[GUIDE] Root + Nandroid Backup/Restore with Open Recovery

Search This thread

itestai

May 18, 2009
I really need help!

i got the milestone from a friend, a used and broked one.
i open it up and fix it.
but there´s the problem.

I dont have the power button, and i cant get on the bootloader screen. so, i cant put any rom i want! =~~
i need help with that.

the phone is working.
When i try to put any thing on the RSD lite, i got the erro 0x7927 error (when im put the vulnerable thing too)
When i try to put the update from the phone, (i try many diferentes files) i got the EOCLD error.

i thing the problem is the bootloader missing! with dose, i think i'll be able to do any thing on rsd without error.

like... when i try to press up when the phone reboots, it just show me a black (with little light) screen, takes a couple min and get me back to M logo and the phone start android normal...

i try all most every thing, peoples on other foruns say to me take the phone to assistence, but i have no warranti any more! ^^

any one knows a way to get the bootloader back?
i try to use apks like quickboot and that kind of stuff, but they do the same, black screen then start android.

any sugestions?
tks! ^^

Versão do firmware:
2.1-update1
Versão de config. Firmware:
GAS_LA_USASHLSRETBRAT_PO29
Versão da banda de base:
3gsmepu91a_u_91.07.50i
Versão config. banda base:
USASHLSRETBRALA02C.0R
Versão Karnel:
2.6.29-omap1
bmqr67@ca25rhe74#1
Numero da versão:
SHLA_u2_03.05.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's Open Recovery....

openrcvr112d.png

New super user app

attachment.php

MOD EDIT (dsixda): Updated instructions follow -

Instructions

Requirements:
    • Motorola Milestone with Android 2.0 or higher
    • If you have a Milestone with Android 2.1 or higher OR you have a Telus Milestone (with Android 2.0.1 or higher), then follow these steps to ensure you have downgraded to the vulnerable recovery with exploit (thanks to Ireas for these instructions):
      1. For this we need a Only-Recovery SBF file which we can flash via RSD Lite
      2. First install the USB drivers from Motorola
      3. Then you need the RSD Lite Tool | Linux machines can use the linux flasher (created by [mbm])
      4. And the Recovery-Only SBF (which will downgrade the Recovery Partition and not the system)
      5. Start the RSD Lite, select the SBF file
      6. Plug in your phone (while it's off)
      7. Go into the Bootloader Mode by holding UP (on the hardware keyboard) and press Power-On for 2-3 seconds
      8. Now select your phone which should be now visible in the RSD Lite tool
      9. Press Start
      10. The phone will reboot 1-3 times during the downgrade process. DO NOT unplug it

Usage:
    1. Download Open Recovery (choose one):
    2. Extract the contents to the root of your SD card.
    3. Reboot your phone into recovery menu:
      1. Turn off phone
      2. Press Camera button, then press Power. Hold them both till you see recovery screen. (If this doesn't work, open the keyboard and try X + Power)
      3. Press Volume Up and Camera button at the same time till you see the recovery menu.
      4. NOTE: If you get an error about "EOCD Marker" at this point, that means you did not flash the vulnerable recovery properly. Go back to previous section, re-flash vulnerable recovery with RSD Lite, and after it reboots, turn off the system. Keep the USB plugged in to the PC. Turn it on again while holding down the keyboard Up key. RSD Lite should now indicate "PASS".
    4. Apply the update.zip
    5. You are now in Open Recovery. You can now root the phone, do Nandroid backup/restore etc.
    links are dead.
    Hi !
    First of all thanks for the great tutorials in this great community! I´ve already rooted and customized various HTC´s and I´m very happy with them =) Thanks alot for your great work down there!
    But since yesterday i´ve got a problem i can´t handle:
    Bought me a milestone with 2.1 update 1 (with regular manual installed update from the previous owner) and i´m simply not able to use, or root it via open recovery. After flashing the vulnerable sbf via rsd (while doing that i have to repower manually through power + up key while the phone is disconnected) rsd shows me pass. I reboot into recovery, but still got that eocd error which makes it impossible for me to get into openrecovery. I managed to root the milestone via 1 click app, but i´d like to do a nandroid backup what is not possible using rom manager.
    Any suggestions ?
    May i try to downgrade to a non service 2.0 sbf ?

Thanks for your help

http://android.doshaska.net/rootable

Have tried this one?

You may have a version of 2.1 that automatically reflashes stock recovery when you're not looking. There's info on fixing that.
    Alright then, it shouldn't be that bad to get it up an running. The hardest part is flashing the VR and getting AOR running. After that it's all a piece of cake :D