[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aromig

If you're sure you won't want it later, you can uninstall via Titanium Backup. Freezing in TB would also work as another option to disabling in settings.

Sent via XDA Premium using my GS3 running PAC-Man Milestone RC1 with ThyrusHolo Black theme

Last edited:
Reactions: occtec

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Two problems noticed.
First one is calculator, which gives me wrong results (eg 600/9 its not 6.66) and
Second is that in keyboard the Greek "x" letter remains English "x" even after changing keyboard language to Greek.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376025186079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376025186079.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,113
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376025196122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376025196122.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 3,081
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376025207920.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376025207920.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,105
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376025220523.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376025220523.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 3,070
Reactions: kljoki

Holcomb227

Jun 6, 2013
Thank you PA team! Everything you guys touch is high quality.
Just a couple small issues, Play Books needs to be updated and Google Play Services is named GmsCore.apk. Google names it PrebuiltGmsCore.apk... so installing the current GApps package will not overwrite it. Maybe add PrebuiltGmsCore.apk to the delete part of your updater-script?

Reactions: TKruzze

rakmth

May 27, 2012
Mangalore
Two problems noticed.
First one is calculator, which gives me wrong results (eg 600/9 its not 6.66) and
Second is that in keyboard the Greek "x" letter remains English "x" even after changing keyboard language to Greek.

After 600÷9 scroll left to see another 6!
The answer is 66.666666•

Edit: change the size to 200 in hybrid

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
What's so special about the PA GApps?

main reason we are doing this is because we think gapps are as important as any rom. gapps you get on goo are weeks, months, sometimes half a year behind the curve. they waste space on your phone, a goo package that's complemented with missing apps will take 200mb or more off your phone. they come crippled and do not contain the same apps that are in stock, many of which simply can't be downloaded in non US countries. kind of makes it extremely hard for normal users to just use a rom, instead they are forced to look around on XDA for apk's and that defeats the purpose - roms shouldn't be for hackers.

this package will work for any rom

google apps are untouched and left stock. they are prioritized over their crippled aosp counterparts

this package gets updated quickly - you decide for yourself if you go along with that when updates come or just upgrade whenever you feel like.

Last edited:

aromig

main reason we are doing this is because we think gapps are as important as any rom. gapps you get on goo are weeks, months, sometimes half a year behind the curve. they waste space on your phone, a goo package that's complemented with missing apps will take 200mb or more off your phone. they come crippled and do not contain the same apps that are in stock, many of which simply can't be downloaded in non US countries. kind of makes it extremely hard for normal users to just use a rom, instead they are forced to look around on XDA for apk's and that defeats the purpose - roms shouldn't be for hackers.

this package will work for any rom

google apps are untouched and left stock. they are prioritized over their crippled aosp counterparts

this package gets updated quickly - you decide for yourself if you go along with that when updates come or just upgrade whenever you feel like.

And that's why you guys are awesome

Sent via XDA Premium using my Nexus 7

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
i prefer the aosp keyboard, if i delete latinimegoogleapk.apk out of the gapps.zip and reflash the rom will that work?

yes. the original aosp keyboard does not have gesture typing, though. from next version on we will enable that. you can also use cyanogens which is more powerful than the regular aosp ime.

TKruzze

i prefer the aosp keyboard, if i delete latinimegoogleapk.apk out of the gapps.zip and reflash the rom will that work?
Actually, this won't work. Since the install script also removes the AOSP keyboard, you'll probably be left with no keyboard if you do this.
You'd have to edit the install script and the GApps backup shell script, which makes this quite complicated.

Just out of curiosity, what is it you prefer about the AOSP keyboard?

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet

lord crapface

Jan 4, 2013
st helens
yes. the original aosp keyboard does not have gesture typing, though. from next version on we will enable that. you can also use cyanogens which is more powerful than the regular aosp ime.

Thanks, i found an apk for the 4.2.2 aosp keyboard, don't if it has changed at all since 4.3. figured this would be easier than reflashing stuff.
seems to be working ok apart from the gesture typing as you said. In the dropbox if anyone wants it. ill try and find the cm one and add that as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yuih9b2io0oumgk/HmzxWPyhga/keyboard

TKruzze

Thank you PA team! Everything you guys touch is high quality.
Just a couple small issues, Play Books needs to be updated and Google Play Services is named GmsCore.apk. Google names it PrebuiltGmsCore.apk... so installing the current GApps package will not overwrite it. Maybe add PrebuiltGmsCore.apk to the delete part of your updater-script?
Good point on the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk. I'll add it to the script.

lord crapface

Jan 4, 2013
st helens
Actually, this won't work. Since the install script also removes the AOSP keyboard, you'll probably be left with no keyboard if you do this.
You'd have to edit the install script and the GApps backup shell script, which makes this quite complicated.

Just out of curiosity, what is it you prefer about the AOSP keyboard?

Thanks, I found an apk for it, good job i didnt try and edit gapps myself i guess.
i have an underscore in my email address, with the aosp keyboard i can longpress "l". its a pain in arse to _ using the google one.

Reactions: teemo

TKruzze

Two problems noticed.
Calculator is not part of our GApps package. It's generally included with the ROM.

As to the Greek keyboard, I'm guessing the problem is on Google's end as we're using the app directly from the Play Store.

Raza Qadri

Jul 31, 2012
@TKruzze can you please add emoji keyboard.
I have to flash banks add on every time

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

TKruzze

Thanks, I found an apk for it, good job i didnt try and edit gapps myself i guess.
i have an underscore in my email address, with the aosp keyboard i can longpress "l". its a pain in arse to _ using the google one.
You might try adding the email address to your personal dictionary. This way it should pop up as a suggestion (maybe?). I use SwiftKey, so I'm not an expert.

You can also sideload the keyboard you found and if you like it, set it as your default. This way you won't have to make any changes after dirty flashing a new GApps or ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts