PLease all Dev's have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737497 ..aria has 4.4.4
i had contacted a developer and he said he does not own device so he can't help.
this is what he replied

"From what I see your best bet is to use the repos in the androidarmv6 github repo. Their kernel will be similar and hardware too. Just a few dependencies for your device. idk how many "developers" you guys have but this is what needs to happen".

Last edited:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
ok sorry for the wait

You guys have this repo at your disposal

https://github.com/androidarmv6

Thats for devices like yours. By porting in your device specific changes in defconfig and board files then you can build for your device. Thing is you can't be building from CM main repos due to the issues with compatibility but the armv6 repo has everything. If Aria is a similar device (idk) then you can base off that

quakze

Jul 10, 2014
Bangalore
ok sorry for the wait

Thats for devices like yours. By porting in your device specific changes in defconfig and board files then you can build for your device. Thing is you can't be building from CM main repos due to the issues with compatibility but the armv6 repo has everything. If Aria is a similar device (idk) then you can base off that

Thanks, appreciate your response !

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
I'm part of the androidarmv6 and maintain HTC msm7x27 devices. What you need to start with is your CM10.1 device tree(s) as well as a good kernel.

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
Hi, I built CM10.1 for the Wildfire and it had some bugs which got fixed. The first build had BL and Wifi bug(and more). In the second build the bugs got fixed but suddenly it random reboots! And then the 3rd build isn't even booting up. Between all 3 builds I downloaded the whole source again. And I made always the same things! But I can't get it booting anymore! I use prebuilt kernel. Is that a kernel issue?
@Olivier

Last edited:

quakze

Jul 10, 2014
Bangalore
Hi, I built CM10.1 for the Wildfire and it had some bugs which got fixed. The first build had BL and Wifi bug(and more). In the second build the bugs got fixed but suddenly it random reboots! And then the 3rd build isn't even booting up. Between all 3 builds I downloaded the whole source again. And I made always the same things! But I can't get it booting anymore! I use prebuilt kernel. Is that a kernel issue?

Can U send me the Logcat of 2nd built, let me see .

If U are using the same kernel for all the builds. then the problem is in the "libandroid_runtime.so"..
The source keep updating/changing, that's why you are getting different results.

Reactions: GeekyDroid

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
Can U send me the Logcat of 2nd built, let me see .

If U are using the same kernel for all the builds. then the problem is in the "libandroid_runtime.so"..
The source keep updating/changing, that's why you are getting different results.

Hmm, thank you very much. I will take a look at it when I come back from holidays! Will start to work on a stable CM10.1 on 28th !

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Okay I'll create a gitbub organization and help you. What's your name on github?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Spardantex

quakze

Jul 10, 2014
Bangalore
Kernel project Status

I am in the last second stage of building a kernel for Wildfire, compiling it !

Yes, struck down by many hurdles. But still catching up !

Every Will Brothers, Pray and hope it will be the success story :D

Reactions: Spardantex

quakze

Jul 10, 2014
Bangalore
I am getting a Waring while compiling the Kernel v3.4 :

arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:382:13: warning: ‘io_apic_level_ack_pending’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
error, forbidden warning: io_apic.c:382
make[3]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/apic] Error 2
make[1]: *** [arch/x86/kernel] Error 2
make: *** [arch/x86] Error 2

your support is much appreciated :)

startracker

Mar 15, 2014
MUMBAI
I am getting a Waring while compiling the Kernel v3.4 :

arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:382:13: warning: ‘io_apic_level_ack_pending’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
error, forbidden warning: io_apic.c:382
make[3]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/apic] Error 2
make[1]: *** [arch/x86/kernel] Error 2
make: *** [arch/x86] Error 2

your support is much appreciated :)

What machine are u using for compilation?

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

quakze

Jul 10, 2014
Bangalore
Hi,

I have to start allover again, My SMPS had issues, so I bought new SMPS seasonic 750W and WD 1TB HDD too.

So I have enough Power and Space for the Project.

Like to see some enthusiasm out here, for me it is just a curve to learn and enjoy the mystery of troubleshooting
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok sorry for the wait

You don't need a new kernel. A CM10.1 kernel can actually make CM11 boot.
    Link me to a good cm10.1 device tree and I'll try to bring the WF up to KitKat.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk
    well it is just awesome that i today found. i think this is important.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_fit_s5670-3726.php , this phone has low performance than us and it has got kitkat...:cowboy:

now http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581415 form., as per instructions the kernel 3 even is not available for this phone but still it is working :good:

so can we work with this thing ?
    imo the biggest success is that our device handles ics quite good. we also have working cm10 and cm10.1 but those roms aren't work as they should work without kernel 3 but in fact, they work :) wildfire wasn't designed to be fast device etc but devs made it as fast as it was possible and i am very glad to them for their effort :)

Wysyłane z mojego HTC Wildfire za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    well so what basically we need a programmer who has decent knowledge. let me make efforts to contact some more developers. :good:

You can try it but see this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470735&page=18
    I build a new version of CM10.1...
    And read up what I said there!