T-Mobile G1 TC4-RC30 DREAIMG.NBH file

Search This thread

hskoon

Jan 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QPUWC9AC

ROM Re-flash (THIS FILE IS LEAK FROM HTC)

1. Format the SD card to FAT32 mode
2. Copy image file XXX.nbh to the SD card and rename to DREAIMG.NBH
3. Turn the device power off and insert Diagnostic SD card
4. Hold Camera button, and press Power button to entry Boot loader mode
5. Press Power button to start upgrade procedure
6. After finish, perform the soft reset to reboot

Please check this link Service manual for G1 (Page 63-64) for more info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=457133
Mod Edit: Link broken but get Manual Here: www.mikechannon.net

Last edited by a moderator:

b_sphinx

Apr 25, 2005
hskoon... can u describe what r u posting here...? we know it's RC30 image but if it's the OTA RC30 ver, then it'll just do more harm here & pointless

:mad:

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
With this, at least now we can upgrade to an official version of Cupcake without worrying it patched up any (yet to discovered) security holes in RC30.

Still hoping to root my official RC30 phone...

Gary13579

Retired Moderator
Nov 14, 2008
With this, at least now we can upgrade to an official version of Cupcake without worrying it patched up any (yet to discovered) security holes in RC30.

Still hoping to root my official RC30 phone...

HTC can have Google change the private keys of their bootloader with no consequences. HTC/T-Mobile is the only one that uses them, so they'd just have to check which version to use before reflashing. If it's an older phone, use the older version.

Basically, the cupcake build can include new keys which would make this .nbh useless.

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
HTC can have Google change the private keys of their bootloader with no consequences. HTC/T-Mobile is the only one that uses them, so they'd just have to check which version to use before reflashing. If it's an older phone, use the older version.

Basically, the cupcake build can include new keys which would make this .nbh useless.

Crafty, aren't they. What are we to do?

K

korndub

ok testing this dreaimg.nbh on my non rooted official rc30 so that if it indeed is official RC30 no loss. will post results shortly.

K

korndub

Update Terminate UPDATE FAIL

no soup... tried this on my locked RC30 G1 and the update failed.

afbcamaro

Dec 23, 2006
WARNING!!

From what I can disect from the file it includes t-mobiles shipped SPL, so if flashed and you have a eng bootloader or a dev phone it might overwrite your fallback bootloader!!!! :)

To the Poster, if you had access to this version can you see if you can get for us any earlier version before rc30, and or rc8 for uk phones. This would be most excellent and allow us to revert all rc30 rc8 phones.

Thank you for your time and effort!!!

K

korndub

so, i would highly advise that nobody use this. I had a perfectly usable g1 official rc30 and after trying this NBH and it failing, the phone is now unusable. REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS IMAGE!!!

K

korndub

The image update did not fail on my g1.

But ended up with the the same non rooted rc30 as i had on that phone.
bunny0007 what steps did you take? did you have to rename the file to dreaimg.nbh and remove all the other stuff? i would like to try to reflash this one to at least get it back to stock rc30

K

korndub

odd, thats what i did to two of these testers that i had and both got corrupted... oh wait, it wasnt capital letters, not sure if that would make a difference or not, but it seemed to have found it and started working... let me try with caps....