[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast.

Search This thread

mslatter

Sep 23, 2010
Columbus, GA USA
Having trouble after installing m-kernel mr1. The rom boots well and preforms great. But, the moment I rewake the device from standby, the lockscreen goes nuts. I have to do a hard reboot. Not sure what is going on there. Just a heads up. Could be an issue, or just something on my side.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I've had the exact same problem so keep reverting to my stock backup. Thought it was just a bad download - same problem with Mr1 AND a38. If anyone has an idea, would love to try. This may be for M-Kernel's thread too.... I just figured we couldn't use Prime with Mkernel until I came across this post

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
I've had the exact same problem so keep reverting to my stock backup. Thought it was just a bad download - same problem with Mr1 AND a38. If anyone has an idea, would love to try. This may be for M-Kernel's thread too.... I just figured we couldn't use Prime with Mkernel until I came across this post

It has to be mkernel, i haven't had a single issue, let alone have to hard reboot on leankernel

Reactions: shmega and mslatter

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold

Having trouble after installing m-kernel mr1. The rom boots well and preforms great. But, the moment I rewake the device from standby, the lockscreen goes nuts. I have to do a hard reboot. Not sure what is going on there. Just a heads up. Could be an issue, or just something on my side.

Flashed 39 and it is making my tab go nuts lol diagonal splitting of the tint???
lagging to get anywhere, from lock screen all the way to the app drawer.

Looks like ill try and find 38 or just stay on the roms stock one
Thanks

Same here, has to be the kernel, cause i tried 38 and 39 M-Kernel and same results.

Last edited:

nadiros

Mar 3, 2010
New Westminster
Re: [ROM] [4.2.2] PRIME D03-06 [v11] [WIFI + 3G] phone/phablet/tablet setting + pie +

Same here, has to be the kernel, cause i tried 38 and 39 M-Kernel and same results.

Eh guys. You may find that in TricksterMod the GPU setting defaults at "1"(1mhz?) when using M-kernel the first time. Change it to a better value and all's well :)

Or - go to the "vanir.config" (or similer name lol) on internal memory and delete it or comment out the GPU OC aspects within the file.....this was not made for our devices.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chindu

goffmj

Mar 7, 2010
Minneapolis
Eh guys. You may find that in TricksterMod the GPU setting defaults at "1"(1mhz?) when using M-kernel the first time. Change it to a better value and all's well :)

Or - go to the "vanir.config" (or similer name lol) on internal memory and delete it or comment out the GPU OC aspects within the file.....this was not made for our devices.

Hope this helps.

Yup, I said this many pages back. I haven't had any issues since changing the 1MHz default to something like 446MHz.

tambourineman86

Apr 22, 2010
Texas
Google Pixel 5a
Re: [ROM] [4.2.2] PRIME D03-06 [v11] [WIFI + 3G] phone/phablet/tablet setting + pie +

Does CIFS work on this ROM? Very interested in trying this out, but CIFS is a must have feature for me. In any case, thanks Prime for your contribution to this device. It's much appreciated.

Sent from my shooter using Tapatalk 2

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007

Yup, I said this many pages back. I haven't had any issues since changing the 1MHz default to something like 446MHz.

Ditto same here.

500 seems to be a happy market as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

Does this ROM have tablet ui like PA? :p

samuel0213

Jun 2, 2012

The brightness control quick setting will cause the ui crash in tablet mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

feelpt

Account currently disabled
Feb 5, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi there

I've been trying other roms but always end up coming back to prime.

However I noticed something that's kind of weird... I play a web based game (Rage of Bahamut) that has some animations (probably flash animations). In the other roms I can see those animations but not in Prime.

I used same kernel and configs in all roms and the only rom not showing those animations is prime. Anyone knows why?

Thanks in advance

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Hi there

I've been trying other roms but always end up coming back to prime.

However I noticed something that's kind of weird... I play a web based game (Rage of Bahamut) that has some animations (probably flash animations). In the other roms I can see those animations but not in Prime.

I used same kernel and configs in all roms and the only rom not showing those animations is prime. Anyone knows why?

Thanks in advance

More details please

feelpt

Account currently disabled
Feb 5, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi Prime, thanks for the reply.

I use prime since the beginning.. Until a month ago this game was not "tablet-ready". It would work but, without any modifications, the resolution would be really small (something around 170dpi). This would be the same as if I was playing in my Galaxy SII. Until here I could see the animations.

Then they did some updates to be ready for tablet and since then I never saw the animations again. Initially I thought it was something wrong from the game developers, but then I tried a couple other roms and I can see the animations, so it made me think that this situation was somehow related with prime.

I use m-kernel with some tweaks that were suggested here by someone. But I used the same config and apps for the other roms and the problem didn't exist.

Please tell if you need more info

thanks

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source
    Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    D03-25 Release notes:

some UI cleanup
    many bug fixes
    layout fixes for tablet UI etc
    theming cleanup
    some repos with -fno-strict-aliasing hardcoded by linaro have been set to use fstrict-aliasing (more butter)
    plugged a lot of memory leaks since the last release
    some native code tweaks
    localized some optimizations to remove regressions caused in some places when set globally
    compiled with custom NDK
    compiled with custom toolchain
    stabilized cflags a bit to test my aliasing violation fixes mentioned above
    some script tweaking
    more logging removed
    bionic sin/cos optimization
    removed unnecessary debugging code from performance critical libc & libm
    auto brightness curve adjust fixed
    tits, butter, skittles...

this is a pretty solid build. i'd consider it a milestone release except i didn't get a chance to test it as much as i wanted.
    enjoi an update for grouper and tilapia

change log:
    fixed ****
    new ****
    tits, butter, & skittles
    release notes:

ui selector added: phablet/tablet/phone on the fly!!
    pie upgraded and less buggy now
    bugs fixed
    beats/bravia2 multimedia upgraded
    majority of the time spent fixing memory leaks and adding new compiler flags to make faster
    full graphite + link time optimization
    clibrary upgrades
    a lot of arch-arm NEON focused improvements (efficiency/speed)
    a lot of frameworks improvements for fluidity
    full hardware accelerated keyboard & pertinent frameworks elements
    expanded desktop can now be shut off.. and a list array was added to select hide statusbar, hide both, or turn off
    bunch -o- other ****

enjoi!!