Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Set to Receive an Update

Search This thread

hinds90

Feb 23, 2011
I'm rooted on clean rom. The update will download and reboot to recovery but doesn't automatically update like last time. Do I manually do it. In SU I disable root and click survival mode.

borisshnitkin

Jun 18, 2010
since my area doesnt have the strongest AWS signal and i was able to turn off B4 in the service menu even after getting the update, just wanted to let people know. I know that if the signal is not as strong as before the update the battery life would drain more so i decided to disable.

EDIT>> after rebooting my phone like it said to so the B4 setting is disabled it turned back on by it self.

Last edited:

mikeeeyyy

Nov 23, 2010
I am experiencing worse signal 4g reception after update. I work in an area that is on the edge for receiving 4g reception. Before the update I was getting 4g at work with around 4 to 8 mbps download speeds. After the update I rarely get 4g and when I do l only get 0.9 to 2 mbps download speed. Is there any way to flash the previous modem?

I figured I would do an update: Thanks to DutchDogg54 I was able to flash back to MJ7 modem. It had no effect. I might as well go back to MJE. I'm thinking Verizon's signal in my area is degrading. I read an article saying that in my town they sold some of their 700 mhz spectrum to AT&T, maybe this is the fall out for that. I was getting poor reception right before the update, but I was blaming that on the week long winter storm we had. I also checked signal and speed on my wife's S3 and it was also much lower than normal. We do have unlimited data plans, maybe were being throttled? I'm hoping thats not the case. Keeping my fingers crossed that they got rid of some of their spectrum because they are getting ready to turn on AWS.

EvoXR1

Sep 9, 2012
Is there anyway to not install the update at all? and just get rid of the update message? from what i've read i have no interest in upgrading. im currently rooted running stock on the mj7 with safestrap installed, nothing is frozen or anything. just want to get rid of this pop up about the upgrade. really enjoying phone as is.

This... I'm not rooted at all but I don't want to lose the ability to use foxfi..
I just want the notification gone

monkey10120

Jun 13, 2011
This update sounds pointless. Other than features that 1% of people will actually notice it would just be a headache to make sure I don't lose root.
Is there a way to hide the update on the status bar by chance?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    working on flashable version of mje stock root should have it up soon :)
    How were you able to get Triangle Away to get rid of the "Custom" at the bootloader screen? I've got it installed and it shows Current Status as:

Code:
    Counter: 0
    Binary: Official
    Device: SM-N900V
    System: Modified

I tried turning on the "System modified workaround", but that didn't change anything for me. :(
    Right underneath that status, there's a "Flash reset counter"
    Just click it, accept the warning... etc. Then reboot.
    Worked for me.
    Just did the OTA update. Checked save root on super user. Everything went good and still have root.

I pulled the update.zip and stuck it my Dropbox if anyone wants it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8119920/12-10-13-N3_update.zip
    Just throwing this out there because there's bound to be one of you to take the update and lose root. Don't do it till someone has a root method if one is needed. But this should be common sense.