[Q] customer rooted s4 now stuck on logo with...

Search This thread

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
I'm.order to flash a ROM which it seems like you were trying tondo, you will have to install a custom recovery. Twrp is the easiest. Go to play store download goo manager and allow it root access. Hit the menu button and select "install recovery script".

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

He can neither boot nor get the pc to see the phone in download mode at the moment.

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio
I'm.order to flash a ROM which it seems like you were trying tondo, you will have to install a custom recovery. Twrp is the easiest. Go to play store download goo manager and allow it root access. Hit the menu button and select "install recovery script".

No can do it will not boot past the logo.
It is stuck at the warranty bit set with galaxy s4 splash.

Things i know the customer tried to root it and failed horrifically. ADB mode on maybe? but nothing is for sure here. Just know it is stuck on splash and will go in to download mode and stock recovery mode. These are the only things i have to work with.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
No can do it will not boot past the logo.
It is stuck at the warranty bit set with galaxy s4 splash.

Things i know the customer tried to root it and failed horrifically. ADB mode on maybe? but nothing is for sure here. Just know it is stuck on splash and will go in to download mode and stock recovery mode. These are the only things i have to work with.

have you tried more than one PC when attempting to get ODIN to recognize the phone?

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
No but other samsung phones such as a s2 etc detect just fine.

On the odin screen (downloading screen) it says write protection enabled and emmc burst mode enabled in gray

it always says write protection enable. thats not what is stopping odin from seeing it in the pc. i wonder if it is the drivers from the other phones you have installed that are causing that

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio
it always says write protection enable. thats not what is stopping odin from seeing it in the pc. i wonder if it is the drivers from the other phones you have installed that are causing that

I thought that might be it as well. But from what i can tell on the samsung site there's no difference in driver files between models only between oses.

Regardless of model i put in on their site i get the same file. So it seems the drivers are unified.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
I thought that might be it as well. But from what i can tell on the samsung site there's no difference in driver files between models only between oses.

Regardless of model i put in on their site i get the same file. So it seems the drivers are unified.

the reason i ask is because i know when i upgraded from an s2 to an s4 i needed to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. im not sure what else i can suggest. there are a lot of ppl on this site that know much more than i do...

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

the reason i ask is because i know when i upgraded from an s2 to an s4 i needed to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. im not sure what else i can suggest. there are a lot of ppl on this site that know much more than i do...

one last thing... did you try more than one version of ODIN?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

see if this post helps

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011423

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

one last thing... did you try more than one version of ODIN?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

see if this post helps

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011423

yeh tried other drivers as well. Something is bad wrong with this guys phone.

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio
Sacrifice it to the god of Light (GoT reference).

LOL

Just bugs me that i can't get this to work at all. Multiple pcs drivers cables etc and zip for results.
Im starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the mother board on the phone. As it is not being seen any whee inside of windows.

Sense i can get it in to download mode but still can not do any thing as it does not show in any of the 4 or 5 vers of odin i dled. It almost acts like hardware problem with the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Says something in red about footer being wrong and signature not valid then reboots with original problem. Don't know is a stock recovery or custom or what have you on this sucker. How do you tell if it is a custom recovery installed and not stock recovery?
    when you try to.flash and fails is there a android guy on its back with a exclamation mark? if so thats stock recovery amd you cannot flash anything in stock recovery.