Thanks Meter: 0

By jenaid, Junior Member on 25th January 2014, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2014, 11:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaid

It's a 16gb card so should be enough space. (in fact have tried two different 16gb cards and get same message for both).
I followed 'new procedure' instructions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613 to make CWM card without burning image - it also specifically says not to create partition on disk.

I guess I need to go back and try the old way...

Did you use the files from NookHD-bootable-CWM-6027-for-emmc-stock-BOOTFILES-r3-(02.13.13).rar?

16gb is pretty big if you will keep the card for this purpose. If you do the old way of burning an image, you will as I said before need to resize the partition to have access to all the space.

I did locate one message in the other thread with your error message in CWM and he was also using a large card (32gb). It worked for him when he used the 4gb image file. Obviously a lot space lost. I've previously burned the 4gb image to an 8gb card and resized the partition. I never saw your error.

Sent from HD+ MAG2GA CM 11 from SD
The Following User Says Thank You to Sherip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sherip Ad-Free

5th February 2014, 12:01 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's a 16gb card so should be enough space. (in fact have tried two different 16gb cards and get same message for both).
I followed 'new procedure' instructions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613 to make CWM card without burning image - it also specifically says not to create partition on disk.

I guess I need to go back and try the old way...

If you are just wanting to flash the Enable Unknown Sources zip, you do not need to back up first. The zip just modifies a hidden setting and does not really modify stock.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 04:45 PM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherip

Did you use the files from NookHD-bootable-CWM-6027-for-emmc-stock-BOOTFILES-r3-(02.13.13).rar?

16gb is pretty big if you will keep the card for this purpose. If you do the old way of burning an image, you will as I said before need to resize the partition to have access to all the space.

I did locate one message in the other thread with your error message in CWM and he was also using a large card (32gb). It worked for him when he used the 4gb image file. Obviously a lot space lost. I've previously burned the 4gb image to an 8gb card and resized the partition. I never saw your error.

Seems the card size was the problem. I created a partition, and as an 8gb card everything worked as it should.

Got Amazon app downloaded, however Angry Birds Go still wouldn't download! Going to go back to the sideloading option and try that.

Thank you for you help though - all part of my learning curve
14th February 2014, 05:01 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

Seems the card size was the problem. I created a partition, and as an 8gb card everything worked as it should.

Got Amazon app downloaded, however Angry Birds Go still wouldn't download! Going to go back to the sideloading option and try that.

Thank you for you help though - all part of my learning curve

FYI I was able to install Angry Birds Go via Amazon on my HD+ in my CM 11 environment. The app is exceptionally large (over 100 MB) and no doubt needs lots of memory. After a few initial crashes it seems to be running OK, tho my skill in the game is very poor. I use verygreen's unofficial CM 11 release booting from a 16gb SD card. Unfortunately I don't see a similar setup available for the HD. There is however a setup to replace the Nook OS with CM 11 on the internal storage EMMC area of the HD. See the first post in verygreen CM 11 thread in the Android Development section if interested.

16th February 2014, 09:15 AM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherip

FYI I was able to install Angry Birds Go via Amazon on my HD+ in my CM 11 environment. The app is exceptionally large (over 100 MB) and no doubt needs lots of memory. After a few initial crashes it seems to be running OK, tho my skill in the game is very poor. I use verygreen's unofficial CM 11 release booting from a 16gb SD card. Unfortunately I don't see a similar setup available for the HD. There is however a setup to replace the Nook OS with CM 11 on the internal storage EMMC area of the HD. See the first post in verygreen CM 11 thread in the Android Development section if interested.

Finally managed to get it sideloaded after deleting some of the other apps to make space. One very happy 5yr old Thank you
16th February 2014, 11:42 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

Finally managed to get it sideloaded after deleting some of the other apps to make space. One very happy 5yr old Thank you

Great, glad you got it. I noticed the app's data was soon up past 400 mb in addition to the 100+ mb program space. So I've uninstalled it.

20th February 2014, 03:46 AM |#17  
Flag Dayton, OH
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Rooting in itself is fairly novice-friendly, there are many wonderful guides in the development forum. Using root access to make changes is where you can run into trouble if you aren't careful. You CAN brick a device, but pulling/installing .apk files isn't likely to do so.

The simplest way to do what you want would be to Google search for the .apk you want, download it, and use a root-capable file manager. (Lots of them available in the PlayStore) to move it to the internal storage as per c0ldburn3r's post above.

Good luck and happy learning!

Arriving to you courtesy of electromagnetism
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalHeretic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DigitalHeretic Ad-Free
9th March 2014, 11:50 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Please tell me the way to move this game to SD card everybody !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)