Run Android on your PC or Laptop..for real.

Search This thread

jude1993

Jul 3, 2010
this is only for 84x is their one for 64x i tryed running it on my 64x and it failed, just wondering is their a 64x instead off 84x?

minimalism

Jun 19, 2006
Groningen
Android

It's working here with:

Win 7 64 and Virtualbox as a virtual machine.
Internet is working out of the box.

Looking for a Froyo build now...

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
I would assume that the OS uses the flash drive as a filesystem- so put the APKs on the flash drive, download a file manager from the web and install using the file manager.

Also I can't get this to work in VirtualBox, it says the ISO file is invalid.

if you boot from flash drive, the flash drive filesystem is read only, and just loads to ram, so you wouldnt be able to install apks to it they would just install to ram and be destroyed on shutdown

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
ive got it up and running finally and video display is totally messed up. Drivers are missing or something. Anything i can do?

daktah

Jun 17, 2010
refuses to recognize and boot during bios boot for me
installed on a cdrw with UNetBootin usb installer
boot order floppy -0 devices-, network -0 devices-, cd -1 device-, hdd -1 device-
using grub bootloader

CHERNAB0G

Jan 19, 2010
anybody know the back button? ive figured out that the windows symbol is home (you can also press the actual 'home' button) and the button on the right of the space bar with the menu on it is menu (right clicking works as well) but i cant find the back button

Oct 15, 2006
Chicago
anybody know the back button? ive figured out that the windows symbol is home (you can also press the actual 'home' button) and the button on the right of the space bar with the menu on it is menu (right clicking works as well) but i cant find the back button

I think esc is back and right click is menu bottun. This is sick btw. Just installed on sony ux. Touchscreen and wifi not working amongst other things, but looks promising if this get more attention. Already saw it on gizmodo so people should start developing **** soon.

tbross319

Jun 28, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
it has already been asked once, but I was just wondering if anyone had figured out how to get google apps on here? Ive got it fully running including wifi and all that fun stuff, but no google apps. It IS possible to install on the hard disk, not simply booting from flash drive....
Any help would be awesome!

d33f

Apr 18, 2010
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
Here it's working fine too with vmware ^^, also internet is working :D
It gives a nice feeling when you think about running a mobile os on your quadcore pc, all that overkill :D

Lemcott

Mar 16, 2010
tried to run it on my HP tx2100 (specifically the tx2117cl model) and install it on the HDD (only operating system on it was a beta windows 7 which has expired).

it went through the most of the process, had a bunch of lines about the usb keyboard/mouse i was had plugged in then just went ".................." continuously, just, never ending periods. powered down, tried it again, same.

so i powered down and tried to run as just a live CD boot, went through most of the process "does not support CPU Vendor" (may not be exact wording, turned it off already).

anyway to get this thing working on my laptop? I'm not even gonna bother with my desktop (it's amd as well anyway) because I want to install my laptop into my car as a type of hub, with android as it's OS. I've been waiting for this day forever, looks like I'll have just a little bit more waiting to deal with...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Want to run Android on your PC or Laptop?

This is pretty cool, did it this morning.

If you have troubles with getting your internet to work in it, what I did was put my EVO in USB tethering mode,plugged it into my PC..then booted the PC and it worked great.

1. Download Android from here..android-x86-1.6-r2.iso
    2. Download UNetBootin

Now you have a few choices... either just burn the ISO to a cd (and boot your computer off it) or use unetbootin to make a usb thumb drive bootable with the ISO image on it.

29gob9d.png

Here are some better more detailed instructions.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrena1bNl18 -- cheesy video of it on my pc.
    Is it somehow possible to get the original google market running?

Yes but there is not a lot of apps that work on android-x86 as they are written to arm and not x86 cpu's so at this point it is not useful.

It might be better when ICS comes with the intel support.
    Android x86 4.0 RC1 on lenovo S10 3t running perfect even with launchers, wi -fi perfect!!!