[Q] Help.. Bricked HTC Desire 700/7060.. no other threads about this

Search This thread

Bugz!

Oct 5, 2012
HTC Desire 700/7060 dual sim

It was bricked after an attempt to root it (not sure what tool was used.. I wasn't the one trying to root) and got stuck in a bootloop, which ends with a pop-up question saying System *then chinese sentence* and 2 options to choose from (both in chinese too.. what's the deal with that?? ) .. and no matter what I choose it just goes into a black screen and gets stuck there.

I was able to unlock the bootloader using Fastboot, but not able to flash system.img
first it said not enough space , now it says it could not allocate *number* bytes

When trying to "fastboot erase /system" it says FAILED: remote: not allowed
same thing for erase /userdata /cache or any other partition

I tried to flash a stock recovery, finished successfully but doesn't boot into recovery, it just hangs on the screen of a device with the red attention triangle.

I have S-ON .. couldn't find any tutorial on how to S-OFF this device

it's a pretty much "left-behind" device .. there are no posts of it , no official ROMs , no custom recoveries , no RUUs , nothing.

any help would be appreciated .. I've been up all night trying to get it to work and I only got as far as unlocking the bootloader *crappy work I know*

Here's my bootloader screen

*** UNLOCKED ***
CP5DUG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-0.31.0000
OS-1.80.708.0
eMMC-boot 1024MB
secure boot: disabled

any additional information needed just ask me .. I couldn't think of anything else

Thnx in advance :) :)