[HOW-TO]UNLOCK bootloader for X10

Search This thread

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Success! I uninstalled/reinstalled Flashtool, restored my ROM backup, and was able to downgrade and try again. This time everything went without a hitch and I got DoomKernel installed.

FWIW, I tried Plugins > Unlock bootloader in FlashTool first and got "Warn: Canceled."

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Excuse me, it's not against you personally, but is nobody here able to read?! I have written into the first line of the thread, that you should use flashtool for unlocking the bootloader now, because normally if you have unlocked the bl you are going to flash a new rom. So, why are there many people who don't care that line??
I'm a bit confused.

L

hovensy

Jan 22, 2009
Caloocan
As Taosaur said... flashtool gives Warn: cancelled result that' s why we tried old method.. I tried and failed and needed a jtag to restore my phone.. Im not sure what happened as it shows success but it died afterwards

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Excuse me, it's not against you personally, but is nobody here able to read?! I have written into the first line of the thread, that you should use flashtool for unlocking the bootloader now, because normally if you have unlocked the bl you are going to flash a new rom. So, why are there many people who don't care that line??
I'm a bit confused.

L

Many people are reporting no joy with flashtool. I forget if it was the flashtool thread or a different one, but on one thread half the last page was people saying "The flashtool, it does nussing!" So, I tried your old method first, but when I did get my phone straightened out and attempted the flashtool plugin, it did squat and I had to go back to your method.

Thanks for putting the guide together. It's a real scavenger hunt tracking down all the files now, though, thanks to my government breaking the internet with the whole Megaupload thing :mad: I don't even know where I would have found Azuzu's files if I didn't still have them in a dark corner of my hard drive from rooting.

hakkai999

Jun 25, 2010
Mandaue
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Tried following the steps up to opening the batch file. It opens the cmd window but it just closes after I press a key. Whats up with that?

Tried using flashtool FYI Warn: Cancelled everytime.

Edit 2: Plugin menu disappeared. IDK wtf happened.

Now it only shows to small squares when I click the plugin menu :confused:

Edit 3: Now phone wont stay on flash mode anymore. *sigh*

Edit 4: I dont know what to do anymore /wrist plus no one's online that can help

Edit 5: I flashed azuzu's upgrade. Now it boots and Im not doing anything until someone can help with me with this :(

Last Edit: Im now 100% frustrated. If anyone is online and is reading this please add me up in yahoo messenger and if you have a kind heart enough to help me :(

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Tried following the steps up to opening the batch file. It opens the cmd window but it just closes after I press a key. Whats up with that?

Tried using flashtool FYI Warn: Cancelled everytime.

Edit 2: Plugin menu disappeared. IDK wtf happened.

Now it only shows to small squares when I click the plugin menu :confused:

Edit 3: Now phone wont stay on flash mode anymore. *sigh*

Edit 4: I dont know what to do anymore /wrist plus no one's online that can help

Edit 5: I flashed azuzu's upgrade. Now it boots and Im not doing anything until someone can help with me with this :(

Last Edit: Im now 100% frustrated. If anyone is online and is reading this please add me up in yahoo messenger and if you have a kind heart enough to help me :( alvinjose_gaquit4@yahoo.com

I haven't yahoo messenger, but if I understood all your edits correct, you have now a running stock system, correct?

Then please have a look with s1tools on your bootloader and post the output marked as code here. Then I can tell you if you have unlocked the bootloader yet or not.

L

hakkai999

Jun 25, 2010
Mandaue
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I haven't yahoo messenger, but if I understood all your edits correct, you have now a running stock system, correct?

Then please have a look with s1tools on your bootloader and post the output marked as code here. Then I can tell you if you have unlocked the bootloader yet or not.

L

Actually I reflashed DonutHD.

Can you please point me to the thread where it has the 2.3.3 flash for flashtools? I only saw the 2.1.

EDIT: YES! Finally. Im now using M&M MUI and their custom kernel.

Last edited:

varsas

Oct 24, 2011
For testing if you are ready for unlocking bootloader or not, use this tool:

s1tool.7z

If you can find semc simlock certificate in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *semc.bat file
If you can find anything with setool2 in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *setool2.bat file
If you can't find any of these two and see instead s.th. like unknown simlock certificate or similar, you can not unlock your bl. In this case, first simunlock your bl with setool2, then check again with s1tool.

s1tool can also relock your bl if you want to make use of your warranty.

Regards,

L

My sim was unlocked by a shop and the s1tool states it can not determine the certificate so I guess I should try setool2 but it looks like a smartcard i.e. special equipment is required?

EDIT: Assuming that I am stuck and can not do anything about unlocking the bootloader, are there locked bootloader CM7 or CM9 roms? I had a quick look at the main ones seem to need the unlock...

Last edited:

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Reactions: varsas

IROC_69

May 13, 2011
have done everything dont know what button to press to get into the recovery :/ doomlord kernel

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
have done everything dont know what button to press to get into the recovery :/ doomlord kernel

Basically any of them; DK comes with 3-4 recoveries. Menu or back should get you xRecovery, volume down should get you Doomlord's touch recovery (which is mostly less usable than the non-touch ones, IMO) and CWM is in there somewhere. You'll see the Doomkernel splash screen, then the device will buzz and the LED will go blue, and that's when you start hitting your button. I never tried to get a boot menu on Doomkernel, but on kCernel alternating between back and volume down got me Doom's boot menu with all the recoveries listed.

danielk0302

Sep 9, 2010
Just updated FlashTool to 0.8.6, plugged phone in but there are no plug ins available it says...so what now :$
This is before iv flashed back to stock 2.3.3 so are they ment to show up after im back on stock? or is there something iv done wrong? Tah for any help

icbless

Dec 3, 2010
HELP!! =(

anyone can help me with my problem?

I have already unlock my bootloader ( god knows how i do it )
recently i have a problem ( NO SIM-CARD FOUND ) Just by flashing a ROM. (impossible right?)
i have been flashing/changing from ROM to ROM. ( no problem ) until now.

So i have restore my bootloader. so that i can unlock it again. now my bootloader is lock.

but the unlocking part. i face this problem, (attachment)
i have this problem before when i first unlock my bootloader ( LONG TIME AGO )
and i forget how i solve this problem.

so anyone know how? - latest flashtool does not work too. that why i doing the old way.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 43
???

anyone can help me with my problem?

I have already unlock my bootloader ( god knows how i do it )
recently i have a problem ( NO SIM-CARD FOUND ) Just by flashing a ROM. (impossible right?)
i have been flashing/changing from ROM to ROM. ( no problem ) until now.
It's not impossible, because some Unlocked bootloader ROMs still haven't fix sim pin unlock screen (means you only can use the ROM to call/messaging/data networking with SimCard with no unlock pin number)

So i have restore my bootloader. so that i can unlock it again. now my bootloader is lock.

but the unlocking part. i face this problem, (attachment)
i have this problem before when i first unlock my bootloader ( LONG TIME AGO )
and i forget how i solve this problem.

so anyone know how? - latest flashtool does not work too. that why i doing the old way.

Which Unlock Bootloader kernel And ROM you used after Unlocking Bootloader? And what ROM you using before relocking it back? Relocking is simple, but back to its functioning steps to get your X10 works, differ due to which ROM/kernel you used.

Whitefang

Reactions: icbless

icbless

Dec 3, 2010
It's not impossible, because some Unlocked bootloader ROMs still haven't fix sim pin unlock screen (means you only can use the ROM to call/messaging/data networking with SimCard with no unlock pin number)

Which Unlock Bootloader kernel And ROM you used after Unlocking Bootloader? And what ROM you using before relocking it back? Relocking is simple, but back to its functioning steps to get your X10 works, differ due to which ROM/kernel you used.

Whitefang

i was on oodie ROM, i flash to CosmicUI ( to try out ), got everything FC when start up, sim-card unavailable.
so i flash back to oodie ROM, but sim-card still unavailable.
i flash back to stock rom, sim-card still unavailable

i was on [X10_MiUi Prime_OKernel THmod V3 kernel]. then to try CosmicUI i flash to [CosmicUI-kernel-kCernel_v01]

now i on STOCK ROM, with LOCK BL. no sim-card found.

now i want to unlock my boot loader and see if sim card works, but i getting this ( attachment from prevision comment ) is a common problem, happen to me last time, but i somehow figure it out. but now i am hopelessly stuck =p

EDIT, My bootloader is already unlock? but still sim-card not found?

using S1 Tool,

Running S1_EROM VER "r8A033"
Welcome to S1 tool.

TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Xperia Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Xperia Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW

RUNNING S1_EROM VER "r8A033"
SOFTWARE AID: 0001
LOADER AID: 0001
FLASH ID: "002C/00B3"
LOADER VERSION: "r4A024"

is r8A033 and loader version different that why sim-card not found?

Last edited:
i was on oodie ROM, i flash to CosmicUI ( to try out ), got everything FC when start up, sim-card unavailable.
so i flash back to oodie ROM, but sim-card still unavailable.
i flash back to stock rom, sim-card still unavailable

i was on [X10_MiUi Prime_OKernel THmod V3 kernel]. then to try CosmicUI i flash to [CosmicUI-kernel-kCernel_v01]

now i on STOCK ROM, with LOCK BL. no sim-card found.

now i want to unlock my boot loader and see if sim card works, but i getting this ( attachment from prevision comment ) is a common problem, happen to me last time, but i somehow figure it out. but now i am hopelessly stuck =p

Actually, to be honest. Simcard unlock nothing related to locked or unlock bootloader. Separated matters. Its unlocking purpose is to allow phone to install custom kernels and install custom ROMS and overwrite stock kernel (when everytime you see Sony Ericsson logo after you power on your phone) because stock kernel has limitations, so if want to achieve certain higher software version, have to used customised kernel for remove those limitations.

EDIT, My bootloader is already unlock? but still sim-card not found?

using S1 Tool,

Running S1_EROM VER "r8A033"
Welcome to S1 tool.

TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Xperia Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Xperia Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW

RUNNING S1_EROM VER "r8A033"
SOFTWARE AID: 0001
LOADER AID: 0001
FLASH ID: "002C/00B3"
LOADER VERSION: "r4A024"

is r8A033 and loader version different that why sim-card not found?

In loader version, r means unlocked, R means locked. Seems losing software version info if not mistaken: world something numbers... And, Did you see any SIMlock certificate after result in S1tool? Like SEMC or SETOOL2? If no simlock found, probably thats the cause of error of unlocking and relocking back, and also simcard not found cos lost simlock data...

Another: what can you see after powered on your x10? Got recovery? Or Blackscreen? And, did you backed up some locked roms in xrecovery? If there are, might can figure something out.

Last edited:

icbless

Dec 3, 2010
just a quick question about no sim-found problem.

no..when i power on my phone..EVERYTHING IS FINE!!! just that they say, no sim-card, please insert one and restart your phone. thats all.

i try different sim-card
i put different sim in my phone and it works.
i put my sim in my phone = does not work

i put my sin in diff phone = work
so is it my phone problem? like boot loader..

is my phone rejecting my ONLY sim-card?! what is going on. =p

Last edited:
Maybe these?

just a quick question about no sim-found problem.

no..when i power on my phone..EVERYTHING IS FINE!!! just that they say, no sim-card, please insert one and restart your phone. thats all.

i try different sim-card
i put different sim in my phone and it works.
i put my sim in my phone = does not work

i put my sin in diff phone = work
so is it my phone problem? like boot loader..

is my phone rejecting my ONLY sim-card?! what is going on. =p

I came with few possible causes:
1)Probably the ROM/phone don't recognise your Simcard's GSM Carrier anymore. Most common if sim works in other phones but not in your phone. Certain Customised ROM or unlocking procedures might overwrite your Phone's data that recognises your SimCard's GSM network. Once it's been modified/overwritten/deleted, the phone may/will not recognise your SIMCard and cannot connect to network Anymore. Rumors said can be fixed if asking your country phone provider to fix that by reinstalling software/scripts/updates..I'm not sure because my X10 worked Well.
2)Is your SimCard has Pin-password protected while other SIM cards you said have no pin password? Probably ROM can't detect pin-locked simcard.. ;)
3)Simcard slot Cannot read your sim card data. Try take it off and use eraser to rub the chip section on simcard and reinsert it. See whether it works or not. :) This possibility might be tiny chance since other phone recognise your SimCard
4)Worst case you might need to use other sim card i'm afraid. :p

Probably reason (1) most explainable.
Hope helps.
whitefang

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you aren't keeping your current device configuration (because of flashing another rom after unlocking bootloader or anything else) the simplest way to unlock is to flash stock 2.3.3 rom, root it and use the bl unlock plugin from latest flashtool

Hi guys, cause it was asked for, here is a how-to to unlock bootloader without reflashing a 2.1 firmware what means no need of reinstall your current rom after unlocking bootloader.

In the archive with the unlocking files take care about the following:

the semc bat is for x10i and x10a. But only if you haven't tried any simunlocking

the setool2 bat is for all those have simunlocked using the setool2

if you don't know it, or not sure about, have a look at the 2nd post, there you'll find a tool to test it.

for those doesn't fit any of those two critericas, don't try to unlock bootloader with this steps/files linked here

Things you need:

If you haven't all the listed things on your computer, then first downoad all neccessary files I have listed above before you go on with the guide how-to do it!!

Please make sure you have enabled usb-debugging in your current rom before starting with this!!

• flash the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
    • disconnect usb cable, press power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connect the usb cable again (it is supposed to be stuck at SE logo)
    • start the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts, it won't start unlocking until you press any button
    • now wait until flashtool recognizes your x10 (if flashtool doesn't do anything, check third post please! thx)
    • close flashtool and then press any button in the cmd window that the unlocking process starts (please close flashtool, instead the bl unlock cmd and flashtool are constantly killing and restarting adb!!)
    • after unlocking is finish you have to flash azuzu kernel upgrade
    • now power on phone to check if the phone is starting after the unlock (if you are using a custom kernel yet with the bypass method and get stuck in a bootloop enter xrecovery and clear dalvik-cache, then your phone should boot up again fine)

If you aren't seeing the se logo at turning on phone, but directly the custom kernel logo, you were succesfully. If you want to enter xrecovery you have to spam the back button now if the xperia logo appears instead of the se logo.

Credits:
    • the_laser - for the bootloader unlock files
    • azuzu - for Kernel up- and downgrade
    • whitefang3456 - for helping others with their problems

Regards,

L
    TOOLS

For testing if you are ready for unlocking bootloader or not, use this tool:

s1tool.7z

If you can find semc simlock certificate in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *semc.bat file
    If you can find anything with setool2 in one of the last lines from the output, you can unlock your bl with the *setool2.bat file
    If you can't find any of these two and see instead s.th. like unknown simlock certificate or similar, you can not unlock your bl. In this case, first simunlock your bl with setool2, then check again with s1tool.

s1tool can also relock your bl if you want to make use of your warranty.

Regards,

L
    I did it this way and it was a HUGE success!! :D :)
    To sum up, this is exactly what I did:
    1. Flashed Kernel Downgrade in FlashTool
    2. Disconnected the phone, left FlashTool running.
    3. Ran the unlock cmd.
    4. Pushed Power Button, when I felt the vibration, I immediately connected to USB.
    5. At this point phone was of course stuck at SE bootlogo (2.1 kernel on 2.3 firmware). I waited for FlashTool to "see" the phone. Took a while because my PC (Win7) was looking for drivers. Once it was done, FlashTool saw the phone.
    6. Closed FlashTool and pressed enter on the cmd window.
    7. The phone restarted one time during the procedure (my heart skipped a beat, I admit) but in less than 1 minute, the cmd reported Success.
    8. Closed the cmd window and pulled the battery from the phone (was of course still stucked at SE boot logo).
    9. Ran FlashTool again, selected Flash, chose Kernel Upgrade and when it prompted, I put my X10 in flash mode and the procedure completed soon afterwards.
    10. I turned on the phone, started spamming Back button and entered xrec, wiped dalvik and cache (because I am on goro's kernel) just in case and then rebooted for the last time!!

Phone was up and running in about 5 minutes (due to the cache wiping, boot was sloooooow). Now everything is good! It was much easier than it sounds!

Thanks to the_laser and everyone else involved now and in the future! :)

Xperia X10i via Tapatalk
    Installing Flash-and adb drivers for x10 (!they where updated with the 2.3.3 update!)

1. open the drivers manager of your pc
    2. connect phone in flashmode (without running any program like flashtool, seus or pccp)
    3. check if there appears an unkown device, which wasn't there before (if not go on, if yes read under the line in this post further on)
    4. no unknown device? Good
    5. turn on phone and connect usb cable again and check again for unknown devices
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If there is an unknown device, download this archive (it contains the 2.3.3 adb and flash drivers)

1. In Flashmode is an unknown device: Go to the archive and install the ggsetup-2.2.0.11.exe file you find in there.

2. After turning on there is an unknown device: extract the archive and search with your pc's drivers manager manually in that folder for the drivers of the unkown device, then they should be installed.

3. Now check again like I described it above the line for unknown devices, if you can't see them now anymore, try again to unlock your bl.

Regards,

L
    flashed the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
    - OK no problem
    disconnected usb cable, pressed power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connected the usb cable again
    - Ok no problem
    started the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts
    - started? you mean "start"? how do you start the file meflash.dll?

I think something is missing?