[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

Black_Prince

Jul 18, 2012
Hey moderator I request you to please include Agreed button like thanks button if possible ...
In most of the post you agree to a problem or like the post of others ...
So simple humble request ...:)

ROM : CodeBox 1.8.5 Official
Kernel : Horsepower 3.1.0 - Fuss
If you like my post... hit thanks...:)

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
As Nexus 4 doesn't have Forum Mod assigned yet, I'm asking here. Can I have this thread stickied?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135

Thanks you.

Done :)

And done :)

XASPERATED

Nov 3, 2012
sydney
Find your device not working for Xperia S

Hello Moderators,

I believe recently Xperia S threads have been relocated from P, U and Sola group to Sony Xperia S, Acro S, Ion. I'm not sure if I am the only experiencing this but clicking Sony Xperia S in the Find your device search box in the top navigates to the old forum page. If this is need of a fix kindly look into it.

Thanks

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Hello Moderators,

I believe recently Xperia S threads have been relocated from P, U and Sola group to Sony Xperia S, Acro S, Ion. I'm not sure if I am the only experiencing this but clicking Sony Xperia S in the Find your device search box in the top navigates to the old forum page. If this is need of a fix kindly look into it.

Thanks

The 'Find Your Device' search box is cached on the server. It will catch up to the new forum within a day or so.

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
I have to discuss a -ve feedback given to me.

User - Jaydizz

I clearly asked him "if its possible to list the item on ebay?" and in the very same PM I clearly mentioned "don't list the item on ebay yet".
So, I think I don't really deserve the -ve feedback here.

Whatever we dealt on ebay, should be taken care on ebay itself. If I bought the item (from auction) and didn't pay, I will be getting an unpaid item recorded on my ebay account and perhaps suspension too and the seller can send a -ve feedback on ebay itself, if he wants to.
I don't know why the dealings on ebay should affect here.

PS: I never posted in the sale thread that I am buying.
Although, I did agreed to buy through PM but I clearly asked the seller to NOT list the item on ebay yet because I was not sure if I will be able to pay at that time.

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
These days the Xperia 2012 section got a huge merging and separation. now Xperia S, Ion and Acro S are into one. However, I'm confused of who are the moderators of that section. Could anyone point me that?

Also, is it possible to add something like this to that section? (Check Attachment)

Last edited:

Jaydizz

Oct 11, 2011
Michigan

User - Jaydizz

I clearly asked him "if its possible to list the item on ebay?" and in the very same PM I clearly mentioned "don't list the item on ebay yet".

Whatever we dealt on ebay, should be taken care on ebay itself. If I bought the item (from auction) and didn't pay, I will be getting an unpaid item recorded on my ebay account and perhaps suspension too and the seller can send a -ve feedback on ebay itself, if he wants to.

Although, I did agreed to buy through PM but I clearly asked the seller to NOT list the item on ebay yet because I was not sure if I will be able to pay at that time.

I am reporting the retaliation neg feedback you left for me. BTW, here is what I sent in the report.

This is a retaliation neg feedback and completely unnecessary.I have the PM proving that Lamborg asked me to list it on Ebay, and I am willing to forward this to a mod if needed.

From Lamborg:
"Hey, would it be possible for you to put it on ebay? Don't put it now, I just wanted to know if its possible for you or not."

Yes, he did say not to do it now, but I wanted this thing sold. I listed the phone on Ebay, and responded with this :

From Me:
"I ended up listing the Razr on ebay. I set it up so users can make an offer (I figured at least it would still sell if you change your mind ). I gave away the 32gb class 10 micro sd, a friend needed one, but I can still include a 16gb Class 4 Micro SD. How is $215 shipped with the 16gb Class 4 Micro sd and all other accessories listed in original post? Just send me your user ID for ebay, and offer $215, and I will accept your offer.

Here are the screen pics. I just lifted up on the screen protector and snapped a pic. Screen is flawless under the screen protector.
http://s951.beta.photobucket.com/use...42306.jpg.html
http://s951.beta.photobucket.com/use...42303.jpg.html

Here is the ebay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290801879221"

Lamborg was not forced to make an offer on the phone. The auction was set up in a way that I was confident it would definitely sell, but Lamborg did kindly ask if I would wait 3-5 days max for payment, in which I agreed to this and accepted his offer. I accepted his offer on Sunday October 28th.

From Lamborg:
"Ok.... I understand.
Can you do me a favour? Can you wait for like 3-5 days at most? Its because I sold a phone to a friend and he's yet to pay me. Because of the Halloween weekend, I thought it would be inappropriate to ask. I understand 5 days is too much but its the MAXIMUM. I'll try to make it ASAP, likely 2 or 3 days.
I can assure is that I am totally interested in this phone.
Do you think you can do with $210?
Also, you'll be able to leave a feedback for me here too?

Thanks, let me know what you think."

On Thursday November 1st, I sent a message to Lamborg asking about payment.

From me:
"Is it possible for you to pay by tomorrow so I can ship by Friday? Otherwise I won't be able to ship until Monday."

I did not hear on a response from lamborg, so I sent a followup message on Friday November 2nd telling him that I would need to cancel the auction if payment was not made.

From me:
"If you can't pay by tomorrow, I'll need to cancel the auction and relist it. I really want this Razr sold. It's not doing me any good sitting around."

Lamborg asked for a couple more days for payment, I agreed to an extra couple of days:

From Lamborg:
"Sorry, I wasn't able to pay or reply to your last msg.
I'll pay by this weekend or at most Monday morning. Please wait till Monday and if I don't pay on Monday, you can cancel it. I had been very busy.
Sorry again."

My response:
"Alright, I'll wait until Monday. Thanks for the explanation. Not meaning to seem like a jerk, but it just seems like you are only half serious about buying this. If you do pay by monday, I will hold my word about leaving good feedback and offering a return for any reason at all (except for buyers remorse :p .) "

I had not heard anything at all from Lamborg once Monday November 5th came and went. I submitted an unpaying buyers form on Monday November 5th, which gives the buyer 4 extra days to pay before it will let me cancel the auction. I could finally cancel the auction on Thursday November 8th because of no payment or no response from Lamborg (12 days after Lamborg's offer was accepted on Ebay). Because all of the transaction was through XDA (ebay was just the middleman), I felt leaving feedback on XDA was appropriate. I also knew that leaving a neg would probably result in a retaliatory neg feedback, but I was willing to take the chance to hopefully save somebody else the headache I went through.

Lamborg is apparently "too busy" to take the transactions on XDA seriously.

Last edited:

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
I think things like are are better sorted out in private via pm to a senior mod.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009

User - Jaydizz

You agreed to buy through PM... End of dispute, accept the feedback like an adult..

This is a good examples of why the MP is getting suspended...

You appear to have ignored the advice on buying here on multiple counts, and now want us to remove your negative feedback for backing out of a deal after you agreed to it?

No.

Reactions: the_scotsman

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
I am reporting the retaliation neg feedback you left for me. BTW, here is what I sent in the report.

This is a retaliation neg feedback and completely unnecessary.I have the PM proving that Lamborg asked me to list it on Ebay, and I am willing to forward this to a mod if needed.

From Lamborg:
"Hey, would it be possible for you to put it on ebay? Don't put it now, I just wanted to know if its possible for you or not."

Yes, he did say not to do it now, but I wanted this thing sold. I listed the phone on Ebay, and responded with this :

From Me:
"I ended up listing the Razr on ebay. I set it up so users can make an offer (I figured at least it would still sell if you change your mind ). I gave away the 32gb class 10 micro sd, a friend needed one, but I can still include a 16gb Class 4 Micro SD. How is $215 shipped with the 16gb Class 4 Micro sd and all other accessories listed in original post? Just send me your user ID for ebay, and offer $215, and I will accept your offer.

Here are the screen pics. I just lifted up on the screen protector and snapped a pic. Screen is flawless under the screen protector.
http://s951.beta.photobucket.com/use...42306.jpg.html
http://s951.beta.photobucket.com/use...42303.jpg.html

Here is the ebay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290801879221"

Lamborg was not forced to make an offer on the phone. The auction was set up in a way that I was confident it would definitely sell, but Lamborg did kindly ask if I would wait 3-5 days max for payment, in which I agreed to this and accepted his offer. I accepted his offer on Sunday October 28th.

From Lamborg:
"Ok.... I understand.
Can you do me a favour? Can you wait for like 3-5 days at most? Its because I sold a phone to a friend and he's yet to pay me. Because of the Halloween weekend, I thought it would be inappropriate to ask. I understand 5 days is too much but its the MAXIMUM. I'll try to make it ASAP, likely 2 or 3 days.
I can assure is that I am totally interested in this phone.
Do you think you can do with $210?
Also, you'll be able to leave a feedback for me here too?

Thanks, let me know what you think."

On Thursday November 1st, I sent a message to Lamborg asking about payment.

From me:
"Is it possible for you to pay by tomorrow so I can ship by Friday? Otherwise I won't be able to ship until Monday."

I did not hear on a response from lamborg, so I sent a followup message on Friday November 2nd telling him that I would need to cancel the auction if payment was not made.

From me:
"If you can't pay by tomorrow, I'll need to cancel the auction and relist it. I really want this Razr sold. It's not doing me any good sitting around."

Lamborg asked for a couple more days for payment, I agreed to an extra couple of days:

From Lamborg:
"Sorry, I wasn't able to pay or reply to your last msg.
I'll pay by this weekend or at most Monday morning. Please wait till Monday and if I don't pay on Monday, you can cancel it. I had been very busy.
Sorry again."

My response:
"Alright, I'll wait until Monday. Thanks for the explanation. Not meaning to seem like a jerk, but it just seems like you are only half serious about buying this. If you do pay by monday, I will hold my word about leaving good feedback and offering a return for any reason at all (except for buyers remorse :p .) "

I had not heard anything at all from Lamborg once Monday November 5th came and went. I submitted an unpaying buyers form on Monday November 5th, which gives the buyer 4 extra days to pay before it will let me cancel the auction. I could finally cancel the auction on Thursday November 8th because of no payment or no response from Lamborg (12 days after Lamborg's offer was accepted on Ebay). Because all of the transaction was through XDA (ebay was just the middleman), I felt leaving feedback on XDA was appropriate. I also knew that leaving a neg would probably result in a retaliatory neg feedback, but I was willing to take the chance to hopefully save somebody else the headache I went through.

Lamborg is apparently "too busy" to take the transactions on XDA seriously.

The buyer stated he wanted to buy the item. He acknowledges that he didn't pay, and will get an unpaid item record on ebay, and possibly suspension.

As such you were within your right to give negative feedback on ebay and/or here.

He should not have left retaliatory feedback because of that, as he has admitted he was in the wrong.

He's also not acting in a particularly mature manner... Anyway I'll take a look, but his feedback sounds unjustified and due to him acting like a child. If that's the case I'll get I removed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.