Pebble Smartwatch

Search This thread

jweb92

Apr 9, 2013
Anyone check these out or considering getting one I think it'd be cool to have with my s4 since it's waterproof and vibrates when you're getting calls I just don't know if I'd wanna drop 150 on it

jax5ter

Sep 6, 2011
Kansas city
Anyone check these out or considering getting one I think it'd be cool to have with my s4 since it's waterproof and vibrates when you're getting calls I just don't know if I'd wanna drop 150 on it

I'd consider pebble being out dated, and i didnt think pebble was waterproof? Look into Agent smart watch I'd buy that! Or just wait till fall there will be better and more smart watches out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

v3rn

Dec 20, 2009
Boston
The Pebble is just so ugly. I'm waiting to see the new Sony Smart watch 2, which is also $150. And I think Samsung or Google will be coming out with one soon.

zaki67

Sep 12, 2005
Amman
I have it and it is nice but I am suffering with the phones battery life without having the bluetooth on all the time so I hardly use it anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

poqeteer

Nov 28, 2006
San Francisco
I'm a bit wristwatch obsessed... It's a bad habit, worse than the phone habit, it is actually more expensive.

Looked at it and considered doing the kickstarter thing but ultimately decided it was more gadget than functional. There were/are watches/bracelets that monitor calls and messages already that were/are cheaper. I just think it really isn't that sophisticated. I'd wait and see what comes out. Seems to be a lot of interest from a lot of vendors.

Just my 2 cents.

jweb92

Apr 9, 2013
Yeah my bday isn't until September so hopefully Samsung has one out by then I want someone to get me either a smart watch or johnny walker blue label since it's my 21st lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

ninjatek

May 14, 2009
I have one and I love it, but that's because I wasn't looking for another android device or computer on my wrist. i wanted a smartwatch. It receives notifications from my phone, with augmented smartwatch you get a ton of control over what it sends, you can run tasker tasks with it, also runkeeper will display pace and time info on it automatically.
The standalone watchapps work great for me too. Countdown timer that vibrates alone is a giant boon for me since I do standup comedy, so I don't have to watch for the light at the 1 minute warning I can just let my wrist buzz and know i need to wrap up without burning the light.
And it is waterproof, which is great I can control my phone's music playlist from the shower, also if I go to a spa or something I get my notifications. With Bluetooth 4.0 BLE support drain should be minimal.

Is it for everyone, no. Is it just right for me for now. Totally.
However I am a tech whore early adopter so if google comes out with something I'll probably buy it and then the wife get's a new to her toy, which she doesn't mind at all.

Reactions: 6jaipur6 and jweb92

KegRaider

Dec 1, 2012
Townsville

I have the Pebble watch, married to my recently purchased S4. Previously it was paried with my HTC Desire (Bravo) with Cyanogenmod.
The initial setup was a bit stranger than the HTC, but eventually worked.
Now with the pebble notification enabled in the "Accessabilty, Services" section, the stupid "Talkback" option seems to be on, and speak "Webpage Loaded" and stuff with the default browser. Even with toggling it on and off, the stupid thing just keeps speaking. Using Chrome browser stops the voicing, but it's annoying as hell.

Either way, I don't notice any noticable battery drop in my daily use. I am up at 4:15am and disconnect the charger, go to the gym then work, then gym again. By the time i put the phone back on charge at about 8:30pm, i have about 18% battery left. That's fine by me.

-KegRaider.

@xDeepS

Sep 17, 2010
Dubai
deepsoni.me
I have the Pebble watch, married to my recently purchased S4. Previously it was paried with my HTC Desire (Bravo) with Cyanogenmod.
The initial setup was a bit stranger than the HTC, but eventually worked.
Now with the pebble notification enabled in the "Accessabilty, Services" section, the stupid "Talkback" option seems to be on, and speak "Webpage Loaded" and stuff with the default browser. Even with toggling it on and off, the stupid thing just keeps speaking. Using Chrome browser stops the voicing, but it's annoying as hell.

Either way, I don't notice any noticable battery drop in my daily use. I am up at 4:15am and disconnect the charger, go to the gym then work, then gym again. By the time i put the phone back on charge at about 8:30pm, i have about 18% battery left. That's fine by me.

-KegRaider.

Oh let me make the talkback issue worse for you.

If you go to your gallery the top bar won't hide either. Its a bug in TouchWiz and Samsung hasn't fixed it since the S3. Oh and I doubt you eye tracking works either.

Caferacer

Jul 18, 2007
I considered getting one, but wanted to find something with a larger bezel. The bezel and thickness of the pebble is just too little!

Oh, and supporting a company that's been screwing over it's backers for over a year isn't my cup of tea.

KegRaider

Dec 1, 2012
Townsville
Oh let me make the talkback issue worse for you.

If you go to your gallery the top bar won't hide either. Its a bug in TouchWiz and Samsung hasn't fixed it since the S3. Oh and I doubt you eye tracking works either.

Yeh, I tried the eye tracking and it was crap. I'm not really that phased by it. The hand swipe is a bit of **** too. I'm a lot over touchwiz, so after reading around a bit, installed Nova last night. Much better :) Best idea so far. Now I can change the task launcher to how I want it to look, not what Samsung want it to look like.

Funny, I was tossing up for days over getting the S4 or HTC One. I thought I made the right choice...... oh well, you live and learn.

ahfunaki

May 16, 2006
I have pebble watch. Everything is perfect. Just delete talkback.apk other wise that **** will talk all the time

I am going to look into this!

I just picked up a Pebble since they now sell them at Best Buy. So far so good. Not really noticing any drain on battery or anything either...

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
I am going to look into this!

I just picked up a Pebble since they now sell them at Best Buy. So far so good. Not really noticing any drain on battery or anything either...

Oh I have them long time ago...(Kick stand edition)
Trust me the watch is much better then shi_tty sony smartwatch.

Many things why I like pebble more. First belt of SmartWatch getting dusty with out reason. The color display is cool, but it have a bad responding. The battery is bad also. So I gave to the friend and bought pebble watch before it released.
The watch is very stable. Battery is superior good. The design is very lux. After 5 months I still love it.
And there is no battery drain or stuff like that.

Last edited:

ahfunaki

May 16, 2006
Oh I have them long time ago...(Kick stand edition)
Trust me the watch is much better then shi_tty sony smartwatch.

Many things why I like pebble more. First belt of SmartWatch getting dusty with out reason. The color display is cool, but it have a bad responding. The battery is bad also. So I gave to the friend and bought pebble watch before before it released.
The watch is very stable. Battery is superior good. The design is very lux. After 5 months I still love it.
And there is no battery drain or stuff like that.

Can you point me to a how to on how to remove talkback? I've been looking since I posted and can't seem to find the file on my phone to delete it.

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Can you point me to a how to on how to remove talkback? I've been looking since I posted and can't seem to find the file on my phone to delete it.

Sure.

You need a root.
By root explorer (or similar app)
go to:

System>>>App>>>and delete talkback>>>restart device.

(You can always get this app from market play if you need it)

ahfunaki

May 16, 2006
Sure.

You need a root.
By root explorer (or similar app)
go to:

System>>>App>>>and delete talkback>>>restart device.

(You can always get this app from market play if you need it)

I'm not seeing talkback.apk, the only thing I see is talk.apk and I'm pretty sure that's not what I want to remove.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one and I love it, but that's because I wasn't looking for another android device or computer on my wrist. i wanted a smartwatch. It receives notifications from my phone, with augmented smartwatch you get a ton of control over what it sends, you can run tasker tasks with it, also runkeeper will display pace and time info on it automatically.
    The standalone watchapps work great for me too. Countdown timer that vibrates alone is a giant boon for me since I do standup comedy, so I don't have to watch for the light at the 1 minute warning I can just let my wrist buzz and know i need to wrap up without burning the light.
    And it is waterproof, which is great I can control my phone's music playlist from the shower, also if I go to a spa or something I get my notifications. With Bluetooth 4.0 BLE support drain should be minimal.

Is it for everyone, no. Is it just right for me for now. Totally.
    However I am a tech whore early adopter so if google comes out with something I'll probably buy it and then the wife get's a new to her toy, which she doesn't mind at all.
    I wonder how it's still talking to me then???

What !!:eek: lol
    Ok check the Application manager. Maybe you will find this installed ****ty app there :confused:
    What !!:eek: lol
    Ok check the Application manager. Maybe you will find this installed ****ty app there :confused:

I'll do some more research. Thank you for your help!

FYI... Here is another one for you to take a look at...

KREYOS: The ONLY Smartwatch With Voice & Gesture Control

It appears to be a bit more sophisticated then the pebble with at least it has more sensors built in. Seems to also be ahead of where pebble was at the same point, so it may deliver on time? And since it is still in the funding stage you can get it for only $119 :rolleyes: