Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

** PLEASE BE AWARE! THIS SCRIPT IS FOR "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II" WILL ALSO WORK ON "AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket" ONLY! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS **​

:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ::

:: DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

This is a small script i threw together a while back. I have incorporated in many of my ROMS, usually runs with a installation flag '-wipe'. The script does exactly as the title explains. It is SUPER.WIPE that does the most thorough wipe possible. This exceeds anything that CWM is capable of from the menu options. This will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly. This is a great tool to flash right before installing any new ROM on your device. No need to worry if you have wiped properly. Let the script do it for you! ENJOY! :D

Instructions on using DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE:

* WILL NOT WIPE SD CARD OR EMMC *

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE FLASHING ROM OF YOU CHOICE, DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Place on ROOT of your SD card.
2. Boot into Recovery Mode
3. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
4. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
5. Stay inside recovery
6. Flash desired ROM.
7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
8. Done!

>>> DOWNLOADS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

** PLEASE respect my work and ask my permission before posting mirrors or using any parts **

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE

Last edited:

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Thanks Bro i used this on my hd2 it is awesome Thanks you have done a lot for this community In the short amount of time you have been here Thank You:D

Dec 27, 2011
Near Seattle
This is awesome, I saw this in some of your ROMs and wished I could use it with other ROMs. My wish was granted. Thank you! :D

skadude66

Feb 22, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for this! One question though: What is the benefit of formatting to ext4, compared to what it is formatted as by default?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Hi,

Seems like a great tool. I have a suggestion. When posting such tools that aren't device-specific and work on all (or a majority of) Android devices, please consider posting them in the appropriate Android Development and Hacking forums (should be either Android Software and Hacking General or Android Software Development in this case), rather than device-specific forums. Once posted there, you can then make a post here as well with a brief description of the tool and provide the link to the main post in the appropriate section.

This way, the tool will get more exposure, plus it'll make things a little less confusing for the new users who might think the tool is specific only to that device in question.

Well, that's my two cents. Keep up the great work! =)

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Hi,

Seems like a great tool. I have a suggestion. When posting such tools that aren't device-specific and work on all (or a majority of) Android devices, please consider posting them in the appropriate Android Development and Hacking forums (should be either Android Software and Hacking General or Android Software Development in this case), rather than device-specific forums. Once posted there, you can then make a post here as well with a brief description of the tool and provide the link to the main post in the appropriate section.

This way, the tool will get more exposure, plus it'll make things a little less confusing for the new users who might think the tool is specific only to that device in question.

Different devices have different partition mappings so one tool will NOT work for all devices .......... sorry but you are incorrect in telling him to post in a general forum.

IE
Mmcblk2 might be /boot on one device, or /recovery on another and /system on yet another.

Wiping a recovery partition accidently could cause bricks ....

PS
Awesome tool bro. Ill use it for sure :)

Sent by my SGH-T989 from the Darkside ©

Last edited:
Reactions: raycaster3

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
Hi,

thanks for the input.. but this is DEVICE SPECIFIC.. i mean are you trying to insult my intelligence, because i do kinda have a clue to what I am doing.. Maybe new users need to read what they are doing before telling me how i need to do things... ok? thanks!

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
thanks for the input.. but this is DEVICE SPECIFIC.. i mean are you trying to insult my intelligence, because i do kinda have a clue to what I am doing.. Maybe new users need to read what they are doing before telling me how i need to do things... ok? thanks!

Lol beat ya to it bro..... I hate people talking like they know something but really have no clue :-\

Sent by my SGH-T989 from the Darkside ©

Babyj303

May 8, 2011

+1 eff

Sent from my Unstoppable Juggernaut!!!:cool:

adclem

Jan 27, 2009
Their is a reason that TDJ has the title "Recognized Developer"

Thanks for the great tool, kernel and ROM

Babyj303

May 8, 2011
Any1 tested this cuz im about to with my effin tmobile crap im dealing with. I cant receive texts or calls atm. CS says networks down for certain people? Anyways bout to flash and will repost in a bit.

Sent from my Unstoppable Juggernaut!!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

** PLEASE BE AWARE! THIS SCRIPT IS FOR "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II" WILL ALSO WORK ON "AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket" ONLY! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS **​

:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ::

:: DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

This is a small script i threw together a while back. I have incorporated in many of my ROMS, usually runs with a installation flag '-wipe'. The script does exactly as the title explains. It is SUPER.WIPE that does the most thorough wipe possible. This exceeds anything that CWM is capable of from the menu options. This will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly. This is a great tool to flash right before installing any new ROM on your device. No need to worry if you have wiped properly. Let the script do it for you! ENJOY! :D

Instructions on using DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE:

* WILL NOT WIPE SD CARD OR EMMC *

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE FLASHING ROM OF YOU CHOICE, DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Place on ROOT of your SD card.
    2. Boot into Recovery Mode
    3. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    4. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
    5. Stay inside recovery
    6. Flash desired ROM.
    7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    8. Done!

>>> DOWNLOADS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

** PLEASE respect my work and ask my permission before posting mirrors or using any parts **

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE
    not sure why yet???
    Hi,

I mean no disrespect but I believe I asked twice posted in the forum..as to why..this is one of the most used tools by developers and flashers not just on this board but across xda and other forums..as to who he is.. he's a Recognized Developer am surprised he hasn't been tagged an elite.. his work rings bell:D. Seriously his works speak for themselves..I respect him as a developer just as other developer but favor his work more..so can you please sticky this.. thank you.;)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Again, you seriously expect me (or another moderator) to read just this thread and single out requests to act on? If you need something attended to, tell us via PM. Now, I'll stick this tool - as I would have long ago if only you had asked. As for respect, it goes all ways. Give it, earn it.
    MD5s are the same... I'm confused now, is there an update?

I updated the thread with the super.wipe and cache.wipe that where in my other threads. The super.wipe is an actual updated version of the script. I took out a lot of the junk ascii and sped up the script so users dont have to annoyingly wait for all my hoopla.