ICS 4.0.4
http://www.hotfile.com/dl/162779401/...6_ATT.zip.html

Stock Rogers GB 2.3.5
http://hotfile.com/dl/146339661/7644...7_RWC.zip.html

Stock Rogers ICS 4.0.4
http://www.hotfile.com/dl/160454593/...3_RWC.zip.html

Please update links in OP for convinience
Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahanddeem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mahanddeem Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 09:30 AM |#31  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,196
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem

Good topic Vincom

Here's the direct links , no account required to access the files :

Stock at&t GB 2.3.5
http://hotfile.com/dl/145854065/0a77...2_ATT.zip.html

Stock Rogers GB 2.3.5
http://hotfile.com/dl/146339661/7644...7_RWC.zip.html

Stock Rogers ICS 4.0.4
http://www.hotfile.com/dl/160454593/...3_RWC.zip.html

Please update links in OP for convinience
Thanks

I've been hosting the sammobile tar for att for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes