[Q&A] Optimus G Vanilla RootBox [UNOFFICIAL] - houstonn

Search This thread

bassitone

Dec 28, 2012
St. Louis
Does anyone know how to reduce the intensity of the vibration when typing? It seems a bit too much as it is...

Pecked by the AOKP/CM/PA unicorn

demdex

May 26, 2010
Castries
NFC problems

Is there a NFC fix, tried to flash one but my NFC is still broken . Need some help trying to get it working:(

Also have issue with my 64 GB SDCARD it was not recognized until i formatted it with the phone, then it is not seen when plugged to the computer

Last edited:

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Is there a NFC fix, tried to flash one but my NFC is still broken . Need some help trying to get it working:(

Also have issue with my 64 GB SDCARD it was not recognized until i formatted it with the phone, then it is not seen when plugged to the computer

Just checking but you didn't try and use wallet did you? That breaks nfc really well haha

Sent from my Nexus G LTE

ph0dacbeit

Feb 27, 2011
Minneapolis
I'm most likely dumb and browsed the 5 pages for an answer. With no luck, I am asking you guys if there's a way to make the top status bar solid, instead of being transparent?

Thank you

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
For those of you with dialer issues, are you all using stock dialer? I'm pretty sure it's a known aokp issue, but I know personally I was seeing a lot more issues when I was using exDialer. Stock dialer has issues, but not as many it seems.

I've had two issues when using the stock dialer (not using any other dialer)
1 - it'll occasionally drop a call just after you hit send. the radio icon will go from full bars to zero bars...redial and it comes back to full bars and the call goes thru.
2 - have issues when i put phone between shoulder and ear to talk no handed...the screen keeps waking up and pressing buttons. this happened occasionally in the past, but since i loaded up RootBox it happens every time.

both are irritants and not deal killers. at least on my end of the line. :cool:

NFC is not working for me either.

slack_biggins

Dec 1, 2012
Yeah almost the exact same thing happened to me. Got a soft reboot, when it came back up about 30 seconds later i got a hard reboot then my wallpaper reverted back to the Plasma Live Wallpaper. The other kernel is stable for me too.

This is good to know. Its not a big deal to me either but at least I know its not an isolated issue and will most likely be fix some time in the future.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

pfoxdizzle, in the development thread, said that changing the value of ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple from 0 to 1 fixed the issue for him, but it didn't work for me.

glui

Mar 22, 2013
Issues

Hi I'm new to this type of thing

but just out of what i've been reading, issues are around NFC and dialer?
is there anything else?

And would you recommend this rom? i really like everything thats been put into it but havent decided if pros tromps the cons...
sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, not really sure where i was supposed to put it.

TangoXray

Dec 27, 2012
McAllen, TX
Hi I'm new to this type of thing

but just out of what i've been reading, issues are around NFC and dialer?
is there anything else?

And would you recommend this rom? i really like everything thats been put into it but havent decided if pros tromps the cons...
sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, not really sure where i was supposed to put it.

Dialer bug is really a non issue. In my case at least, I place a call like normal and once the dialer goes away simply pull it from the notification tray.

This rom has a taste of all the other Roms in oneone. Unless you absolutely need NFC, which I don't, I would say flash it!

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

glui

Mar 22, 2013
Dialer bug is really a non issue. In my case at least, I place a call like normal and once the dialer goes away simply pull it from the notification tray.

This rom has a taste of all the other Roms in oneone. Unless you absolutely need NFC, which I don't, I would say flash it!

Thank you so much i've been doing as much research as possible since i have to put it back to jb stock the crazy way

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

actually i was also wondering how battery friendly this rom was

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for
    Questions & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

houstonn's[ROM] Optimus G Vanilla RootBox [UNOFFICIAL]
    HeaderRootbox2.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
    This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help
    while using this specific ROM.​
    [/SIZE]

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Optimus G Vanilla RootBox [UNOFFICIAL]

PLEASE make sure to thank developer for the dedication to this ROM

*​

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter.
    How do you turn off pie controls? Pie + buttons = bleh lol.

I don't think you can yet. we've tried for a few builds now and can't seem to get it to fully turn off. I usually just move it to the left side.

Is the T9 dialer working for you guys? It hasn't worked for me for the last couple of builds. Would love it if someone had a fix (or if you could recommend an alternative dialer to use in the meantime).

Obviously you dirty flashed (which is unsupported) and had you clean flashed every last couple of builds it would of worked. If you dirty flash and it doesn't work, would it make sense that the next build after you dirty flash that it would? If anyone dirty flashes and has problems! What is the first thing ppl do ? They try and clear cache. So go and clear cache for contacts storage and contacts app.

Ppl tend to say it takes too long to fresh install and do a clean wipe, yet it takes them sometimes hours to post wait for answer or searching for a fix when a fresh install could of saved all that time and trouble and may possibly be done in a quicker time

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
    Does Rootbox not support exFAT? If so, is there anyway I can enable it? I just tried a 32GB SanDisk Ultra HC1 microSD, formatted in exFAT, and it showed up as blank.

EDIT: I'm on stock kernel, if that makes a difference, running the latest build (5/13) of Vanilla Rootbox. Should I switch to Houcha kernel?

No, it is not natively supported in any aosp Rom. Nor is it dependent on your kernel. Yes, you can enable it.
    You can use this:
    Exfat sd in aosp
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2181460

You'll need to flash it each time you upgrade your ROM.
    LPP

The geeb is for e970 att , geehcr must be for Canadian phones.

Geehrc is for 13mp cam . like all the E975 E977 E976 international lgog

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 2