[Q] Nexus 10 back to modified stock?

Search This thread

gratefuldroid

Dec 16, 2013
N10, rooted (supersu), unlocked bootloader, TWRP Touch recovery v2.6.3.1, Omnirom 4.4.2, Franco Kernel R16, ART.

I been flashing a lot, tried many roms... Now looking to go back to stock, but still want to use TWRP, and FK. I'm torn between using xposed (for AppOps and other cherrypicked mods) and Dalvik, or no xposed and ART...

My Question is, what is the best way to get back to stock 4.4.2 KOT49H, while keeping root and custom recovery. Do I need to sideload the factory image, re-root, and re-install custom recovery? Ideally I'm looking for a zip I can just flash along with supersu while keeping the custom recovery. I've looked for a zip file for pure aosp, but all I am finding is the sideload files from google's git, or "pure" AOSP roms with mods....

Also, I feel silly asking this because it seems pretty basic and I probably should already know at this point... The bootloader needs to stay unlocked once a custom recovery is installed, or should I be re-locking? I have been leaving it unlocked, for fear of bricking (aware bricking is not a huge deal with Nexus) but as I understand it, there are security concerns leaving the BL unlocked. Or am I way off base here?

TIA

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Not much for security concerns, at least not for me. I personally always keep bootloader unlocked
As for keeping things similar but going back to stock +rooted, I would do this
Download factory image (just Google search: android factory image and grab appropriate one)
Unpack all on pc
Then boot to recovery, make a nandroid and then move all wanted files to PC (next steps involve some data loss)
Boot to bootloader
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Now boot to recovery and should have an option to flash su, if not sideload a su.zip here
Now reboot, you will be stock kernel and ROM, and will be rooted and have same recovery as before
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app