UrukDroid (Android) - developers ONLY thread

Search This thread

FrEcP

Jul 29, 2006
hi guys,
got 2 problems in 1.5 final:
1. Can't start swap service - get an error like "can't run script" - will edit as soon as im sure what message it was.
2. My Keyborad sometime dissapreas while typing... dunno if its affected by ud 1.5 (don't think so but who knows...)

Any solutions?

regards
FrEcP
Thanks guys:
1. was: had 2 low space for swap - so i had 2 set it up with lower MB count - ty sauron for the "manual" trick
2. was: The keyboard problem is the system closing the virtual keyboard, so try closing some more apps. <- works with swap - i really need to check all those services ;)

blawoef

Jul 6, 2011
$auron, I still have not been able to track down the Cpugovernor behavior. As you say, there must be something in the system setting back max freq to 1000000 after the UD cpuovernor service has set it to 1100000 in accordance with my override.

This morning I tested again: if I manually restart Cpugovernor, the setting is 1100000 as shown by stats. After working a while, stats show 1000000 as max again...

sibere

Retired Recognized Developer
May 14, 2006
Paris
$auron, I still have not been able to track down the Cpugovernor behavior. As you say, there must be something in the system setting back max freq to 1000000 after the UD cpuovernor service has set it to 1100000 in accordance with my override.

This morning I tested again: if I manually restart Cpugovernor, the setting is 1100000 as shown by stats. After working a while, stats show 1000000 as max again...

Make sure that urukconfig is not also running in the background. I'm suspercting a link between this app and the strange behaviour, eventhough it never happened with UD1.0 or 1.1.

alex2308

Jul 8, 2008
Can we not set up donations so that he can buy an A70 or sth to develop on? I will gladly chip in with $10 or €10! If I look at the download stats for UD which $auron posted, we should be easily available to reach the necessary amount with about 25 users or so??

You can get used one's at ~150€ in Ebay Germany. I'd be in for a donation :)

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris
@$aur0n

Have you patched something in the kernel regarding the battery meter or is it something "new" with the latest firmware?

I'm asking because the battery meter drops immediately and quickly after unplugging the charger. And on top of that, I recently booted back to stock. On stock, battery was reporting 100%. I had, just before rebooting, 94% with Uruk. I immediately rebooted to uruk to compare and I was having 94% again. Rebooted to stock again and ... 100% !

How come?

Last edited:

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
@$aur0n

Have you patched something in the kernel regarding the battery meter or is it something "new" with the latest firmware?

I'm asking because the battery meter drops immediately and quickly after unplugging the charger. And on top on that, I recently booted back to stock. On stock, battery was reporting 100%. I had, just before rebooting, 94% with Uruk. I immediately rebooted to uruk to compare and I was having 94% again. Rebooted to stock again and ... 100% !

How come?

This is something not in kernel but powerd and/or android framework - since this parts are from 2.3.81 - they have changed between 1.0 and 1.5.

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris
This is something not in kernel but powerd and/or android framework - since this parts are from 2.3.81 - they have changed between 1.0 and 1.5.

I was suspecting something like this.
Well, I personally prefer the previous version ;)
Maybe it's a good idea to wipe-out batt stats to reflect the changes.

Thanks for the quick reply.

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
Wow, new fw!! If it's good, I hope $auron can again incorporate it into UD... but I know he has to RMA his device...

Can we not set up donations so that he can buy an A70 or sth to develop on? I will gladly chip in with $10 or €10! If I look at the download stats for UD which $auron posted, we should be easily available to reach the necessary amount with about 25 users or so??

Thank you for your initiative, I really appreciate it.
But I've already (before release of 1.0 ;) ) had some beer money from you and It's all I could ever expect.

LeoNg628

Dec 2, 2009
I've upgraded to 1.5 from 1.5b2 and applied the OC patch.
but everytime I open market and download somethings (more than 3), the market will FC and reboot...

also when I open wifi, my device seems very laggy...then reboot..
I think wifi still is the bootkiller...

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
sibere - where is the thread about creating "smaller" buttons in framework-res? Obviously just resizing image does not work (I started to like the idea with button savior - but drop down menu buttons (if small enough) would be ok also..)

JasonOT

Nov 9, 2007
It's happened pretty much any time I've left it to sit for a while (an hour or two?), so it's happened a few times since installing RC1.

For some reason it seems like if I leave it idle while plugged in to wall power, the wifi won't die.

I'm downloading the upgrade package you just posted a few hours ago, I'll report back after it's installed.

edit: Install went fine. Used it for a bit, Market and GMail started FCing constantly, rebooted, stuck at "UrukDroid 1.5 Boot: Switching to rootfs..." :mad:

edit 2: reinstalled seems to be more stable, but wifi still won't reenable if it sits for too long

So this is still happening with UD 1.5 (15.08.2011).

If it sits unplugged for a long period of time, I will lose the connection to my router. Wifi is shown as still being turned on, but I get a connection error with every attempt to connect. If I turn wifi off and try to turn it back on, it cannot turn on.

Any ideas?

JasonOT

Nov 9, 2007
sibere - where is the thread about creating "smaller" buttons in framework-res? Obviously just resizing image does not work (I started to like the idea with button savior - but drop down menu buttons (if small enough) would be ok also..)

How hard would it be to move the buttons & shade to the bottom?

I know someone started doing it for the Nook release of CM7, but AFAIK it's been abandoned.

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
So this is still happening with UD 1.5 (15.08.2011).

If it sits unplugged for a long period of time, I will lose the connection to my router. Wifi is shown as still being turned on, but I get a connection error with every attempt to connect. If I turn wifi off and try to turn it back on, it cannot turn on.

Any ideas?

It NEVER happend to me (and I hibernate Archos all the time). The only WiFi issue I know (in 1.5) is that it sometimes fails to start, reboot fix it (I can't debug it without usb :/ ).

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris

What's the f*** I can't find the thread any more. All I have is this thread

I'll have a look again at the other threads and edit this post if I find it.

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris
Yes just found it too.
All credits to Fisha21 for his thread where I got the framework. He has posted a few different ones, maybe you could PM him.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is 1.6RC1

This package will also update kernel/initramfs and reboot. It will update apps in /system/app (so if you removed some of them - you may need to do it again). It may show startup configuration wizard - but only to confirm existing configuration.

http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.6/UrukDroid-1.6RC1-update.tbz2

After update - device will reboot itself.

ps. So far UrukDroid 1.5 installation package was downloaded 32593 times :)
    picture.php

This thread is created for developers and developing of UrukDroid ONLY.
    UrukDroid is alternative Android distribution, based on original Archos OS for Archos GEN8 tablets.

Please do not write here questions about installing UrukDroid on tablet - you can do it in default post - here.

All post violating above rule will be deleted.

This thread is created for:
    • manage people and dividing work
    • plan new releases
    • plan new features
    • help between developers
    • gain knowledge, materials
    • feature proposals by users

Things we are currently working on:
    • Sauron: memory I/O tuning
    • cheefy: backup script
    • Sauron: upgrade/install scripts
    • chulri: dvb support

What informations are we looking for:
    • How to prevent Android from going sleep on system level?
    • Format of bootlogo and initlogo.rle on Gen8 (we are aware of rgb2565 converter etc., but with no luck on Archos yet - I've tried different bit settings 4/8/16/24 and resolutions 200x480, 800x480 - Sauron)

Repository for binary and source releases is currently available here.
    UrukDroid 1.5B2

Hi,

Uruk 1.5 beta 2
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.5/UrukDroid-1.5B2-upgrade.tbz2
    130MB f5fc62f433324f3baf51e000f4b187e2 UrukDroid-1.5B2-upgrade.tbz2

Upgrade (so will erase probably some settings - just like before)
    - recompiled all modules (missing in beta1) for 3g/ethernet tethering and dvb drivers (but I will abandon all non standard dvb cards - too much work )
    - added (again) adhoc wifi support
    - moved libc to 2.13 (and all binaries)
    - configuration and services fixes, changes etc - fixed cifs modules loading

I've added message during upgrade process if it fails (so perhaps we will know why it failed to erase file on your devices - read messages during process)
    Early Uruk 1.5beta1

Here is early 1.5 (beta1) - please don't use it if you are not confident in your skills (reverting back to 1.1/1.0 is possible - but annoying).
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.5/UrukDroid-1.5B1-upgrade.tbz2

It will work as an upgrade of Uruk 1.0, but it's recommended to do it on 1.1 (because you can do full backup in RescueMenu).
    Please copy upgrade file to /data/UrukUpdate and read messages (Uruk 1.1) - device should reboot itself.

It should upgrade like every Uruk but it's NOT tested (upgrade process) so I advice to do rootfs backup (Uruk 1.1 ResceuMenu). Kernel from 1.5 WON'T work with any previous release - so after upgrade it won't be able to boot 1.1.
    This release has probably not working dvb/3g support - but it may work (simply not tested) - it's quite important for me to report what else is missing.

If you want revert back to 1.1 you should flash (from Archos BootMenu) 1.1 kernel/initramfs (http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/) and do rootfs restore from Uruk RescuMenu.

That's probably it :) Good Luck

btw. If you had Uruk market installed, after upgrade it will be gone (there will be icons left) - I recommend to use Arctool to install market (it has newer one and with it's certificates there is no wifi location problem).
    UrukDroid 1.1RC2

1.1RC2 with 2.3.81 changes, some kernel module changes (will see if it still do "soft reboot")
    If anyone knows sure method to trigger "soft reboot" - please let me know...
    First update kernel (/data/UrukUpdate)
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/UrukDroid-1.1RC2-kernel.tbz2
    Then update file
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/UrukDroid-1.1RC2-update-rc.tbz2

With some new changes in rescue menu I've added software way to disable SDCard Uruk boot: You can dissable boot from SDCard by naming any of it's partition "noboot" ('root@urukdroid:/root# e2label /dev/block/mmcblk2p1 noboot')
    It's usefull if you have Uruk on both sdcard and internal, and you don't want to remove card every time you want to boot internal (I use sdcard as live backup only now)