[jfltevzw][jflte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
Wow this is a nice recovery. Been using twrp forever. This is a nice change.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

D4oidz3r

Sep 28, 2010
Quick question, before I switch to this recovery from TWRP. Is it possible to restore backups done in TWRP with this recovery? Thanks

Edit: Sorry guys, checked the main thread and saw the answer (Yes) to my question, noob mistake.

Last edited:

scott62185

Mar 22, 2011
Long Beach, California

il buono

May 12, 2011
Tucson
The link is dead

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

So just to be sure, at the moment there is no version for loki users?

The link is not dead. Either download it from a computer or use a different mobile browser than chrome. I just tried it on mobile Chrome and the link won't download. I also have Maxthon mobile browser installed and it downloaded fine on it. If you still have issues downloading I'll be glad to upload a mirror and PM it to you.

paulg1981

Jan 16, 2006
Fort Worth
The link is not dead. Either download it from a computer or use a different mobile browser than chrome. I just tried it on mobile Chrome and the link won't download. I also have Maxthon mobile browser installed and it downloaded fine on it. If you still have issues downloading I'll be glad to upload a mirror and PM it to you.

Sorry I meant a loki fixed newer version. I have installed the version in the OP but I understand a newer one was just released.

SO_dank

Jul 23, 2011
Ok I rooted and have OUDHS cwm installed no rom yet. I am trying to get a goos backup of my imei.. efs.. vn I did a nandroid but i see that you can do just an efs backup with this recovery. If I were to wipe my imei would this recovery replace it with no issues?? also can I install with this specific cwm oudhs?? By the way it looks awsome as all heck!! ill try either way just want to know. Thanks

swieder711

Can this recovery report the correct date and time when creating a nandroid?

CWM and Twrp cannot seem to do that.

Bump.

I am currently on TWRP and have tried the standard CWM. Neither recovery picks up the correct date/time when creating a Nandroid.

Any chance that the Philz Touch recovery reports the correct date/time on an Nandroid?

thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Bump.

I am currently on TWRP and have tried the standard CWM. Neither recovery picks up the correct date/time when creating a Nandroid.

Any chance that the Philz Touch recovery reports the correct date/time on an Nandroid?

thanks,
Scott

It was the case on my builds until latest updates. The set time function I was using is corrupting CMOS for some users
Now, I use TWRP similar code to set time. You get a correctly displayed time on screen, but backups are still stamped with GMT time

I will add the settime option again, maybe as option

Reactions: swieder711

swieder711

It was the case on my builds until latest updates. The set time function I was using is corrupting CMOS for some users
Now, I use TWRP similar code to set time. You get a correctly displayed time on screen, but backups are still stamped with GMT time

I will add the settime option again, maybe as option

I am a little unclear on your reply. Are you saying that with the current release of CWM Adv Edition that the correct date and time are NOT stamped on the Nandroid backups?

I care more about the correct date versus time since I rarely keep more than one Nandroid for a given day. Using a tool like Rom Toolbox with TWRP or Rom Manager with CWM is an okay work around since those apps add the correct date to the Nandroid backup name. The files still have the wrong date stamps, but the folder name gives me the needed info.

Can you confirm that your CWM Adv Edition can be launched for Rom Manager?

thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I am a little unclear on your reply. Are you saying that with the current release of CWM Adv Edition that the correct date and time are NOT stamped on the Nandroid backups?

I care more about the correct date versus time since I rarely keep more than one Nandroid for a given day. Using a tool like Rom Toolbox with TWRP or Rom Manager with CWM is an okay work around since those apps add the correct date to the Nandroid backup name. The files still have the wrong date stamps, but the folder name gives me the needed info.

Can you confirm that your CWM Adv Edition can be launched for Rom Manager?

thanks,
Scott

folder name is correctly stamped. Real file time shown by browsers is incorrect though to avoid the CMOS corruption issue

Reactions: lokerman

diaftia

Mar 14, 2007
Danville, CA
Its been a while since I have used CWM. I have been using TWRP because the interface was easy to use with my big hands. With TWRP I am getting a weird issue where it corrupts my data partition (It asks me to enter a password to access the encrypted partition and I have to full wipe). I have decided to go back to CWM based recovery to hopefully mitigate this issue. There were a couple of things I remember CWM recoveries doing and I was wondering if it still does them?

Two questions:

1. The backup files could not have a name set to them. Has this been addressed?

2. I remember CWM putting a TON of files on my data partition when doing a backup. Does it still do that?

Thanks!

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Its been a while since I have used CWM. I have been using TWRP because the interface was easy to use with my big hands. With TWRP I am getting a weird issue where it corrupts my data partition (It asks me to enter a password to access the encrypted partition and I have to full wipe). I have decided to go back to CWM based recovery to hopefully mitigate this issue. There were a couple of things I remember CWM recoveries doing and I was wondering if it still does them?

Two questions:

1. The backup files could not have a name set to them. Has this been addressed?

2. I remember CWM putting a TON of files on my data partition when doing a backup. Does it still do that?

Thanks!

1- PhilZ Touch tags backups with ROM name from build.prop
2- That's because you were selecting the dup incremental format instead of tar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links (US variants)
    Now: one common recovery for all: jflte
    The below specific variants are no more updated, use jflte common variant

AT&T: jflteatt
    Sprint: jfltespr
    T-Mobile: jfltetmo
    Verizon: jfltevzw
    Canada/Bell: jfltecan
    Cricket: jfltecri
    US Cellular: jflteusc

Last version can be found here:
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition

Locked bootloader? How to lokify before flashing:
    1. In Advanced Menu / Toggle Loki Support : enable auto loki
    2. Flash the zip file and you are done

Note:
    All versions released after PhilZ Touch 6.01.2 will have a script in installer to lokify the image if you are coming from older recoveries or TWRP.
    Unlocked bootloader users can extract the recovery.img file and restore it from inside recovery:
    • put recovery.img in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/philz_update/recovery.img
    • In Custom Backup and Restore menu, unselect all except recovery
    • validate to browse to the update recovery.img
    • done
    Could someone with the skills to loki patch please upload a zip? I really dig this recovery, but am not well versed in loki patching. Thanks.

here's the latest version loki patched philz_touch_5.08.5-jfltevzw (Loki Patched).zip

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

external_sd mounts just fine now. thx philz
    Here you go Phil http://d-h.st/17Z

I used the script CM is using to patch boot.img on the fly, feel free to include it in your updates if you want, just have to replace recovery.img :)

Here is the 5.18.2 patched version, thanks philz, all I did was replace the recovery.img as stated in your post SellswordShev........ https://www.dropbox.com/s/31lieedcnby94gk/philz touch new.zip

hyperdrive powered s4

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Everything works fine in the update, wonderful work

hyperdrive powered s4
    I did it in the simplest way possible.

1. I unzipped a philz recovery that I knew was loki'd and worked on my Verizon GS4.
    2. I replaced the recovery file with the philz 6.18.7 recovery file from its unloki'd zip file
    3. I then zipped the resulting set of files

And Voila a working loki'd recovery.

Or to state it more simply.take any loki'd phliz recovery zip file and replace the actual recovery file in that zip with the one you want to use from an unloki'd zip..

Yes, thank you, next update will include a dedicated jflte-loki installer for you

Sorry for the trouble
    Would be great if someone can link the locki patched last version
    I would link it to post 1

Here you go Phil http://d-h.st/17Z

I used the script CM is using to patch boot.img on the fly, feel free to include it in your updates if you want, just have to replace recovery.img :)