FORUMS

[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,673

By Snoop05, Senior Member on 29th December 2013, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2017, 08:20 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 640

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattheman

Hello everyone.

First of all great post! this really makes the installation easy.

However I would like to know if anyone had the same issue then me, I am trying to install but is failing, is always saying "The system cannot find the path specified." and the installation fails.

I am on Windows x64 and my HD are encrypted with bitlocker, is this a possible issue? Any help will be much appreciated.

output of the installation:
Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot? (Y/N)Y

Install ADB system-wide? (Y/N)Y

Installing ADB and Fastboot ... (system-wide)

The system cannot find the path specified.
0 file(s) copied.

Do you want to install device drivers? (Y/N)

Cheers

Did you move your ../My Desktop folder to a volume other than C:\?

If so, that could be the issue. Go into your C:\ drive and make a Desktop folder:

C:\Users\My Name Here\desktop

This is better than messing around with the original installer or downloading and running an .exe from a stranger (aka, CIA agent) on the internet.
15th March 2017, 10:24 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo3D

If so, that could be the issue. Go into your C:\ drive and make a Desktop folder:

This is better than messing around with the original installer or downloading and running an .exe from a stranger (aka, CIA agent) on the internet.

Yes, unfortunately here at work this pc's have roaming profiels so folders like desktop are on the network not localy, that must be the reason, anyway I have a mac at home I am going to install windows in a parallel vm and try.

Cheers,
16th March 2017, 03:30 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Not for nothing. I'm I just installed 1.4.3 on Win10 Pro using admin cmd prompt. I installed for all users (why the f not?) and installed the included Google drivers. It worked flawlessly on my Galaxy Tab S2 T-810 2015 Wi-Fi. I mention this because every time before I also needed to install Kies to get it to connect.
16th March 2017, 02:35 PM |#1004  

More
Quote:

Thank you so much, that worked fine I didn't know what this was looking for, definitely is the roaming profile thing.

Adb installed and runing

Cheers
16th March 2017, 06:17 PM |#1005  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattheman

Thank you so much, that worked fine I didn't know what this was looking for, definitely is the roaming profile thing.

Adb installed and runing

Cheers

You're welcome! Did you get Fastboot working? I still can't get that to work on my Windows 10 laptop.
16th March 2017, 06:38 PM |#1006  

More
Quote:

You're welcome! Did you get Fastboot working? I still can't get that to work on my Windows 10 laptop.

I haven't tried to be honest I will let you know once I have the opportunity to test.

At home I have a mac running parallels with windows 10 I will try also to test there.
Correnction: Tested on the Windows10 vm and it´s working fine.
Cheers,
18th March 2017, 09:31 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I just tried plugging in my 3T and installing the drivers via adb-setup again on another Windows 10 PC, exact same issue is happening =/

The device and ADB Interface is shown in the same fashion in Device Manager as the screenshot I attached in my past post...not sure if this is an issue with WIndows 10 or 3T , but can anyone give some advice/troubleshooting steps? I've been at this for 2 weeks now and haven't been able to move forward at all...
18th March 2017, 02:27 PM |#1008  
Flag Cape Coral
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Tool doesn't seem to work on my Win7x64 system. YMMV.
19th March 2017, 04:29 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Finally fixed!

After 2 full weeks of pretty driver troubleshooting, I was going to give up on rooting if I couldn't fix this issue by tomorrow.
Using the tool that @Neo3D mentioned in this thread, I deleted ALL android related drivers, not just the ones listed as ADB or OnePlus 3T (I deleted all drivers associated with my past android phones as well).

I then rebooted my PC, executed the adb_setup tool, booted up my 3T in fastboot mode, plugged it in, opened device manager, and to my surprise, my 3T was finally listed under "Other devices". I then just manually updated the drivers, tested "fastboot devices" and it now works without problem.

Planning to unlock bootloader and root tomorrow, thank you for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to PhaseOfFact For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhaseOfFact Ad-Free
19th March 2017, 06:00 PM |#1010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOfFact

Finally fixed!

After 2 full weeks of pretty driver troubleshooting, I was going to give up on rooting if I couldn't fix this issue by tomorrow.
Using the tool that @Neo3D mentioned in this thread, I deleted ALL android related drivers, not just the ones listed as ADB or OnePlus 3T (I deleted all drivers associated with my past android phones as well).

I then rebooted my PC, executed the adb_setup tool, booted up my 3T in fastboot mode, plugged it in, opened device manager, and to my surprise, my 3T was finally listed under "Other devices". I then just manually updated the drivers, tested "fastboot devices" and it now works without problem.

Planning to unlock bootloader and root tomorrow, thank you for the help!

Great job! I gave up on trying to get Fastboot to to work.

I'll archive the tool right here just in case the developer's site goes down. It's okay because it's Freeware. License screen cap attached, as well.

** If this helped you, then please Thanks this post so that it'll be easier for others to find **
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	license.png
Views:	696
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	4080820  
Attached Files
File Type: zip usbdeview-x64.zip - [Click for QR Code] (111.6 KB, 504 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Neo3D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neo3D Ad-Free
19th March 2017, 09:29 PM |#1011  
Flag भारत
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Awesome bro!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, driver, fast, fastboot, installer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)