[Kernel] SuperSick for GSM & CDMA

Search This thread

Vavooon

Mar 18, 2012
Lviv
Hello. I used CM-based ROMs with HellBoy and this kernel and i had some phone issues: sometimes during a call caller stop hear me, and sometimes calls ends unexpectedly (I dont have that troubles with Sense-based ROMs).
Do you can help me?

Last edited:

Vavooon

Mar 18, 2012
Lviv
It will be your carrier. Be sure you always do full wipes

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

I heard about this version many times :) But i used many phones with my OP and hadn`t any described issues. And now i`m using mySense 7.0 and everything is good.
Yes, i did full wipes every time.

Last edited:

served24

Oct 8, 2012
If I'm using a jellybean aokp ROM with sick kernel can i just need to flash the new supersick kernel or do I have delete and wipe stuff?
Sent from my Full Android on PrimoC using xda premium

Vavooon

Mar 18, 2012
Lviv
Its not the kernel it doesn't do the work. Now APN in the ROM may be wrong. They are things kernel doesn't even do

Thank you for the answer (You are the first HOV develeper who talks to me about this problem :) ). Now i`m understanding that it is not kernel issue.
As i know APN is an internet setting, but i`m using EDGE without any problems.
Can you answer me in PM to prevent offtopic here? :)

simonsickle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
If I'm using a jellybean aokp ROM with sick kernel can i just need to flash the new supersick kernel or do I have delete and wipe stuff?

If you did that how would you possibly use the ROM. Just flash my stuff over no wipe ;) only ROM needs wipe.

PS APN on gsm does more than internet

Reactions: served24

abhikm001

Mar 29, 2012
Pune
Redmi Note 10 Pro
hey simon ... using sucpersick since yesterday
was using hellboy earlier
im getting much nicer wifi connectivity in supersick, the signal is steady n the speed is stable
also a noticeable difference in the battery section too... when using wifi the battery doesnt drain fast like the other kernel :) im using 2g data connection, yet to do a good test run on that ... will report soon :)
thanks a lot ...really appreciate your effort !

one request ... it would be great if you could please include swipe2wake feature in supersick, coz most of the devices are having problem with the power button (getting stiff) on prolonged usage ... would be great if the device could be unlocked without the use of physical buttons ... as in hellboy :)

Reactions: GUImess and 1ceb0x

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
So if I flash the super sick zip over the boot.IMG from sick kernel what would happen? Would it transport me to a different dimension:D

Sent from my Full Android on PrimoC using Tapatalk 2

served24

Oct 8, 2012
I've flashed supersick with the Nov 19th version of AOKP jelly be an and it works well. So to clear many question, it does work fine with AOKP. Just thought this info would help. Also Simmons, I do see the performance boost Lionheart got. :) great job.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Lol...mine is getting stiff as well

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

I couldn't help but laugh at this. LOL.

Reactions: aaronrw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the SickleKernel for the HTC One V (primoc and primou). The source code has been modified to support both devices in a unified development environment. To assist in the development, simply checkout the source code, add a feature, test it and push the changes to my gerrit with the included gerrit script in the kernel's root. All changes will be reviewed and tested, and if the code is up to spec, will also be accepted. All contributions are greatly welcome.

The current goal of this kernel is to get the MSMFB from the jb_chocolate branch of CAF to boot fully on this device. Currently the goal of this project is to get past the black screen currently encountered so that we can have proper msm_fb drivers in jellybean and more easily port a 3.4 kernel. The current URL for the work (and booting caf drivers is here NOTE: Booting drivers means booting with a black screen.) We must properly initalize the panel of this device, but as soon as that is accomplished there will not be any problems with jellybean vsync.

Major Changes:
    Code:
    Add gerrit script to allow others to contribute to kernel code
    compiled with cfx 3.8.1 toolchain
    Fix Makefile flags so that kernel compiles on 4.8 GCC toolchains
    Add google snappy 
    add -fno-pic flag for some compilers to fix wifi module
    fix jb-4.2.2 no booting issue with MSMFB
    Add XZ compression
    patch to 3.0.67
    Fix multitouch issue
    Add cflags to optimize the code such as cortex9 and funloop
    add primou board files
    fix wakelock of bluetooth (caused bad battery life)
    add new KGSL drivers for jellybean
    fix compile warnings in 3.0.56 for gcc 4.6 (google prebuilt)
    patch to 3.0.56
    fix bluetooth in kernel
    add overclock
    fix warnings

Installation guide:
    Use this awesome guide by the helpful cybervibin

How to compile:
    1) download this tested toolchain
    2) get kernel source here (Current branch is "jellybean-4.2")
    3) put the toolchain in your $HOME directory
    4) be sure your system has all the dependencies to build a kernel (system-devel, gcc, ect)
    5) cd to the kernel source
    6) issue the command `make ARCH=arm primoc_defconfig` NOTE: If building for gsm, primou_defconfig should be used
    7) issue the command `make -j4 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=`echo "$HOME/prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-eabi-4.8/bin/arm-eabi`"`
    8) grab the kernel from arch/arm/boot/zImage and the modules from drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmdhd.ko
    9) create a boot.img with either mkbootimg and mkbootfs or android kitchen (Android kitchen is reccomended)
    NOTE:
    mkbootimg flags:
    primoC base is 0x14300000 and ramdisk is 0x15300000
    primoU base is 0x13f00000 and ramdisk is 0x14f00000
    command line for both is console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8

Source:
    here Current branch "jellybean-4.2"
    Any bug reports should be posted here

Downloads:
    Primoc V42 for 4.2.2 roms (ION) -> Here
    MD5: fa0e631d340f06e67ebfeed5f2ed99f7

Primou V42 for 4.2.2 (PMEM) -> Here
    MD5: d275623756c850b0936323d90292f9b4

maxwen
    jmztaylor
    synergy (CFX 4.8.1 toolchain)
    lloir
    tehwafflez (for buying me a wonderful bus pirate)
    BeyondExistence
    Check the OP. Theres a guide in there now for compiling. Also, OP updated with new primoc and primou kernel boot.img's for 4.2.2 enjoy guys! Changelog also updated :)
    Okay guys I may support sense in a next kernel. Im going to be doing a lot of school first but I think I will port sense with ICS 4.0.4 for VM with tetheting and such. I also may try to go back and port a sense with 4.1 after pmem ion and msmfb are sorted since I'm the only dev left for CDMA. I won't be taking over cyanogen 10 and if someone wants they can do 9 but I will be porting a ROM over. I'm on a new ROM team. Hopefully we can have the one v up and running well before may on that ROM

Got the bus pirate guys. Working on getting UART active

hi ,

can i use this with stock rom ?? htc ove v primo U

My goal is to make this phone an aosp phone that easily will go to the newer android releases and be bug less in a short period of its portage to the new tree. For this reason I saw it fit to discontinue 4.0.4 and sense. Jellybean 4.1.2 and 4.2 are under active development and under a hopeful bug less window of before the release of keylime.