FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] ~~~ HTC EVO - Auto Root ~~~ v2.5 (4/25/11)(deprecated)

6,813 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,553

By xHausx, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th November 2010, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2010, 01:05 AM |#101  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadakar

My phone's stuck at the bootloader, I try to reboot via fastboot, just boots me back into bootloader. Every time I select bootloader, if gives me that stupid "PC36IMG" update crap. How to I actually get back to using my phone?

Did you get your copy of eng-pc36imb.zip from the mirror link on the OP?

15th November 2010, 01:11 AM |#102  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I didn't use the mirrors, but now I don't have access to my sd from bootloader and I don't have a microsd adapter.
15th November 2010, 01:16 AM |#103  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakpan

is there any way I can put 2.2 back on my phone?

You can use the RUUs I link to in my OP to restore it.

Quote:

My phone's stuck at the bootloader, I try to reboot via fastboot, just boots me back into bootloader. Every time I select bootloader, if gives me that stupid "PC36IMG" update crap. How to I actually get back to using my phone?

You are trying to use the yellow "reboot" and not "reboot bootloader" correct?

It all depends on what state your phone is in, a few things that I need to know are did it flash the pc36img, does it show s-OFF or S-ON at the top, what version does it say your hBoot is and most importantly is this the first time youve tried to root?
15th November 2010, 01:26 AM |#104  
Flag Central Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakpan

fastboot devices command does not show anything, but adb devices does. does this mean fastboot will not work? back to the drawing board?

You must be in the fastboot menu with all the reset options, if you are in the bootloader it will change to ADB.
15th November 2010, 01:26 AM |#105  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Fixed it! I had to go to erase data from bootloader, wiped my phone, but it let me boot up, and yeah I was trying the yellow option. Thanks for the tutorial! Everything else worked!
15th November 2010, 01:31 AM |#106  
Flag Central Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Fixed it! I had to go to erase data from bootloader, wiped my phone, but it let me boot up, and yeah I was trying the yellow option. Thanks for the tutorial! Everything else worked!

Glad to hear it, if you need any thing else just shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to try to help
15th November 2010, 03:40 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can you link me to an uncorrupted pc36img.zip? I currently have tried to root an EVO using the above method and as with a couple users, the pc36img will load and do nothing.

I tried to use Unrevoked3 method and it said, "Triumph" but no clue to what that does so I'm trying this method. (just fyi)

My S-ON is still there. And I can't flash a recovery image because i need S-OFF?
15th November 2010, 03:50 AM |#108  
Flag Central Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi_s1

can you link me to an uncorrupted pc36img.zip? I currently have tried to root an EVO using the above method and as with a couple users, the pc36img will load and do nothing.

I tried to use Unrevoked3 method and it said, "Triumph" but no clue to what that does so I'm trying this method. (just fyi)

My S-ON is still there. And I can't flash a recovery image because i need S-OFF?

There are two mirrors in the OP that should be good. Does it ask if you want to flash the update or is it skipping over it?
15th November 2010, 03:58 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
it's just skipping over it.

[EDIT] I'll download the new pc36img and see it it updates. Thanks for the mirror
[EDIT] So will this method also give me S-OFF?
15th November 2010, 04:02 AM |#110  
Flag Central Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi_s1

it's just skipping over it.

[EDIT] I'll download the new pc36img and see it it updates. Thanks for the mirror

You will probably need to flash the mtd-eng.img again, also double check that it is named correctly as the bootloader is very picky about that. PC36IMG.zip
15th November 2010, 04:09 AM |#111  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Talking Success at last!
I flashed Chris1683's brand new Sprint Lovers ROM and it is an unqualified success.

Thanks for all your assistance, Chris (by the by, my name is Chris, too).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)