[Q] rooted, but freegee doesn't give me option to unlock, where to go?

Search This thread
G

GuestK00434

I've got my OGP rooted, and I installed FreeGee as recommended by many; however, freegee doesn't give me any options to "disable lge security" or "unlock boot loader" as many tutorials point out.

What I get with freegee is:
device name: LG optimus g pro
device model: LG E980
Software version: E98010g
"backup EFS"
"Restor EFS"
"CWM 6.0.4.6"
"TWRP 2.6.3.3"

and via menu:
settings
update loki in zip
reboot recovery
reboot bootloader
shutdown

That's all. No "disable lge security" like I see in this video: I'm to new to post a link. . . youtube video of e980 with "disable lge security" as an option.
Or the option to unlock the boot loader I've read in some tutorials.

So. . . where do I go from here? I would like to be able to safely flash a custom ROM.
I tried this freegee CWM once before and ended up in a boot loop, and ultimately security lock on start up and had to restore back to original via soft brick fix. . . would like to avoid that again :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

stulzerl

Sep 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida
When you open freegee just choose your the recovery of your choice. CWM or TWRP. Make sure you grant permission to the app (assuming you are rooted). Once done to get to recovery what I do it turn off the phone and press volume down and power button, once it turns just press the power button 2-3 times to get to recovery.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestK00434

Thanks

Thanks stulzerl for the reply.

I was working my way through the 33 pages on the freegee thread. . . little confused on the lge security — dev stated everything white listed but also has uploat boot.img, which I've no clue :)

So. . . I guess I'm good without that step and I'll just attempt cwm again with beanstalk. Finger crossed.

G

GuestK00434

CWM worked

Thanks again. . . TWRP didn't work — touch screen would only work on a couple items. CWM worked fine. Backed up and installed Beanstalk ROM.

stfly

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks again. . . TWRP didn't work — touch screen would only work on a couple items. CWM worked fine. Backed up and installed Beanstalk ROM.
I remember when I used Freegee, it didn't give me an unlock option either but after i installed CWM through it and rebooted, I got the unlock successful security error which means it did the unlock automatically.

G

GuestK00434

maybe that's it

I remember when I used Freegee, it didn't give me an unlock option either but after i installed CWM through it and rebooted, I got the unlock successful security error which means it did the unlock automatically.

I don't remember just rebooting after installing freegee. . . installed a ROM right off. Nonetheless, all seems to be working properly. :laugh:

for anyone who wants to know: I would get locked into a boot loop with CWM when booting into recovery from power off. I found that madmac's lokified TWRP doesn't have this problem.

Last edited: