[ROM][2.1] Eclair Strikes Back v2 [2011.06.23]

Search This thread

Knoedelkopf

Jan 9, 2011
@AA1973

Using this ROM, I didn't change anything with my data connection. Normally I just always replace apns-conf.xml file if data isn't working, but it was not needed.:)

Reactions: AA1973

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
I've been using this ROM for the past 2 weeks. I always tend to go back to it because everything simply works and it runs pretty fast. I do like trying out our new 2.3 ROMs though

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
MilestoneOverclock seems not to autoload, anyone experiencing the same?

Try version 1.4.2 pretty sure this one works. If you don't gave it, ill upload it later on when I get home. Or I think it is in the original CM6 threads. Not the ROM thread but one if the two links in MZ's OP.

Edit:: Here is the apk

Last edited:
Reactions: Knoedelkopf

luks_p

Apr 9, 2011
Banyuwangi, Sunrise of Java
Yup, i tried to redownload, and the problem seems solved.
I can manage to flash the rom, but when i wipe dalvik-cache, and cache partition and reboot into system, i got a boot loop there, the boot animation kept restarting.. any ideas?

EDIT: After factory reset i now can solve the bootloop problem..
Factory reset can't solve that on mine. 3 to 5 times I wipe all data but still bootloop. Finally, skipping boot restore solve that problem. I restored system only.

CAT5000

Jan 18, 2009
Since there's been some interest in comparing the 2.2 ROMs with the 2.1, here are some stock eclair nandroid images based on the Cincinnati Bell 2.1 ROM that can be used in OpenRecovery without flashing SBFs. You can use these to switch between 2.1 and other 2.2 ROMs without bothering with RSD Lite/sbf_flash.

Of course gallery key, camera and FM radio work well on these. Although, I've been having market problems (paid apps fail to download). Hopefully that will resolve itself if/when market decides to self-update... In the interim, I recommend using something like Titanium Backup to migrate your paid apps.

Eclair Strikes Back v2 (2011.06.23)
This is a tweaked version of CBW_eclair_STR_U2_04_1E_1.zip with some tricks we've been using in 2.2 (expanded apns-conf.xml, JIT from FrozenEclair, memhack to move dalvik-cache to /cache, egl.cfg hack to disable software rendering).
Changes since v1:
  • ext-partition support compatible with the stock221-derived ROMs*
  • Automatic swap support for fjfalcon's fastboot kernel
  • Automatic support for link2sd (either FAT extra partition or stock221's /sd-ext/link2sd method)
  • Additional cpu governors (conservative, interactive)
  • Market upgraded to 2.2.7
*dalvik-cache on /sd-ext is not supported by default on this ROM.

hello link dosent work please update,
maybe some one have this rom on web storage please link
thank you

bagongs

Mar 17, 2011
Hello guys,

I am running a few (rough) tests to check the actual performances of the different ROMs we have for our old XT720. I'd also like to give a shot to the Eclair Strikes Back v2 version, but it seems like all the links are dead.

Can anybody post a working mirror?

Thanks in advance guys!
In the case you are interested, I'll let you know the results!

xc4330

Mar 28, 2011
I know this is almost impossible, but can you make a alternate download link? I cannot access the link in our country...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since there's been some interest in comparing the 2.2 ROMs with the 2.1, here are some stock eclair nandroid images based on the Cincinnati Bell 2.1 ROM that can be used in OpenRecovery without flashing SBFs. You can use these to switch between 2.1 and other 2.2 ROMs without bothering with RSD Lite/sbf_flash.

Of course gallery key, camera and FM radio work well on these. Although, I've been having market problems (paid apps fail to download). Hopefully that will resolve itself if/when market decides to self-update... In the interim, I recommend using something like Titanium Backup to migrate your paid apps.

Eclair Strikes Back v2 (2011.06.23)
    This is a tweaked version of CBW_eclair_STR_U2_04_1E_1.zip with some tricks we've been using in 2.2 (expanded apns-conf.xml, JIT from FrozenEclair, memhack to move dalvik-cache to /cache, egl.cfg hack to disable software rendering).
    Changes since v1:
    • Automatic swap support for fjfalcon's fastboot kernel
    • Automatic support for link2sd (either FAT extra partition or stock221's /sd-ext/link2sd method)
    • Additional cpu governors (conservative, interactive)
    • Market upgraded to 2.2.7
    *dalvik-cache on /sd-ext is not supported by default on this ROM.

Previous release: Eclair Strikes Back v1

Stock 2.1 (Cincinnati Bell)
    This is a rooted version of Cincinnati Bell's STR_U2_04.1E.1 with OpenRecovery support pre-installed.
    Okay, bug with V2 that I think I've found. Milestone OC is not keeping it's setting and defaults to 550 on boot even though I have it at 1000 with autoload on boot.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ah, yes. I was just about to fix this by porting the overclocking script I wrote for stock221, but looking at it, there are some things I want to reconsider first. The 05_overclock on stock221 reads the main sdcard partition, and I want to avoid touching /sdcard. I think the "right" way to fix this is to see if Milestone Overclock can be improved set the clock rate when told to even if it didn't insert the module itself (I think probably what's happening is MO tries to insert the module and does nothing if insmod fails. In this case, insmod fails because the ROM has already loaded it before Milestone Overclock has a chance)

In the meantime, a work around is to let Milestone Overclock load the overclock module instead of the ROM. To do that, edit /system/etc/init.d/00insmod and delete or comment out this line:
    Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/2.6.29-omap1/overclock_milestone_21.ko omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr=0x$adr
    Beta for next ESB

Here's a tentative next release of eclair-strikes-back. This adds:
    • Includes updated market
    • Swap support for fjfalcon's fastboot kernel
    • Some additional cpu governors (conservative, interactive)
    I've rewritten the ext partition scripts, and I've tested them in simple configurations that I think are common. I *hope* factory reset isn't necessary when coming from the previous eclair-strikes-back, but it is a possibility. Please make nandroid backups of system and data before testing. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.multiupload.com/Q8B3U8EXWF

For those interested in details, these now use the ext4.ko to mount the ext partition (but I've only actually tested with ext2 so far). They also use bind mounts now instead of symbolic links.

*dalvik-cache on /sd-ext is currently disabled while I test the new scripts further. (I haven't fully explored what happens when the sdcard is absent at boot for the /sd-ext/dalvik-cache case--the details get a little hairy once you factor in the default memhack uses /cache/dalvik-cache and the fact that you'd probably only move dalvik-cache to /sd-ext because it's already grown too big for /cache...) I may just decide not to build that support into ESB.
    I've finally successfully downloaded and installed a paid app from the market now on Eclair Strikes Back. Market is still old one though... not sure why it's taking so long to update to new one. When I did a factory reset on stock 2.1 soon after I bought the phone the market updated itself pretty quickly IIRC.

Still, this feels so smooth and fast....

EDIT:

And don't seem to be having downloading issues with any apps, be it paid or free anymore. Maybe you'll have to manually replace the market.apk with the new one though, since I'm not sure it's ever going to self-update.