[A51X/A70X aka Picasso 2][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.1.1-0

Search This thread

HornetRider

Oct 1, 2010
Bremen
try running /lvm/sbin/setuplvmsystem.sh from within twrp terminal in advanced section you may can redirect the output via /lvm/sbin/setuplvmsystem.sh > /sdcard/lvm.txt and post it in the twrp thread due to ot :p this way we may determine it ;)

On my A510 is running CM11 M9 LVM

- Redownloadet TWRP Bigsystem
- flashed with Flashify
- bootet into TWRP

Result: /system is formated

- Flashed CM11 M9 LVM and Gapps
- bootet into OS
- shut down and
- rebootet again into TWRP

The same result: /system is formated (I did nothing in TWRP)

Made some pictures:
urutugup.jpg

ze6e8u6a.jpg

qysube2a.jpg

I'll upload the Logfiles in a few minutes.

Last edited:

HornetRider

Oct 1, 2010
Bremen
I never make soft reboots, when I test something (this option is hidden in my CM11 shutdown menu [emoji6])

I did it two times again.

After boot into TWRP (/system was deleted again):
pe9y4a6u.jpg

After I flashed CM11 and Gapps:
qygyveju.jpg

Last edited:

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
I never make soft reboots, when I test something (this option is hidden in my CM11 shutdown menu [emoji6])

I did it two times again.

After boot into TWRP (/system was deleted again):
pe9y4a6u.jpg

After I flashed CM11 and Gapps:
qygyveju.jpg
Sorry for letting you do it that often :/ there should be some more lines. Somehow the write process to lvm.txt gets interrupted and my question was if it does a sudden reboot itself at this point but I suggest not. Maybe a buffer issue no clue. So when you just execute the script without redirecting and post the recovery log it may be complete :)

cyberdroidXDA

May 20, 2013
Thats strange... I ran the command as suggested but for any reason, the TWRP show me that no OS is installed and no SU can be found...WTF? But I didn't change anything :confused:

So, I wiped the cache and dalvik cache and flash ROM, Gapps and custom kernel again. Now it's starting up.

I had the same situation a few weeks ago but I thought I have done sonething stupid but now without changing anything, I believe TWRP is doing something stupid ;).

I have captured two screenshots but you can see the output is the same as in the text file. 1408746697795.jpg1408746721280.jpg

Reactions: Elibl

cyberdroidXDA

May 20, 2013
Sorry, forgot the recovery log....here it comes....

Attachments

• recovery.log.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Elibl

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
Thats strange... I ran the command as suggested but for any reason, the TWRP show me that no OS is installed and no SU can be found...WTF? But I didn't change anything :confused:

So, I wiped the cache and dalvik cache and flash ROM, Gapps and custom kernel again. Now it's starting up.

I had the same situation a few weeks ago but I thought I have done sonething stupid but now without changing anything, I believe TWRP is doing something stupid ;).

I have captured two screenshots but you can see the output is the same as in the text file. View attachment 2908317View attachment 2908318
Ok so it looks like the check in the script succeeds for you both. Sorry am very busy at the moment so I didn't had a brief enough look and it's also already some time ago I did it that's the reason I thought it's incomplete but it is indeed complete it just succeeds^^

So the issue for you both is that the script executes at a time at boot where one check isn't executable yet. Or worst the lvm (logical volume management) partition somehow got corrupted. But I think it's execution time.

I'll need to do some tests maybe I can start the script via late_start class or set another wait somewhere...

Fyi: this line:
Code:
[ -e /dev/lvpool/system ] && $(/lvm/sbin/lvm vgck -v) && $(mount /system) && $(umount -l /system) && exit 0
Checks for the logical system partition availability and is started after wait 4 via init.rc what was way enough in my case

cyberdroidXDA

May 20, 2013
@Elibl
That's not a problem if you don't have the time. I found a workaround to get my tab back recovered without starting from scratch. That means, without wipe all partitions.

At the moment TWRP is working fine. But two times (cannot say which circumstances are necessary) it's loosing the system partition information. Messages like "no OS installed" or "no SU found" were shown.
Reflash the ROM fix the problem.
If that happen again, I will capture the recovery log for you.

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
@Elibl
That's not a problem if you don't have the time. I found a workaround to get my tab back recovered without starting from scratch. That means, without wipe all partitions.

At the moment TWRP is working fine. But two times (cannot say which circumstances are necessary) it's loosing the system partition information. Messages like "no OS installed" or "no SU found" were shown.
Yeah shouldn't be a big deal at all as in most cases you go to recovery to flash a rom...

don't know when I'll find the time may won't be soon but I know now the issue ;)

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
@Elibl

Hi,

And is it ok with CWM ?
I use the same script/code as Elibl in TWRP, but I'm waiting 5s instead of 4.

HornetRider

Oct 1, 2010
Bremen
CWM ist working without any problems on my device. [emoji106]

I Honda CB 1000 R || Acer Iconia A510 | CM11 M9 || Z-Kernel R2+ || Huawei Ascend P6 | B513 || gesendet mit Tapatalk 4 pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi here i bring to you TWRP Touch Recovery.

everything is working

only compatible with roms based on unlegacy-android device tree
    that means most probably all builds after 20170226

since twrp 3.1.0-0 all variants (A510/A511/A700/A701)
    are unified from kernel and rom side and supported by one image file

Installation:

flash it with flashify from play store or via fastboot using following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-picasso2.img

if you're updating from an lvm recovery (bigsystem) you need to format data and system and reboot recovery afterwards

Download:

twrp-3.1.1-0-picasso2.img

Additional info:

official site including changelog

device tree
    kernel
    manifest

Device specific:

look at the device tree it's up to date

Code:
    20170530:
    - update to twrp-3.1.1-0

20170405:
    -unify a51x and a70x to picasso2
    -switch to kernel 3.4
    -leave lvm and just exchange cache and system partitions
     [B][COLOR="Red"]credits to ziyan for this genious idea[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]Important:[/COLOR][INDENT]it will only be compatible with roms based on unlegacy-android device tree
    that means most probably all builds after 20170226[/INDENT][/B]

20140623:
    - lvm implementation to resize system with flex partition

[B][COLOR="Red"]Important:[/COLOR][INDENT]it's only compatible with bigsystem roms at the moment
    only ParanoidAndroid 4.4 from now on and cm11 in the near future[/INDENT][/B]

credits to pawitp and TWRP Team

and huge thanks to ziyan for bringing up 3.4 kernel

just press thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Acer Iconia A700 and A510

Contributors
    Elibl, ziyan, pawitp, shreps

Version Information

Created 2014-07-16
    Last Updated 2017-05-30
    That's true! :p
    It's running well but I'm waiting for an update of my ROM so, than will see how it works ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4
    @Elibl

Yeah shouldn't be a big deal at all as in most cases you go to recovery to flash a rom...

don't know when I'll find the time may won't be soon but I know now the issue ;)
    That will be great, if you can do so. (sry. German's English)

here you go (not tested)

please report back
    Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

TWRP is now installed. Thanks you you help.
    How do i boot in the TWRP when the tablet is off?
    I tried Volume up + power button that didnt work.
    press volume down (2 dot) + power
    first vibrate release power
    second vibrate release volume down (2 dot) + press volume up (1 dot)