[Q] Jumping ship from 4.3 to 4.4 including bootloader

Search This thread

nofroyo

Sep 20, 2011
Sacramento
Quick question im considering jumping ship from my old 4.3 bootloader to 4.4 via oden. Any reason to go to current version rather stay?

bryanthomas007

Dec 22, 2008
Lawrence
I've gotten better battery life and a snappier processor on Kit Kat. I'm currently running Jedi Elite with Compulsion Kernel.

sent from my T~ Mobile Galaxy Note 3

nofroyo

Sep 20, 2011
Sacramento
I guess the only reason why i haven't made the jump to 4.4 bootloader is due to not being able go back to 4.3 custom roms. That's why im trying to see if it worth it or not.

Gearshift

Apr 2, 2014
Dallas, TX
Yea since you updated via odin your baseband aka modem has been updated. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm actually an AT&T N3 user, but about to get a tmobile and just change my apn's because of the locked bootloader situation with kitkat, but is there documentation on why its currently impossible to downgrade the bootloader from 4.4.2 to 4.3? Ran a search but maybe didnt use the right terms. fuse 3 issue?

nofroyo

Sep 20, 2011
Sacramento
I'm actually an AT&T N3 user, but about to get a tmobile and just change my apn's because of the locked bootloader situation with kitkat, but is there documentation on why its currently impossible to downgrade the bootloader from 4.4.2 to 4.3? Ran a search but maybe didnt use the right terms. fuse 3 issue?

Not sure if it was ever explained, all I know is once you move to official 4.4 in stock with no root or OTA it changes the bootloader. The only answer I gotten about going to 4.3 on a 4.4 BL is that any 4.3 roms are not compatible with 4.4 BL. I know it won't allow you to downgrade via odin, but not sure why it wont work with custom recovery and rom. Hopefully we will get that functionally soon. Thats why im so stubborn on keeping 4.3 BL.

Top Liked Posts