By Amon_RA, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th August 2009, 09:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2009, 12:00 PM |#501  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyfullington

So I'm planning on root the mytouch. My only problem is that I run Linux exclusively on my pc (and have for years.). The instructions refrence a .exe .... :( Can I do this in Wine, has anyone done it in Wine?

You can do it from Linux just fine.. read the instructions carefully, and make sure you download the fastboot for linux as well as the correct SDK.

30th August 2009, 10:55 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Would I be wrong in assuming, from the research I've done, that I can flash directly spl 1.33.2005 once I have one click rooted? I am already running radio 2.22.19.26I. Do I still need to use the gold card?
30th August 2009, 02:08 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfluid

Would I be wrong in assuming, from the research I've done, that I can flash directly spl 1.33.2005 once I have one click rooted? I am already running radio 2.22.19.26I. Do I still need to use the gold card?

That is how I did mine. I did not use the goldcard method at all. I am now on SPL 2005 and rooted.
30th August 2009, 10:25 PM |#504  
Cordova, TN

More
Angry In need of some serious help!!!!!
I got my g1 rooted now im trying my mytouch3g but when I do the steps i get to like step 4 and I cant type numbers in the "Terminal Emualator" when I have to put in mmc1 it wont let me put the number "1" or any number for that matter...can someone please help...email me unfucwithable@gmail.com and tell me what im doing wrong or if there is a different route I can take I tried telent it wouldnt work either...
30th August 2009, 11:33 PM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naplesbill

That is how I did mine. I did not use the goldcard method at all. I am now on SPL 2005 and rooted.

Did you flash a different Android load as well? I was planning on running my factory Android load with 2005 for a while.

Thanks
31st August 2009, 02:43 AM |#506  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIION

I got my g1 rooted now im trying my mytouch3g but when I do the steps i get to like step 4 and I cant type numbers in the "Terminal Emualator" when I have to put in mmc1 it wont let me put the number "1" or any number for that matter...can someone please help...email me unfucwithable@gmail.com and tell me what im doing wrong or if there is a different route I can take I tried telent it wouldnt work either...

I had this problem when I tried to use the "better" terminal program. I switched to the regular terminal emulator and I was able to type numbers. Just hold menu once you open the normal terminal emulator and the keyboard will pop up.
31st August 2009, 02:45 AM |#507  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfluid

Did you flash a different Android load as well? I was planning on running my factory Android load with 2005 for a while.

Thanks

I did flash a custom rom. I have not tried running a factory rom on spl 2005.
31st August 2009, 04:21 PM |#508  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Trying to unroot myTouch 3G:

HBOOT 1.33.0006
RAdio 2.22.19.261

I followed the unroot instructions, and when it's running...

checking sappimg.zip

It stops and states "Model ID incorrect."

Anyone have this issue?

Edit: OK, I was trying a different hex editor because I was at work at the time (no admin access). Got home, used the suggested hex editor per the directions to create the goldcard and worked perfectly. Thanks this is a life saver.
1st September 2009, 04:14 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The myTouch I just received already has the 2.22.19.26l as the stock radio.

Do I still need to update the radio to root the phone?
9th September 2009, 03:16 PM |#510  
Flag MPLS
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Questions...
Thanks very much for the procedure AMON_RA!!! I have a few questions wrt to the process you document though. Other than these I had a good time getting to know my phone a bit better.

1.) Was there a way to back up my old apps and settings with Nandroid using the recovery-ROM, prior to flashing a new ROM? I am using CM 4.0.4 right now and 3G data doesn't work...Anyway, I am curious if I had created a Nandroid backup of my Tmobile rom and applied it now, if I would have this issue. If this is possible or beneficial/more secure in anyway I would consider adding it to the method.

2.) Is this thread/procedure currently the best way to root a MT3G? If so what are the benefits over the one click method being discussed in other threads? I have a 32b and with the one click methods I don't know that I would have to risk flashing my radio to 32a and then back to 32b (this is what I did, if I did the daredevil procedure right?).
10th September 2009, 12:28 PM |#511  

More
damned vodafone for perfect spl
I just recently placed my htc magic for repair with vodafone; it was the first batch of the magics as I got it on the day it was out so the spl was not perfect, they didn't have the time to fix my phone and they replaced it with one with the perfect spl !!! watchout for this spl its not mentioned in the forums

HBOOT-1.33.0007 !!

btw just wondering if I followed the steps to downgrade the spl, would I loose the original boot.img of my phone and can't back it up ??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)