[ROM][JellyBean][4.1.2]Unofficial Slim Bean (Infuse4G)(updated 3.0.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
slimnewlogo2.png

Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
  2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
  3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
  4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Flash them in the order described.

Dpi etc are usual Slim stuff.

Changelog/Download:

For the latest changelog/download like go here

Currently all source are from source.android.com

Support via thanks or donate button. Please don't fill up the thread with "this is great" etc. Just hit thanks button. Cheers.

Credits are fully described here

DOWNLOAD:
Slim-3.0.0
slim gapps found here: Gapps and other add-ons

INSTRUCTIONS
wipe data/factory rest
wipe cach
wipe dalvic cache
format system under mounts and storage
make sure system is mounted under mounts and storage
flash 3.0
flash slim_gapps

Other Info
-compiled from slim Rom source with a few add ons/edits to add support for the Infuse...this is not a zip port (not done using the method in my porting tutorial)
-This is MTD, you should be able to come from any jb Rom with ease...and if your on ics it should convert you. I do not suggest coming from gingerbread or froyo

Credits/thanks
-krarvind ...if you like this rom, buy him a drink...he did all the hard work
-scott.hart.bti and all who worked on CM10 ...made Jellybean a stable reality for us
-dastin1015 and the people of this thread [Tutorial] Compile JB on Ubuntu ...Helped me through my process of learning how to build from source
-Yuma75 ...although it wasn’t needed for this, showed me how to fix touch for pure AOSP
-Did i forget anyone??? let me know...don’t want to leave anybody out

Last edited:

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-27-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-27-33.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 3,421
  • Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-27-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-27-13.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3,451
  • Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-28-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-28-04.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 3,265
  • Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-28-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-28-12.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 2,851
  • Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-28-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-26-21-28-36.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,898
Last edited:

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
in before it gets removed! :D lol jk, thanks! new dev, new rom, new stuff whooo!! :DD been waiting for slim stuff to come :)

Nope, same dev :p I was the one who ported slim ics...this won't get taken down cause I did it from source this time

Anyways, let me know any bugs you run into...I just did a quick test...WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS (slow..doesn't have Scott's fix for fast gps yet), and the main stuff were working...went out for dinner, then school shopping then worked out so I haven't gotten to thouroghly test it yet for bugs...just made sure the main things worked

(I do think I got a force close for talk on first boot up...gotta look into that, any one else get that?)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kizzerd

boodie

Mar 31, 2008
Working great! I have been on GTalk for about an hour with no problems....no problems in general! No FC yet....keep ya posted! (I still have ur SlimICS saved, loved that ROM too!)

Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

SIGMAxB

Aug 7, 2011
Cedar Hill, Texas
Nope, same dev :p I was the one who ported slim ics...this won't get taken down cause I did it from source this time

Anyways, let me know any bugs you run into...I just did a quick test...WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS (slow..doesn't have Scott's fix for fast gps yet), and the main stuff were working...went out for dinner, then school shopping then worked out so I haven't gotten to thouroghly test it yet for bugs...just made sure the main things worked

(I do think I got a force close for talk on first boot up...gotta look into that, any one else get that?)

No problems with talk here either will keep you posted if I stumble across anything . Slim Baby

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Yeah I went on gtapk and everything seems good...might be because I had a bunch of bad flashes before this while I worked on a working build

Anyways glad you guys like it...I think I may switch and use my infuse now that I got this going...gonna give the vivid a break :D

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
How is the AGPS in this Slim Bean? Can i assume that AGPS does not work since it's built from same sources as the other JB roms out right now?

Yeah, does not yet have the agps/GPS.conf fix yet...will have that in the next update, as well as add in ota support, and possibly slim it down...I think he current build has items other device zips don't because they are included in the common zip - I want it to be as slim as other versions...which total to about 80-90 after adding device zip to common zip...so basically I wanna try and clear 15-30mb...probably 15 cause we have a 15mb modem included that others do not have

Got a whole weekend to work on this and another project that should be released by Sunday...

Also, due to school updates will almost always be done on the weekends...unless I have little homework this year...too early to tell

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: kalebdevil

mrhaddan

May 29, 2012
Kelso
Yeah, does not yet have the agps/GPS.conf fix yet...will have that in the next update, as well as add in ota support, and possibly slim it down...I think he current build has items other device zips don't because they are included in the common zip - I want it to be as slim as other versions...which total to about 80-90 after adding device zip to common zip...so basically I wanna try and clear 15-30mb...probably 15 cause we have a 15mb modem included that others do not have

Got a whole weekend to work on this and another project that should be released by Sunday...

Also, due to school updates will almost always be done on the weekends...unless I have little homework this year...too early to tell

From a kid who is still in high school(right?), this is impressive. I'm trying to get handle on this stuff, but just don't have the time! Good work! I will be trying this very soon.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: GoSooners345

SIGMAxB

Aug 7, 2011
Cedar Hill, Texas

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-improve-gps-on-samsung-infuse-4g-guide/
Is this the gps configuration fix your referring to

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-improve-gps-on-samsung-infuse-4g-guide/
Is this the gps configuration fix your referring to

That may work, but Scotts fix was actually disabling agps because agps was not cooperating with jellybean...I think the GPS.conf was also edited...gotta look for the post...but it was dani who discovered the fix and brought it to Scotts attention I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo2.png

Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Flash them in the order described.

Dpi etc are usual Slim stuff.

Changelog/Download:

For the latest changelog/download like go here

Currently all source are from source.android.com

Support via thanks or donate button. Please don't fill up the thread with "this is great" etc. Just hit thanks button. Cheers.

Credits are fully described here

DOWNLOAD:
    Slim-3.0.0
    slim gapps found here: Gapps and other add-ons

INSTRUCTIONS
    wipe data/factory rest
    wipe cach
    wipe dalvic cache
    format system under mounts and storage
    make sure system is mounted under mounts and storage
    flash 3.0
    flash slim_gapps

Other Info
    -compiled from slim Rom source with a few add ons/edits to add support for the Infuse...this is not a zip port (not done using the method in my porting tutorial)
    -This is MTD, you should be able to come from any jb Rom with ease...and if your on ics it should convert you. I do not suggest coming from gingerbread or froyo

Credits/thanks
    -krarvind ...if you like this rom, buy him a drink...he did all the hard work
    -scott.hart.bti and all who worked on CM10 ...made Jellybean a stable reality for us
    -dastin1015 and the people of this thread [Tutorial] Compile JB on Ubuntu ...Helped me through my process of learning how to build from source
    -Yuma75 ...although it wasn’t needed for this, showed me how to fix touch for pure AOSP
    -Did i forget anyone??? let me know...don’t want to leave anybody out
    Screenshots
    Official changelog here : http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/changelog Anything there for the I9000/GalaxyS varients should be present in our infuse build

My changelog:
    9-21-12
    Updated to 2.5.0

9-17-12
    Updated to slim 2.4.0
    Switched to Scott.hart.bti's device and kernel source

9/6/12
    First Release!
    I'll try and get 3.0 out tonight...hopefully with bln, if I cant get it working I can always release a bln compatible kernel later

Edit: OK, it is 5pm pacific time...I just finished editing the kernel to include bln support...hopefully I got everything, hopefully it doesn't cause any errors during compile, hopefully it doesn't introduce any bugs, and hopefully it just works :p

Anyways...due to my computer being slow and old you can expect the release tomorrow...

On a different note, I may be working at McDonalds soon (so think twice before you say people who work at McDonalds are low lives/dumb people :p) anyways...I'm gonna save my money and buy the parts to make a new PC...its gonna cost about $1200, but it will be able to compile from source with in a half hour compared to my current computers 3-4 hours lol -so with that said hopefully in a few months I'll have a much better computer and will be able to crank out updates much faster...not to mention experiment more as I won't have to wait hours just to test the ROM :)