G2X owners - READ THIS!

Search This thread

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
I rooted mine with the SuperOneClick method, but I'm not able to get into recovery with Rom Manager or by holding down the power and volume down. I'm wondering if I'm not completely rooted. Any ideas?

Don't think a recovery has been set up for our phone yet, will be coming very soon. Just go to market and download a app that requires root, click on it and see if you are asked for superuser permission, click yes of course and id so you are rooted. We will have Rom manager working for us very soon, I hope. Should be getting my G2X sometime today, waiting for the damn UPS truck as I type this in. Good Luck.
PS Make sure you reboot your phone after you use the super one click. Then you should be set to go.

pdxmatts

Aug 23, 2010
Portland
www.pinstack.com
Don't think a recovery has been set up for our phone yet, will be coming very soon. Just go to market and download a app that requires root, click on it and see if you are asked for superuser permission, click yes of course and id so you are rooted. We will have Rom manager working for us very soon, I hope. Should be getting my G2X sometime today, waiting for the damn UPS truck as I type this in. Good Luck.
PS Make sure you reboot your phone after you use the super one click. Then you should be set to go.

Thank you for the very nice response. I do have super user and titanium back up working, so I will wait patiently for Rom Manager :)

cjazz108

Feb 26, 2011
Hey guys am I bricked?

Hate to say it, but was not smart and did the recovery flash on my g2x. Am I bricked?

Could explain it, probably my lack of sleep last 3 nights... whatever.

Any advice?

I'm trying to boot up with vol down... but it looks stuck on s/w upgrade. Any help appreciated... and beer will be forth coming.

cjazz108

Feb 26, 2011
Hate to say it, but was not smart and did the recovery flash on my g2x. Am I bricked?

Could explain it, probably my lack of sleep last 3 nights... whatever.

Any advice?

I'm trying to boot up with vol down... but it looks stuck on s/w upgrade. Any help appreciated... and beer will be forth coming.
For what its worth... pulled battery as last resort. held down vol down on next boot... and reflashed back to factory.

Very friendly phone :). Hopefully my stupidity will help someone else.

gilbert11231123

Jan 17, 2008
Phoenix
how do u guys feel about the g2x just having 512mb of ram ?will this affect what roms we will b able to load in to the device ? my hd2 has 1gb and after froyo rom i have only 400 mb left , and i see the european hd2 have only 512mb and they are limited to lite vertions of roms if any, just wondering if this would b the case with the g2x .......

EtherealRemnant

how do u guys feel about the g2x just having 512mb of ram ?will this affect what roms we will b able to load in to the device ? my hd2 has 1gb and after froyo rom i have only 400 mb left , and i see the european hd2 have only 512mb and they are limited to lite vertions of roms if any, just wondering if this would b the case with the g2x .......

RAM and ROM are entirely different beasts. 512MB of RAM is on the low side but I don't see that being a bottleneck in the immediate future.

As for ROM, this phone has approximately 1.5GB usable internal storage, not including the partition for the OS.

Specs straight from HTC on the HD2:

ROM 1GB;
RAM 576MB

There is more RAM but that figure includes the RAM dedicated to the Adreno 200 graphics in the phone.

RAM is for running apps, ROM is for storing them.

Last edited:

gilbert11231123

Jan 17, 2008
Phoenix
RAM and ROM are entirely different beasts. 512MB of RAM is on the low side but I don't see that being a bottleneck in the immediate future.

As for ROM, this phone has approximately 1.5GB usable internal storage, not including the partition for the OS.

ROM 1GB;
RAM 576MB

There is more RAM but that figure includes the RAM dedicated to the Adreno 200 graphics in the phone.

thx for your quick response i guess u r right 54 extra mb is not a huge difference i will upgrade to the g2x and give it a try ......

bgolden84

Sep 24, 2009
franklin N.C:
what a beast

this is by far the biggest beast in the android realm as far as i am concerned. This phone is stellar
:D:D i dont miss my mytouch 4g at all

N1user

Feb 19, 2010
Well, I didnt find this post quick enough. I tried install Modaco rom withough understanding the diff between Optimus 2x and G2x. Needless to say, im semi bricked and no radio. (i can run a p990 rom, but no baseband radio).

How can I achieve the following?
Aguire, reinstall baseband radio for G2x (P999)
Appy the STOCK G2X rom, (and realign the dataspaces/partions)

Ive got rooting down to a snap, as well as CWM. I tried restoring from backup, But I end up in a reboot loop.

Ive tried reading through different threads/posts/forums, and end up confusing myself.

Outlaw71

Dec 9, 2010
Outlawville *****es!
Good info, glad I stumbled upon this!

It was my understanding that the 2X and G2x were identical devices. So I figured what ever they were doing with the 2X, we could also do with our G2x. In fact over on Phandroid they don't have separate forums for the two devices, both owners post in the 'LG Optimus 2X' forum.

So when I got over here and saw that they were separated I thought to myself, "what's up with that"? Now it all makes sense. Glad I didn't go into the 2X section first and try to flash one of their ROMs.

That wouldn't have turned out very good for me.

Chinpokomon

Feb 9, 2009

ROM 1GB;
RAM 576MB

The European HD2 is a different beast than the TMOUS version. T-Mobile has more RAM and was quite a significant improvement...

Not a bad device, and better IMO with Android. ;-) I think it had great hardware, and even though I worked on Swype for it, WM6.5 really limited its potential.

KeePeeR26

Apr 1, 2011
Verona
Good info, glad I stumbled upon this!

It was my understanding that the 2X and G2x were identical devices. So I figured what ever they were doing with the 2X, we could also do with our G2x. In fact over on Phandroid they don't have separate forums for the two devices, both owners post in the 'LG Optimus 2X' forum.

So when I got over here and saw that they were separated I thought to myself, "what's up with that"? Now it all makes sense. Glad I didn't go into the 2X section first and try to flash one of their ROMs.

That wouldn't have turned out very good for me.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LGO2XPrb/petition.html

nucentury08

Jan 24, 2008
Helpp

i raNVflash everything was working fine then my phone shutoff now it wont power back on i have no sd card in at all but if i pull the battery and hold up and down and plug in the cable to the computer i hear it look for the driver is that a good thing ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G2X owners...

• Do NOT flash a Optimus 2X baseband onto your G2X. It will remove all phone functionality (I am working on obtaining a P999 baseband so you can revert if you've done this).
    • Do NOT use my recovery installer or recovery reboot app at this time - recovery is on a different partition in the G2X. I will update the installed and app to add G2X compatability soon.
    Could a mod sticky this as it's VERY important information?

P
    G2X owners...

• Do NOT flash a Optimus 2X baseband onto your G2X. It will remove all phone functionality (I am working on obtaining a P999 baseband so you can revert if you've done this).
    • Do NOT use my recovery installer or recovery reboot app at this time - recovery is on a different partition in the G2X. I will update the installed and app to add G2X compatability soon.
    Could a mod sticky this as it's VERY important information?

P

So basically - we can root the phone using the info from the 2X but no custom ROMs until this issue gets fixed?

As long as I can root it the second I get it and remove all the T-Mo bloat (except for Wifi Calling, I happen to love that feature), I can be patient before flashing custom ROMs and kernels and such. Apparently the G2x, being stock Android, performs pretty damn well out of the box anyway.
    I Don't understand, I have LG logo on front and google stamp on the Back.

But under the cover it's written, LG-P999DW

Do i have a G2x or O2x...

You have the G2x. The framework is different for both phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
    Using G2X and O2X is not the proper way to refer to these devices. There are three variants made by LG. One is the P999 and is known as the G2X for TMO USA only and as 2X in Canada. The P990 is the 2X device for the rest of the world except Korea, who have the SU660. People should stop referring to G2X and O2X and refer to P990, P999 and SU660 to avoid confusion and flashing the wrong rom. You have a P999 device, commonly referred to as the G2X on this forum.
    I read this thread after i flashed o2x rom to my G2x :(

If you just flashed a rom you might be ok if it did not flash the baseband, but your partitions might be all screwed up. Try flashing a G2X rom and see if it fixes it. If not, then search for the thread for KDZ restore and follow that method. As long as you did not flash an O2X baseband to your device it should be ok. If you used Smartflash and flashed a baseband the KDZ method should still be able to fix it. Always check model number before flashing, not name. There are three versions of the hardware; P990, P999 and SU660. All have different roms.