New Google Camera on Play Store

Search This thread

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Anyone on outlay tried it yet? It's got a new refreshed design and fixed bugs and can be downloaded straight from the play store to any 4.4 or over device. In currently on jelly bean so I haven't tried it yet

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Now that I'm on kitkat I tried it and its pretty nice. Only issue for me is I can't turn off the shutter sound even when the phone is in silent mode which is annoying for me. I hope lg starts adding it's apps to the play store and updating then from there. It'd be nice to see an improved camera app from them

grehdaemon

Jan 3, 2011
I'm kind of digging on the Google camera right now. Photosphere, a working HDR, and the face blur thing is pretty sweet.

On the most recent carbon build and the camera is flawless so far

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I'm kind of digging on the Google camera right now. Photosphere, a working HDR, and the face blur thing is pretty sweet.

On the most recent carbon build and the camera is flawless so far

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Do you know how to turn off the shutter sound?

tonybahr

Jun 8, 2010
Wierd I just installed it. It's the nexus 7 one right? I hit the icon and it brings up my stock lg one.
edit: I'm slow. Haha I found the right one.

Last edited:

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Can anyone tell me how to shut off shutter sound? I saw stuff about deleting a line in system files but this is installed as a user app so I'm not sure how. Would it have to be decompiled and edited?

hardheart1

Jul 12, 2013
Can anyone tell me how to shut off shutter sound? I saw stuff about deleting a line in system files but this is installed as a user app so I'm not sure how. Would it have to be decompiled and edited?

I'm on CM11 based on 4.4.2 by JackpotCalvin with this installed and I don't have a shutter sound...I don't even know how to turn it on.

I know I have my shutter sound turned off on the stock camera, and my sound profile set to vibrate, and my sound turned off for music/video/etc, if that helps.

wethead4

Feb 5, 2008

You would need to be rooted. Use root browser or some other browser application that can access the system directory. go to system/media/audio/ui and rename the camera_click.ogg sound to something else.