What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Search This thread

epicnoob66

Mar 1, 2012
I'm new to this so bare with me I recently rooted and am running cm9 beta3 and the reloaded update but right after the reloaded update I'm not able to access mass storage when conected to pc and on phone I get "unfortunately ui has stopped" any suggestions!

Re flash beta 3

Sent from my SPH-D700

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
I'm new to this so bare with me I recently rooted and am running cm9 beta3 and the reloaded update but right after the reloaded update I'm not able to access mass storage when conected to pc and on phone I get "unfortunately ui has stopped" any suggestions!

Don't use reloaded then. Run cm9 the way the devs built it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

kaotikevo

Jul 6, 2010
First off, I'd like to thank the awesome CM9 team. I appreciate what you guys have done for our phones. It's great to have new life breathed into our aged device. Now on to my gripes!

Firstly, I think the phone takes too long to charge under CM9 and the battery is depleted rather fast when on standby mode! That's a pretty big issue for those of us that rely heavily on our phones. I'm hoping better battery performance is on the fix list, if possible.

Also, a minor gripe I have with CM9 is the auto-flash not working well, and there's also no confirmation when focused like the TW camera app. There's a red square instead of a green one and no beep to confirm focus. These are pet peeves, but other than the aforementioned "issues", I think CM9 is awesome. Thank you guys, and keep up the good work!

bilyhoe

Jan 8, 2012
Hey if you can get the torch to work with instant heart rate I would use it ever day but I need the camera flash to come on to check it just so you know thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Nothing :) the only things I miss are the camera quality and some of the TW apps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452004

Hey if you can get the torch to work with instant heart rate I would use it ever day but I need the camera flash to come on to check it just so you know thanks

Use a 3rd party flashlight app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight

Reactions: dohturdima

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
I just flashed cm9 and after almost getting it customized to how I like I went back to my cm7 backup. Idk why I don't want to use it. I just feel like tw or cm7 are better or more complete. If I'm told I'm wrong then I may actuall give it a try that's how I started using cm7. Also I see no real difference between cm7 and cm9. And I like the music button on the lock screen of cm7. Haven't really seen anything extra in cm9 that isn't in cm7 or tw.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I just flashed cm9 and after almost getting it customized to how I like I went back to my cm7 backup. Idk why I don't want to use it. I just feel like tw or cm7 are better or more complete. If I'm told I'm wrong then I may actuall give it a try that's how I started using cm7. Also I see no real difference between cm7 and cm9. And I like the music button on the lock screen of cm7. Haven't really seen anything extra in cm9 that isn't in cm7 or tw.

To be honest you could go back to froyo and it would work just as good as gingerbread and ICS. It has almost all the same features, its the fact that its the latest android as well as its newer UI that attracts people. I am the exact opposite. I flashed back to CM7 one day... was back immediately because I couldn't stand it. Its like choosing between XP and Win7 they both function and have almost the same features but, honestly wouldn't you rather have Win7 ?

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Sesquipedalian

Apr 23, 2007
Nashville, TN
While this isn't a specific issue that can be easily fixed, I had shorter battery life with CM9. I liked it, but it didn't offer enough extra functionality over FC09 to deal with the lower battery life.

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
To be honest you could go back to froyo and it would work just as good as gingerbread and ICS. It has almost all the same features, its the fact that its the latest android as well as its newer UI that attracts people. I am the exact opposite. I flashed back to CM7 one day... was back immediately because I couldn't stand it. Its like choosing between XP and Win7 they both function and have almost the same features but, honestly wouldn't you rather have Win7 ?

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Lol you are right. I see the biggest difference (and the only one to me) is the way things look. But there is just a few differences from ROM to ROM, for example the music buttons on the lock screen of CM7 lol. That's what always gets me going back. But I probably will go to cm9 or aokp one day. Not now though lol.

ratsttam

Jul 7, 2011
The ONE thing that is keeping me from using CM9/AOKP is MISSED Calls. I would say about 1/3 of my calls won't even show up on the phone. My wife calls me at pretty regular intervals. I'll start thinking it's odd that she hasn't called, and all of a sudden GV pops up that I have a voice mail.

I'm a pretty "regular" guy, and my wife's last break at work is the same time every day, so I'm 90% of the time, in the same room. I know it's not an issue with the phone not coming out of deep sleep, since it would be awake while I'm reading the news or playing a game. It's not that the data is being tied up preventing the call from coming through, since I have tried to disable 3g, and run wifi only while at home.

This has been an issue for me on ALL ICS based roms, all versions of CM9 so far.

Things I have done to prevent it.
Full ODIN wipe to stock. Odin CWM, and immediately installed CM9 (Same steps were taken with each of the beta versions, as well as a couple of the AOKP builds although I don't recall which ones).

Installed GApps, and installed ONLY may necessary apps (google voice, G+, Capital One, OneNote, flashlight widget).

Reactions: Blankrubber

davedsbca

Mar 19, 2006
bluetooth issues

What's stopping me from using CM9 as a daily is the bluetooth problems. When the phone is sleeping, it doesn't respond to activity from bluetooth devices. This isn't a problem on GB ROMs.

I need to be able to leave the house with my Epic in my pocket, hop in my car, and have my handsfree speakerphone connect up without having to dig the phone out of my pocket and power it on first.

It's been logged as issue #332 on the Epic CM issue tracker, and recently got a bump from 'New' to 'Accepted', but unfortunately is still 'Low' priority.

rprockey

Jul 23, 2008
Right now I'm at 12hrs, 1 1/2hr of calls, 1hr 45mins screen on, plenty of web and tapatalk browsing, and at 50%. Also, whatever was draining extra battery on standby seems to have vanished with the recent builds.

Zeinzu's similar remarks in another thread inspired me to do a clean install of nightly 6/18. I didn't get the battery performance he has, I'm still only getting 12-14 hours on a 1800mAh batt. I'm not discrediting Zeinzu, I'm just just reminding everyone that ymmv.

I've been using CM9 since it posted, went back to TW for a week and now I won't look back again. Despite the slightly poorer performance and battery life, it's a joy to use.

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
43cdfdeb-e1e9-3eea.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.
    Punctuation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 4.0.4

Don't use reloaded then. Run cm9 the way the devs built it.

Oh and Marcus you owe me a TWNyan.
    Me takes you into the android police for bribing an officer(Mod).
    You have the right to silence your phone, anything you type or code will be used against you in a court of technology, you have the superuser right to have a...... U get the joke tried to do all the miranda rights but its not that funny.

Shoulda said "Anything you type or code will be used in open source.".

Lol.