FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[6828 ROM] iPAQ rw6828 WM6.5.5 Build 23529 AND-2 Clean ROM DOWNLOAD LINK ADDED

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By AndyAdinda, Member on 26th February 2010, 06:58 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Ok, sorry to made everybody wait... now here's what I've had after my sleepless night.

HP iPAQ rw6828 WM6.5.5 Build 23529 AND-2 CLEAN

This ROM is fast and stable. I've tried to include M2D 2.0 in the ROM, the build still works great. Quite 'snappy' for me...

I will always made ROM with large Device Storage. Because this will increase our devices' speed and stability.

After the firstboot you'll have about 56 MB of Storage Memory and and at least 25MB of Device Memory. You'll know it when you try it...

I added almost all item from the original 23529 Build... but due to limited storage I removed some packages.
Removed:
- Microsoft MyPhone Console
- MMS
- Remote Desktop
- VOiP
- Welcome Center
Added:
- Registry tweaks for ClearType mode
- FdcSoft Task Manager - (forgot to remove... very useful for tweaking)

Known bugs...
1. Obex driver - unable to send file from the File Explorer
Solution just install 3rd party file management software. try, Resco Explorer, and you'll be able to send to other devices.
2. ddcam.exe - The image were mirrored.
This is the ddcam, not the main camera. The maincamera works very good.
3. If you open Pictures & Videos (pimg.exe), in the folder "\My Documents\My Pictures" you can see a camera icon. Normally, you can use the icon as a shortcut to the device's camera, but it seems not working here.

Quick upgrading guide.
1. Download the ROM file to your computer, and then extract diskimg.nb0 from the RAR file.
2. Copy diskimg.nb0 to miniSD (not larger than 1GB)
3. MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE HAD ENOUGH BATTERY. If you feel hesitant, just do all the next steps with the battery charger plugged in to your device.
4. Insert the miniSD to you device. And TURN ON YOUR DEVICE.
5. While the device is on, do this step. PRESS AND HOLD BOTH SOFTKEYS (button with (-) symbol, placed above the green/call key and red/end call key), and HIT THE RESET BUTTON with Stylus WHILE STILL HOLDING BOTH SOFTKEYS.
6. The next screen will be white, with HP logo at the center of your screen. The upgrade process has started. Wait about 12 (about 8 minutes for flash upgrade and 4 minutes for Cold Boot).
7. At the 8th minutes your device will be rebooted automatically. Wait again for 4 minutes for Cold Boot.
8. Align Screen, set the time, date, and localization... and finished.
9. Reset your device at least once.

And here's the ROM File...
http://www.mediafire.com/?kwzfwguizzo

I hope this ROM would be useful for you all....

Very big thanks to my sister Adinda, Ardhya, Da_G, helloworld1, and many others...

26th February 2010, 10:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
waiting for new ROM...
26th February 2010, 12:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool !
for this reason i am proud to be Indonesian !

keep good work man !
26th February 2010, 03:39 PM |#4  
Flag Jakarta - Bandung PP
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Please wait a while. I'm working on the Buetooth and camera drivers right now
27th February 2010, 07:11 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Update 27 Feb 2010 14:10
Bluetooth seems to work, the drivers are now running. But I haven't tried it yet. I have no other device to pair with...

Camera also working. But I use HP Photosmart, not Brogent... I'll do some other tests, first... then I'll upload it. Yea yea, I can't wait for it either....

It's 99,9% done

I'm a little confuse of which Microsoft application to add. The iPAQ 6828 storage is not that large... Any input...
We have, Office Mobile 2010 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint WorkSpace), MS Tag, Auto Data Config, the Widgets (money, weather, search widget).... etc.
Please help me to consider of which the one all 6828 friend will use the most....

Greetings...

Andy
27th February 2010, 08:29 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Bluetooth works. Succesfully paired to a Chinese phone.
Wifi just perfect. In fact, I posted this from my devece's Pocket IE. Connected to the Internet thru Magic's wifi tether.
GPRS etc, tested, OK.
I wanna test the Infra Red first, then change HP OEM icons.
28th February 2010, 10:05 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Update 28 Feb 2010 17:10
I've tested the bluetooth, it works ok for pairing. But still unable to send files. But I've other way to solve it. Just install 3rd party explorer such as Resco File Explorer, it will renew the OBEX driver. And You will be able to send files thru bluetooth.
Camera done, I'm using HP Photosmart Software. Previously the camera worked fine, but when I tried to capture video, the video was unsupported by the Win Media Player. I have also fixed this problem.

The ddcam capture were mirrored. I don't know how to solve this one... :)
Other software work flawlessly.
I'm doing my best... please be patient... :)
2nd March 2010, 07:27 AM |#8  

More
Nice to try right now
2nd March 2010, 10:21 PM |#9  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
so no MMS support in this rom ?
4th March 2010, 04:57 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Yes brother... I didn't add it.
do You Use MMS?? I can add it it if you want to
You can also install them separately. Try to search for ArcSoftMMS in this forum.
4th March 2010, 05:09 PM |#11  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAdinda

Yes brother... I didn't add it.
do You Use MMS?? I can add it it if you want to
You can also install them separately. Try to search for ArcSoftMMS in this forum.

Yes, I use MMS from time to time
That's what I did install it from cab..
Rom is working perfect so far, only bug I found is in my rw6815 menu Wireless LAN doesn't work from Settings menu in Comm Manager.

P.S. I think you can remove Microsoft Tag Reader and MSN Money instead of MMS since I don't think as many people used them as MMS function.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread