[Q] Stuck rooting

Search This thread

s.biddle87

Mar 16, 2014
Hey all
Ok so here's the problem that I would love some help with.
I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 I9500 and its android version 4.2.2 and I decided to look into rooting my phone a month ago because I'm sick of my phone saying I have no storage space when I keep on deleting everything and have only a few apps left n pics left on my phone even though my 32gb sd card isnt full (ive tried moving my photos there and it wont let me-so i decided to try and root). So last month i followed a few different ways to root it- I have an apple macbook pro and used one way through terminal which told me i failed (so i did the about device push that button 7x thing and then ticked usb debugging) so then i tried the cf-auto root thing which didnt work because (Odin) it comes up in random letters and shapes in a doc which I obviously don't understand and so cannot root that way. I tried to download 4shared but it comes back to my initial problem of having no space on my phone :(
2 apps i downloaded in an attempt for rooting include superuser and titanium backup- both of which i dont know what they do or how to use them (thinking they are hopeless unless its rooted).

Another random bit of info- this phone was purchased online by my friend on that cheap website kogan.
Please help- I really dont want to lose any of my data/apps etc
Thanks

debbuger

Hey all
Ok so here's the problem that I would love some help with.
I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 I9500 and its android version 4.2.2 and I decided to look into rooting my phone a month ago because I'm sick of my phone saying I have no storage space when I keep on deleting everything and have only a few apps left n pics left on my phone even though my 32gb sd card isnt full (ive tried moving my photos there and it wont let me-so i decided to try and root). So last month i followed a few different ways to root it- I have an apple macbook pro and used one way through terminal which told me i failed (so i did the about device push that button 7x thing and then ticked usb debugging) so then i tried the cf-auto root thing which didnt work because (Odin) it comes up in random letters and shapes in a doc which I obviously don't understand and so cannot root that way. I tried to download 4shared but it comes back to my initial problem of having no space on my phone :(
2 apps i downloaded in an attempt for rooting include superuser and titanium backup- both of which i dont know what they do or how to use them (thinking they are hopeless unless its rooted).

Another random bit of info- this phone was purchased online by my friend on that cheap website kogan.
Please help- I really dont want to lose any of my data/apps etc
Thanks
Try Jodin 3 for mac see if it works..https://builds.casual-dev.com/jodin3/

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Should you really be messing with this if you can't tell the difference between a mac and a windows program? For the storage space problem you're better off backing up what you want to keep then factory reset your phone. Your memory card might be fake too what make is it?

debbuger

Should you really be messing with this if you can't tell the difference between a mac and a windows program? For the storage space problem you're better off backing up what you want to keep then factory reset your phone.

Odin is for windows and jodin is an online flashing interface .jodin works for some people on mac...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
I was more talking to OP who was wondering why odin.exe opened as a text file on his mac.

Heimdall is cross platform isn't it?

debbuger

I was more talking to OP who was wondering why odin.exe opened as a text file on his mac.

Heimdall is cross platform isn't it?

Yup heimdall is cross platform. ..but some people leave some steps of using it I think.so they r not able to use it..for some people it doesn't work.. I have tried Jodin on two macs it works flawless..can't say about heimdall cuz I have not tried it yet..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk