All question and answers for optimus 2x

Search This thread

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora
i know that this is one of most hated questions here which rom is the best \ which rom should i choose but i'm really not ready to read all those 300+ pages threads in development section right now to find out what is going there and i need my p990 to start working properly asap (going away from civilization for a couple of weeks)

i checked some roms back in november\december, but the call bug on cm 10.1 was very annoying and i've put back gueste2x_goodbye-2.0 which works ok, but lately i have some battery drain and fc problems (most likely because of some apps\services) so i decided to start from scratch, preferably with some rom that still have some support

(i'm ready to do full wipe, including flashing baseband) so, to keep it short what is most stable rom at the moment?

i don't mind some problems with the device, don't care about gaming and benchmarks but i need my calls to be as good and stable as possible i.e. no call bug etc.

You can try cm 10 new bl ver..or ics/ics based rom...
Or you can try pengus kowalski kernel..they said no call bug with it on old bl

Sent from my LG-P990

Reactions: m4rkiz

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora
Can I use kowalski kernel on stock ICS rom?

Yes you can...afaik it has brightness bug but auto brightness works..and hdmi prob..
Imo you should use kernel that specifically design for ics...like civz skywalker or carburano king of birds kernel..but new bootloader only

Sent from my LG-P990

mrgian

Mar 16, 2012
Davao City
For me, PA Build of tonyp with pengus's kowalski kernel is the best setup as your daily driver with regards to battery consumption, redraws, bsod's, call-bug. It is for old BL though. Just visit tonyp's thread and read some posts there. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora
i cannot upgrade to 4.0.1, can u help me please in an easy way ???

What for?you can have stock 4.0.4 anyway..
yhynytes.jpg

Just flash it via kdz tools or nvflash...
Sent from my LG-P990

hamedd2000

Nov 26, 2011
I search a stable and fully functional ROM on ics or jb for my p990? no matter stock-rom or costum-rom.
I have tried many roms, but wi-fi does not work at all!

thanks in advance

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora
cm10-KashaMalaga-Build-18-p990, harsh-v28E-P990-vlite-v10.11, tonnyp pa_jb_p990-08, cm-9.9.9-JB-p990-4 and more!!! but wi-fi does not work at all!

It's all old bootloader yes?if you wanna take a try..just grab official ics v30a/b according to your region...just search in development thread...if you don't want it..because it's new bootloader...you can try ruglez ics vlite based on v30a (if i'm not wrong) afaik it's fully functional as v30a stock...

Sent from my LG-P990

Korah00

Feb 17, 2013
Hello. I went back from CM10.1 to stock 2.3.4 with root and custom hp kernel. I realy need to get a gps fix. GPS is not working. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks

uzairjhandir

Jun 17, 2010
Lahore,Pakistan
hi frndz i m using this rom on my su660 its work f9 but issue is this GPS not detect current position even Google maps and wifi speed is to slow and gmail account not work due to network not detect even i try it on edge network browsing is also slow any solution plzz tell me this rom is best but solve this issue baseband using LGSU660AT-00-V20m-450-05-APR-20-2012

http://translate.googleusercontent....9.html&usg=ALkJrhhV9nHG0sgXuuHy_jtDUn3O-tLXsQ

kprse

Jan 25, 2013
Laggy PA v2.6

For me, PA Build of tonyp with pengus's kowalski kernel is the best setup as your daily driver with regards to battery consumption, redraws, bsod's, call-bug. It is for old BL though. Just visit tonyp's thread and read some posts there. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

I have PA v2.6 and my phone is more laggy than the stock .

It has only 20-45 MB of ram free (that's the laggy reason i think)

Is on the old bootloader with kowalski kernel 100p5 (stable) .

What to do about that ?

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora
I have PA v2.6 and my phone is more laggy than the stock .

It has only 20-45 MB of ram free (that's the laggy reason i think)

Is on the old bootloader with kowalski kernel 100p5 (stable) .

What to do about that ?

Use stock based rom...new bl with civato kernel...

Sent from my LG-P990

xyomguix

Jan 17, 2011
Toulouse
Hi all,

I have a 2nd battery that I did not use for a while. I am trying to charge it but when I plug it to the wall charger, it goes in bootloop (LG logo, off, LG logo off).

With my main battery charging when off is working.

I am using CM10 from pengus and its kernel v11p4.

Any ideas

xxMOISESxx

Apr 14, 2011
FROM CM 10.1 to STOCK ICS

Hi guys,

Is it possible to flash Official KDZ Stock ICS coming from CM 10.1? I've found flashable Stock zips but I want to leave the phone as Stock 4.0.4 no root, nothing.

Thanks in advance.

duartix

Mar 18, 2013
Questions about updating ROM

Cheers.

I've been searching the boards for quite a while but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.
My phone started out as a GB and was upgraded to ICS about 2 months ago. I've installed the Avatar ROM last week and now the CM version is 2.0b-20130226-p990. The Kernel is 2.6.39.4-CM+ from Feb, 26.

Since then there's been an update (well, two to be exact) to the Avatar ROM. Now in the new distribution there are versions for the old bootloader and the new one. From the image I downloaded and installed (The Feb, 28/2013 distribution), I'm almost positive I have the new bootloader, but how can you tell? And what's the difference between them? Is it just an expected manufacturer hardening?

Now for my most important question, what's the least disrupting way to upgrade the ROM, while keeping the biggest amount of configurations unchanged? The tools I have available are Titanium Backup and TRWP. What do I have to wipe? And backup (besides a full system just in case)? Will I need to re-install Gapps?

Thanks in advance.
Duarte Bruno.

MikuSE610

Aug 16, 2010
神奈川県
I cannot mount my external_sd in CWM or TWRP, I did a search but I can't find answers so I posted here.

SD card already formatter via phone and is FAT32. I can't make backups since external_sd cannot be mounted, sdcard however has low storage space.

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora
Hi guys,

Is it possible to flash Official KDZ Stock ICS coming from CM 10.1? I've found flashable Stock zips but I want to leave the phone as Stock 4.0.4 no root, nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Old/new bootloader?no...flashable zip it means custom rom..not an official...(official stock ics -> v30a for europe,v30b for asian ~680mb each)
Just search in development kdz file..and how to flash it (nvflash,smartflash,kdz update or all in one toolkit)

Sent from my LG-P990

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Cheers.

I've been searching the boards for quite a while but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.
My phone started out as a GB and was upgraded to ICS about 2 months ago. I've installed the Avatar ROM last week and now the CM version is 2.0b-20130226-p990. The Kernel is 2.6.39.4-CM+ from Feb, 26.

Since then there's been an update (well, two to be exact) to the Avatar ROM. Now in the new distribution there are versions for the old bootloader and the new one. From the image I downloaded and installed (The Feb, 28/2013 distribution), I'm almost positive I have the new bootloader, but how can you tell? And what's the difference between them? Is it just an expected manufacturer hardening?

Now for my most important question, what's the least disrupting way to upgrade the ROM, while keeping the biggest amount of configurations unchanged? The tools I have available are Titanium Backup and TRWP. What do I have to wipe? And backup (besides a full system just in case)? Will I need to re-install Gapps?

Thanks in advance.
Duarte Bruno.

1.new bootloader -> pink lg logo at boot
Old bootloader -> white lg logo at boot
2.if you want dirty install without wiping your data..just don't wipe data cache but still at least format system, it won't delete your data,setting,etc..just wiping your previous rom

Sent from my LG-P990

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I cannot mount my external_sd in CWM or TWRP, I did a search but I can't find answers so I posted here.

SD card already formatter via phone and is FAT32. I can't make backups since external_sd cannot be mounted, sdcard however has low storage space.

Check all in one toolkit

Sent from my LG-P990

Reactions: duartix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the place where you can ask questions about your LG Optimus 2X, So if you have any "beginner" question or everything else, just ask here.

Also, this place will also be a FAQ, to answer all the common questions about the phone .

REQUEST THE SENIORS TO COME HERE AND HELP REG THE SAME

For tutorials, guides and links to important files go here :
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037751

future questions if not here will be closed or moved to general
    lets keep our development thread related to development only and clean
    :D

FAQs

What is the best ROM available?
    Really depends on your needs are priorities. Totally bug-free ROMs are Froyo ROMs, and leaked stock Gingerbread ROMs. CM7 based ROMs, including MIUI, still have a few bugs. Go to appropriate threads for more details.

Can I get LG Apps and Widgets on CM7 ROM?
    No, you can't. LG apps and widgets require the LG framework, and so will not work on non-stock based ROMs.

What are kernels? Should I install custom kernels?
    It is sort of a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done by the hardware. Custom kernels provide added features such as EXT4, Voodoo sound, and many more. You can install a kernel just like you install a ROM.
    @kohos

I did the experiment today and it worked fine. Battery #1 dropped to 7%, powered off, waited 15 sec, popped in the fully charged Battery #2 and it correctly showed the 100% after boot.

I am currently recharging battery #1. When my battery#2 that my phone is using runs out of juice, I will do another experiment where I don't wait the 15sec to see if I can repeat getting the wrong battery percent value.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda premium

I just finished the second experiment and yeah, my suspicion was correct.

When I change batteries, if I wait for a while (15 sec) before putting on the spare, then the battery level is correctly displayed.

But if I put on the spare quickly without any wait in between, then the reported battery level is at whatever value it had before the last power off.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda premium
    You really need to read the thread before posting in it.
    I guess clearing the data for settings would be a good start.
    Hey Rusty,

ive made a kitchen rom here http://romkitchen.org/lg/?s=generator

after that i replaced the apps in /system/app with mine, then zipped again but it wouldnt boot :) ?