Xoom with ICS 4.04 - Hdmi out appears cropped!?

Search This thread

Tikal769

Apr 19, 2012
Wondering if anyone else is having my problem?

If i can remember right, my hdmi out to my tv would completely mirror my xoom screen. This was when i first got ICS 4.0.

Now i have had the updated 4.04 since release, but i noticed my hdmi out to tv appears to be cropped. The screen appears to be zoomed in and it is not mirroring my xoom screen anymore.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there some kind of setting that i need to change?

Also would my hdmi connector cord cause this? I am using a different cord then before?

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK

If i can remember right, my hdmi out to my tv would completely mirror my xoom screen. This was when i first got ICS 4.0.

Now i have had the updated 4.04 since release, but i noticed my hdmi out to tv appears to be cropped. The screen appears to be zoomed in and it is not mirroring my xoom screen anymore.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there some kind of setting that i need to change?

Also would my hdmi connector cord cause this? I am using a different cord then before?

Try turning off overscanning on your tv

rubber guard

Aug 22, 2010
Austin
same problem with me (and tried adjusting screen aspect ratio) doesn't show system/notification bar and a slight amount of screen real estate above it. I can see all of the first row of icons though, just nothing below them.

stiflingcobra

Nov 7, 2010
Same problem for me... Missing half the icons on left and right hand side...

Very noticable when watching videos as well....

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Just an fyi guys its a TV thing, I have two TVs on one I can change and adjust the picture size and aspect ratio and no matter what its cropped and cuts off left right top and bottom... however on a newer insignia I have I can have it set to 16/9 and it cuts everything off as well, however if I turn it to "fit scree " I have the hole picture without any missing area

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stiflingcobra

Nov 7, 2010
I would agree but my HDMI socket is shared between my xbox/blu-ray and Xoom and the others are fine.. no cropping at all only the Xoom has the problem...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I would agree but my HDMI socket is shared between my xbox/blu-ray and Xoom and the others are fine.. no cropping at all only the Xoom has the problem...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

If u look close enough it does, u just can't tell because how do u know what "should be displayed if u don't ever see it, the only reason u say it does it only on the Xoom is because u know what should be there.
I deal with this on a daily basis,

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jvaiguade

Feb 19, 2013

motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/63776/kw/hdmi/p/7901%2C8013

HDMI Mirror mode
When using HDMI, the bottom 80 pixels of the display where the navigation keys and notification menu are displayed is not projected on the external display. This is done by design and is not a defect with either the device or the external display

Last edited:
Just got a work and play kit for my Xoom 2 ME and it does the same thing. Bit of a shame really, I hear notifications come in but either have to look at my phone or recognise the notification sound to try and find em.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Although I can just put my mouse in the bottom right and click, doh!

Warbuff

Jul 23, 2010
New York
Find what your TV manufacture calls over scanning and turn it off. In my lg the option to turn off is to select just scan. FYI you should do this anyways in order to get true pixel mapping from all your sources

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app