Release Date

Search This thread

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
Lol @ all of the links that refer you right back to this very thread. Good work OP.

Sent from my PC36100 ...for now...

searcher61

Apr 11, 2007
Lol @ all of the links that refer you right back to this very thread. Good work OP.

Sent from my PC36100 ...for now...

Whats funnier is I am now seeing sites saying it "IS" coming out on the fouth, but they refer to the info here as proof. The info here said "roughly" people see what they want to see.

Sent from my secret place where no-one can find me.

Last edited:

Faluzure

Oct 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
www.hyoungryman.com
I laughed my ass off to this, hahaha

Imagine getting a B-day card with a $5 sprint gift card, thanks grandma!! :D

I actually got a $200 gift card from Sprint for Christmas. They exist, but there is fine print on those.

I'm not sure if the policy has changed, but at the time of usage, the gift cards can only be sold by and used by corporate-owned Sprint stores. I wrote a huge complaint to Sprint about how the original purchaser and me (the one who redeemed) had no knowing of the fine print and how I wasted 2 hours of my time (as well as the rep's).

Basically what happened was, my fiance bought me the card from a corp Sprint store. I took it to the nearest Sprint store by my house. I got the HTC Hero, they activated it and set it up for me. Then when it came time to pay, I handed him the card. He tried to use it, but couldn't. He called his manager, who then said to call Sprint corp. Sprint corp told him that only the official stores (not 3rd party) could use them. He had to cancel the activations and reactive my old phone. I was in that store for probably 2 hours going through the whole ordeal.

At the time, I didn't even know there was a difference between a 3rd-party Sprint store and a corporate owned Sprint store. Lesson learned.

ranmasaotome510

Nov 10, 2007
I'm as excited as anyone, but does nobody else read "rough" as meaning "this is our best guess"?

This is RadioShack after all, and as it says on the very same screen, they have absolutely no pricing info. I simply see this as a RadioShack manager optimistically entering the date in since it's the anniversary of the Evo 4G and the release is clearly relatively soon.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

it was a district manager (who wrote this email), just to clear that one up.

sakuul

Sep 17, 2009
also that message only went out to one district, my district received a completely different one

Nrbelex

May 20, 2011
nrbelex.com
Official PRe-Order now Availalable

Spoke to a Sprint corporate store today, and they've been told they can now start doing pre-orders... though it's pretty hush-hush. And like Best Buy and RadioShack, you need to get a $50 gift card.

But still, seeing as Sprint corporate stores are actually Sprint, that's a really great sign it's coming very soon.

And yes, I was first on the list. :)

st0921

Jun 18, 2010
SF Bay Area
Did evo 3d even get FCC Aapproval? I couldn't find any info on this. On the nexus release, it got FCC approval on 4/11, announced by Sprint on 4/26, released on 5/8... approximately 2 weeks apart each point. does that mean we have to wait for at least 1 month from now?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Did evo 3d even get FCC Aapproval? I couldn't find any info on this. On the nexus release, it got FCC approval on 4/11, announced by Sprint on 4/26, released on 5/8... approximately 2 weeks apart each point. does that mean we have to wait for at least 1 month from now?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Hmm, now that you mention it, I haven't seen anything about FCC approval, either. That combined with Sprint/HTC saying Summer 2011, and the first day of summer is June 21st, it would not surprise me to see a late June, early July release. :(

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Ginger-on-Hero action here!

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
I would imagine that the slightest change in electronics of a device would mandate FCC approval as a different device which would keep "platform-base" devices from being able to keep being an "fcc-approval-base"...I can easily find evidence of the HTC Sensation getting FCC approval, but, there are a few significant differences....but even more significant similarities between the two....

but, otherwise, good point.....hmmmmm....

Top Liked Posts