[Solved] Reliance Jio VoLTE in M8

Search This thread

jazzzzzzz

Jul 1, 2011
Trivandrum
As the title says, anybody got VoLTE enabled in M8 ?

I have tried almost all RUU including Developer Edition RUU,Indian RUU etc .None of the ROM doest support VoLTE.

Any suggestions to enable? :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: ajai_dev

jazzzzzzz

Jul 1, 2011
Trivandrum
At last I Found solution to enable Reliance Jio VoLTE for m8,

1.) S-OFF your M8 using SunShine.
2.) Change your CID to Super CID.
3.) Change you MID to 0P6B12000
4.) Download the AT&T lastest RUU from
http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_M8_UL_M60_SENSE70_ATT_MR_Cingular_US_6.20.502.5_combined.exe?_ga=1.176217506.667414554.1488534807
5) Install RUU to your M8...

You can now call directly using dialer. (No need to use JioVoice App for calling or SMS)...:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::good::good:

sonnu0100

May 6, 2015

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...ined.exe?_ga=1.176217506.667414554.1488534807

You can now call directly using dialer. (No need to use JioVoice App for calling or SMS)...:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::good::good:
Have a verizon htc m8 . Jio working but no volte .s-off .

But i can not even try this at&t ruu on my cdma variant , this may hardbrick the radio part .

Any developer having radio/firmware skill can port the volte only feature for s-off phones

Hit THANKS if somebody help you

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_M8_UL_M60_SENSE70_ATT_MR_Cingular_US_6.20.502.5_combined.exe?_ga=1.176217506.667414554.1488534807

can you post a screenshot of volte or calls working with jio network ?

jazzzzzzz

Jul 1, 2011
Trivandrum
Look this screenshot...even with my wifi on I can call through my htc dialer

Attachments

• IMG_20170308_231159.jpg
    IMG_20170308_231159.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 2,490
Reactions: aaki_rocker

jazzzzzzz

Jul 1, 2011
Trivandrum
Have a verizon htc m8 . Jio working but no volte .s-off .

But i can not even try this at&t ruu on my cdma variant , this may hardbrick the radio part .

Any developer having radio/firmware skill can port the volte only feature for s-off phones

Hit THANKS if somebody help you

I don't think any dev's do this for CDMA M8
..bad luck bro..!

IMHOTOmkar

Jun 11, 2016
mumbai

I have tried almost all RUU including Developer Edition RUU,Indian RUU etc .None of the ROM doest support VoLTE.

thanks !! the problem is my sprint m8 not supported any indian 4g sim !!
no 4g network :( can someone help me thanks

princepavs

Jan 31, 2007
Only 3G works LTE/4G wont work I tried alot but no results yet… but u nvr know some techie might find a way out ?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IMHOTOmkar

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
SPRINT n Verizon versions are Cdma/GSM versions but 4G/LTE only works on CDMA…

This is false information. CDMA is a completely different network type from GSM, as well as from LTE. A number of folks have gotten the Sprint M8 to work on LTE networks (aside from Sprint). However, LTE compatibility is a tricky thing. Even with the proper band support on the GSM version M8, I've seen a lot of folks not achieve LTE on their local networks. Let alone VoLTE, which is even more complicated (carrier specific deployments, etc.).

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

have GSM Variant Of Sprint M8

When an M8 version is called "CDMA version" it means the phone supports CDMA in addition to (at least some) GSM and LTE bands.

Sprint is a CDMA network. There is no such thing a Sprint branded device that does not support CDMA.

princepavs

Jan 31, 2007
This is false information. CDMA is a completely different network type from GSM, as well as from LTE. A number of folks have gotten the Sprint M8 to work on LTE networks (aside from Sprint). However, LTE compatibility is a tricky thing. Even with the proper band support on the GSM version M8, I've seen a lot of folks not achieve LTE on their local networks. Let alone VoLTE, which is even more complicated (carrier specific deployments, etc.).

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

When an M8 version is called "CDMA version" it means the phone supports CDMA in addition to (at least some) GSM and LTE bands.

Sprint is a CDMA network. There is no such thing a Sprint branded device that does not support CDMA.
Well I believe that this is not possible. Because the Htc One M8 Sprint has hardware restrictions. Then the 4G network will work if your carrier has the same bands used by the Sprint carrier. I also have an Htc One M8 Sprint and M9 Sprint also tried converting M8 to Dev Edition and almost briked my device. So really settle for 3G band or sell yours and buy a Dev Edition. If you know a way to bypass those restrictions that will a help for thousands of people like us who want to have a fully working Sprint M8 n M9 on GSM 4G LTE VoLTE ????

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Well I believe that this is not possible. Because the Htc One M8 Sprint has hardware restrictions. Then the 4G network will work if your carrier has the same bands used by the Sprint carrier. I also have an Htc One M8 Sprint and M9 Sprint also tried converting M8 to Dev Edition and almost briked my device. So really settle for 3G band or sell yours and buy a Dev Edition. If you know a way to bypass those restrictions that will a help for thousands of people like us who want to have a fully working Sprint M8 n M9 on GSM 4G LTE VoLTE

You're talking about a couple different things now.

First of all, the Sprint M8 already supports some (not all) LTE bands, out of the box, with no modification. Maybe the bands supported (there are many used by various carriers worldwide) are not the ones required by your local carrier. Or even if it supports the proper bands, that is no guarantee you will have LTE service on your local carrier; due to carrier specific deployments of LTE. From what I've seen, LTE support on various carriers is very tricky and there is no consistency (even when the device supports the proper LTE bands).

I'm fairly certain that some folks on here have had success getting LTE to work on their local networks on the CDMA M8 (at least Verizon). But your results will vary depending on your local carrier and the factors just mentioned. Plus, the Sprint version seems more locked down than the Verizon M8, so yet more complications there.

Second, what you did trying to convert the Sprint M8 (which you did not previously mention, and a completely separate matter) by flashing RUU, firmware, or radio from any other M8 version is definitely impossible, as you mentioned due to hardware differences; in addition to different radios, different partitioning, and different kernels. This is simply the wrong way to try to change band support on a CDMA version M8; which will not work and may (as you know) possibly lead to a radio brick (and sometimes a permanent radio brick).

There are some possible mods to modify band support on the CDMA variants. However, your results again may vary. In particular, it seems the Sprint version is not particularly compatible with such mods. But here they are, in any case. As always, proceed at your own risk, if you so decide to. And only after reading through the threads and understanding properly :
https://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/general/unlock-bands-qualcomm-device-phone-t2880239
https://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/general/how-to-convert-cdma-m8-sprint-vzw-gsm-t3303812

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SPRINT n Verizon versions are Cdma/GSM versions but 4G/LTE only works on CDMA…

have GSM Variant Of Sprint M8

good share the link of AT&T RUU

All the AT&T RUUs are linked here: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2751432

Keep in mind that the AT&T stock ROM is full of ATT crappy bloat apps, ATT branding, and carrier imposed limitations (no WiFi hotspot/tethering being on of the most important ones). I personally can't stand the AT&T stock ROMs. But if this is what needs to be done for VoLTE, and you really want that, so be it.

Also be aware you need s-off and to change CID (AT&T CID or SuperCID) in order to flash an AT&T RUU.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Now there's the minor issue of no other custom ROM supporting this, and no current AT&T based custom/debloated ROM :/. Still though, can't really complain

Root will allow you to easily debloat, as well as remove a good number of the other crappy ATT "carrier customizations".

Look this screenshot...even with my wifi on I can call through my htc dialer