[App][Best Launcher] GO Launcher v3.01 and HD version for Android 2.x - (21/5/2012)

What is the most important feature you want in the future?

• More stable and less memory usage

Votes: 129 60.3%
  • More smooth and better sliding experience

Votes: 100 46.7%
  • More options for visual settings

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Plugins like notification for better operation

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Deeper settings to modify home screen

Votes: 53 24.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kwankl

Sep 27, 2010
can u minimize the wakelock caused by the launcher?

com.gau.go.launcherex
Wakeups: 70
Alarms: 60, Intent: com.jiubang.intent.action.ACTION_TIDY_DATA
Alarms: 7, Intent: com.jiubang.intent.action.AUTO_CHECK_UPDATE
Alarms: 3, Intent: com.jiubang.intent.action.SCAN_APPS

morg01

May 19, 2010
Just to say top job guy's . . . a first rate launcher with lots of additional features other launchers do not have, been using it for a few years now, I often install the betas from your blog site prior to releases in the play store.

Couple of things I would like to mention (but not deal breakers):

1. your search panel in the app drawer, could you remove or add an option to remove the default 'search' text, I personally think the text styling looks gaudy / cheap, not in keeping with the rest of the polished interfaces within go launcher.

2. a feature which has been requested thousands of times, the ability to define the number of apps on the dock bar.

3. transition effect suggestion / improvement: cylinder effect that actually 'bends' the screen images, the current effect 'chops' the screen images which doesn't quite look right . . IMO

Great work guys . . . thanks for all your hard work

Reactions: cuezaireekaa

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
It's hard to do that.
Can you please install another launcher to check the transiton?

My programmer often gives me a hard time because I assume things are easy to do, so I understand if its difficult. I'm not demanding a new feature or anything, just want you guys to be aware. :)

I installed ADW Ex and 360 Launcher. 360 used my phone's default app transitions but didn't have their own built-in ones. ADW has an option to keep the phone's default app transitions or use one of ADW's built-in ones.

Thank you for hearing me out!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the XDA app.

iSxy

Feb 19, 2012
Agra
this launcher is just awesome!..
can u add a feature for reflections in dock lile ADW has..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
Great work. One thing I would like to see in an up coming version is the ability to run 4 icons only on the dock and have them space properly across the dock to allow for a touchwiz or lgHome style look to the dock.

Awesome work.

Kymps

Mar 23, 2012
Is it somehow possible to make the dock icons bigger? In previous versions i could do that by just setting the icon size to large (or something similar, I'm not an elephant). No I can only resize all the icons at once. If i scale the icons up, all icons except dock icons are too large, if I leave it to default, the dock icons are way too small.

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
can u minimize the wakelock caused by the launcher?

com.gau.go.launcherex
Wakeups: 70
Alarms: 60, Intent: com.jiubang.intent.action.ACTION_TIDY_DATA
Alarms: 7, Intent: com.jiubang.intent.action.AUTO_CHECK_UPDATE
Alarms: 3, Intent: com.jiubang.intent.action.SCAN_APPS
It's related to the app update function.

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
Just to say top job guy's . . . a first rate launcher with lots of additional features other launchers do not have, been using it for a few years now, I often install the betas from your blog site prior to releases in the play store.

Couple of things I would like to mention (but not deal breakers):

1. your search panel in the app drawer, could you remove or add an option to remove the default 'search' text, I personally think the text styling looks gaudy / cheap, not in keeping with the rest of the polished interfaces within go launcher.

2. a feature which has been requested thousands of times, the ability to define the number of apps on the dock bar.

3. transition effect suggestion / improvement: cylinder effect that actually 'bends' the screen images, the current effect 'chops' the screen images which doesn't quite look right . . IMO

Great work guys . . . thanks for all your hard work

Yea, we will bring out a new design for that.

Coming soon. What I can say is that, in v2.86 or maybe v2.87, you can get this function to change the number of apps on the dock bar.

Cool...

Reactions: avalst and morg01

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
My programmer often gives me a hard time because I assume things are easy to do, so I understand if its difficult. I'm not demanding a new feature or anything, just want you guys to be aware. :)

I installed ADW Ex and 360 Launcher. 360 used my phone's default app transitions but didn't have their own built-in ones. ADW has an option to keep the phone's default app transitions or use one of ADW's built-in ones.

Thank you for hearing me out!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the XDA app.
It's useful. We will check how to do that.
Thank you!

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
Is it somehow possible to make the dock icons bigger? In previous versions i could do that by just setting the icon size to large (or something similar, I'm not an elephant). No I can only resize all the icons at once. If i scale the icons up, all icons except dock icons are too large, if I leave it to default, the dock icons are way too small.
We will make icons bigger in near future.

mrbandwidth

Aug 21, 2005
download link for beta 3 doesn't work properly: file of 0 bytes

BTW, tested 2.85 Beta 2 on LG Optimus 3D + Android 2.3.5 rooted ->

-good: much smoother transitions, very nice!
-bad: only 9 screens now!?! (Suggestion: increase it to 12 doing shorter the miniatures at global view, so grid would be 3x4, instead of 3x3, if pagination not possible)

but thanks a lot, love this launcher!

Last edited:

virajjjj

Jul 31, 2011
Ahmedabad
Really now its been quite a time when I stopped using the go launcher and started using adw launcher ex cause due to some features absent:

1) wanted the dockbar in the app drawer same as touchwiz

2) wanted 4 icon in the dock again same as touchwiz

3) wanted transperant statusbar while using transperant cm7 themes

4) Not to lag while using live wallpaper even while using Samsung galaxy s2 by me when ram cleared

5) expecting more vertical transition like vertical paginated and all of the effects present in horizontal transition like cube, sphere etc present in vertical transition in apps drawer section

6) just want an option to change the icon size in dock even for mdpi device and should work independently

seriously man want all this changes as soon as possible.

PROUD TO BE "ACE"TEEMED
, AND ALSO YES HIT "thanks" IF I WAS OF ANY USE TO YOU....... :-\

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    =GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x=
    Here is the beta version of GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x, which is the tablet version of GO Launcher.
    We need you guys to help us use it and tell me what you feel about the new features.
    Tips:
    1. Available for tablet devices with Android 2.0 or up.
    2. Same functions with GO Launcher HD v1.07.
    3. Please use v1.07 version on your tablet with Android 3.0 or up.
    This is only beta version, if there’s any problems or bugs please send feedback to us through “Menu->Feedback”.

Download: http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/pad/GOLauncherHD_2.x_beta2.apk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

=About this post=
    Hey xda guys, here is GO Launcher Dev Team and I'm the product manager who is in charge of GO Launcher EX.
    We will bring out GO Launcher v3.0 in near future which includes a lot of new features.
    I will release every beta version here and hope that you can tell me how you feel about our new features.[/FONT]

=Newest Version on Market=
    Now the newest version is v3.01.
    Market page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

=Newest Beta Version=
    Next version is v3.02 and there are some new features mentioned below:

1. (New) Combined interface of launcher and locker theme preview

Download: please click here

=About GO Launcher=
    GO Launcher is the most popular home app in Android Market. It allows users to customize home screen, change themes, use smooth transition animation as well as various widgets and screen locks. It brings you a fresh and extraordinary mobile operation experience.

=Features=
    - Thousands of personalized themes
    - Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
    - Extremely smooth transition animation
    - Smooth flipping operation
    - User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
    Many options in preferences to help you customize you phone!

=Tips=
    1. How to get themes, widgets and lockers?
    a) Search ‘go launcher theme’, ‘go widget’ or ‘go locker’ in Android Market.
    b) Use GO Store via menu button in GO Launcher.
    2. How to set transition animation?
    Use ‘Effects settings’ via button in GO Launcher.
    3. Icons are too small?
    Use ‘Icon Size’ option in ‘Preferences->Visual settings->Icons’ to make icons bigger.
    3. Long press the app icon to enter editing mode on home screen and app drawer.
    4. Glide up to open menu and glide down to pull down notification.
    5. The widgets in the screenshots belong to GO Widget, attainable from Android Market or GO Store.

=Important=
    1. GO Launcher is a totally free app without any charge.
    2. If you cannot set ‘GO Launcher’ as the default home app, download ‘Home Manager’ to fix it.
    3. ‘DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create shortcuts of ‘person’ and ‘direct dial’. GO Launcher won't make unattended phone call and cost your money.
    5. ‘READ CONTACT DATA’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create 'person' shortcut as well as to add contact folder.

Our commitments are respecting user privacy and delivering cool experience. Please help us by rating this app and recommending to the others.

Want an extreme makeover to your phone? Try it out!

Owned by and Visit 3G.cn Through Your Mobile.
    Copyright 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.
    Question to Product Manager ugujun:

Can you remove Application manager which checks for applications update and make it a plugin? It hogs in the background otherwise a very good launcher.
    This has always been bugging me, but how does GoTeam actually make a living out of giving the app for free? Personal data sale?
    Sorry, no personal data sale!
    We sell themes to get money and GO Launcher is totally free.
    it just redundant, we have physical home button man..

Speak for yourself. Not redundant for me.

I'm glad there is a home button on app drawer when using it on my Kindle Fire.
    I just believe we have the right to complain/ask for updates/ etc.. by virtue of the fact that we are exchanging something for a service. Its just deceitful to claim its "free" . That's all.

Then by your terms, everything is "paid" and requires "exchanging something" ?
    The guys are working hard, and just because its a day or two late on a update, which according to me is a major update, doesn't mean their just lazy or anything. Just give them a bit more time and im sure they'll do as they said.
    I'm not trying to go out on war here or anything, just saying that complaining will not get you the update faster.