Stop the Full Charge Notifications

Search This thread

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
I never got the fully charge beep since owning this phone. I do get the blue light and fully charge notification on the bar and screen comes on but no beep. Always found it weird coming from an og epic. Actually it did beep once long time ago and very loud and obnoxious. I think my phone has lil glitches lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I never got the fully charge beep since owning this phone. I do get the blue light and fully charge notification on the bar and screen comes on but no beep. Always found it weird coming from an og epic. Actually it did beep once long time ago and very loud and obnoxious. I think my phone has lil glitches lol

You must be using a custom rom then. Most devs strip a lot of the annoying system sounds out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
You must be using a custom rom then. Most devs strip a lot of the annoying system sounds out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Nope never ran one. Which is why I say my phone never did it since purchase. And I know its just my phone because others like my friends epic touch beep. Hey I'm not complaining tho better for me. Now if only the screen wouldn't turn on when fully charged..

AwfulFaded

Feb 27, 2010
Kansas City, KS
Now if only the screen wouldn't turn on when fully charged.

That screen on piece was the most annoying part for me. The beep I could probably sleep through but the screen was like having my own private lighthouse.

If you're running stock/rooted amd aren't afraid to get your hands dirty,you should try the instructions in the op. Let us know how it works out. I was on a 2 day high when I got it to work, a real sense of accomplishment.

Eventually I realized that most (if not all) of the custom roms already had this mod and I could've gotten rid of the annoyance much easier by flashing a rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RayTrue04

Mek7

Aug 2, 2011
Zilina
mekweb.eu
Any chance we could get such a guide for Jelly Bean? I tried this guide but didn't find the .smali file nor function names mentioned there.
I have no sound for full charge notification now but the screen still turns on and that is pretty annoying.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Any chance we could get such a guide for Jelly Bean? I tried this guide but didn't find the .smali file nor function names mentioned there.
I have no sound for full charge notification now but the screen still turns on and that is pretty annoying.
Here is the modded smali to remove battery full notification.
This is from JB stock deodexed 4.1.2 FL16.
systemui/classes/com/android/systemui/power

Already included in the extended toggles mod I posted for FL16 here along with a few others, links in post 3:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2059714

Attachments

• PowerUI.zip
    12 KB · Views: 11

Mek7

Aug 2, 2011
Zilina
mekweb.eu
Thanks for pointing me to that one, it works!

Here is the modded smali to remove battery full notification.
This is from JB stock deodexed 4.1.2 FL16.
systemui/classes/com/android/systemui/power

Already included in the extended toggles mod I posted for FL16 here along with a few others, links in post 3:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2059714
I wanted to try this one first but I am using the Zero bug ROM (so not a stock one), and, as stated in post 3, it is suitable for stock ROMs only.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Thanks for pointing me to that one, it works!

I wanted to try this one first but I am using the Zero bug ROM (so not a stock one), and, as stated in post 3, it is suitable for stock ROMs only.
Ok, I see that ROM is the Galaxy Sii which is not this phone. Just curious why you are posting in the Sprint E4GT forum then.

Mek7

Aug 2, 2011
Zilina
mekweb.eu
Just because I found it via google back in the days :)
I replaced the Zero Bug ROM with the stock JB one - that one is odexed. So I used the first part of this tutorial (auto deodexer) to deodex the apk file, then I used the script from the mentioned topic to apply the patch. I pushed the resulting apk to phone (and removed the systemui.odex file). After reboot I waited to have 98% battery level and put it on charger - and voila, it charged without turning the screen on. I am happy :)

punishit

Jun 20, 2012
Does this also work with the Galaxy S4?

Hello,

I know this thread is very old, but it worked great years ago with my S2.

Can someone give a tutorial for this also for the S4??

Thanks in Advance.

jxthrx

Jul 16, 2013
Baton Rouge
Thanks for the helpful post OP, but i've found a somewhat easier way to disable the Full Battery notification on rooted devices running Android 4.0 and above that doesn't require mucking around with the SystemUI.apk. You can use the Xposed Framework (found here) and the Tweakbox Module (found here)

1. First thing is to make sure you make a nandroid backup just in case things go wrong. I've done this quite a few times on my Epic 4G Touch (from Virgin Mobile) with no problem, but there's always a chance something can go wrong and its best to have a backup just in case.
  2. To use this method first you would download the Xposed Framework app and install it like any other application (just be sure your Unknown Sources option is checked in the Security section of Settings)
  3. Once the Framework is installed, open the application and select the Install/Update option. Once the install has been completed you then reboot your device.
  4. Once your device has restarted (and assuming there were no problems) go ahead and install the Tweakbox apk as a normal application. Once installed you can access it via the Xposed Framework application (by swiping right or selecting the Modules tab)
  5. You would then access Tweakbox through the Xposed Framework. Check the box next to the module, and once checked you should see a toast notification saying that changes will apply on reboot. don't worry about restarting your phone just yet, seeing as you have to apply the selected tweaks you want.
  6. To select which tweaks you wish to apply, select the Tweakbox module from the list and you'll be presented with a few different sections: Status Bar, CRT effect, Battery, Phone, Miscellaneous, and Experimental. (Note that the CRT effect and Experimental sections may not be present in newer versions. I'm currently using version 1.3.2 and anything past that may have certain features or tweaks removed. Be sure to check the thread linked above for the current change log)
  7. To disable the Full Battery notification, go ahead and select the Battery option and you should see a check box for the Battery Full notification. Checking the box will disable the notification upon reboot. In this section you can also change the values for battery low and critical battery percentages.
  8. Once you've rebooted (and assuming there are no problems along the way) you should no longer get the notification for when your battery has fully charged. :D

You can use the Xposed Framework, Tweakbox module, and tons of other modules (found here) to tweak and toy with your phone without having to flash a custom ROM or kernel, which makes it ideal for users who are too daunted to dive into community android development. I know using Xposed Framework and Tweakbox i was able to make my Statusbar transparent, disable the full battery notification, enable volume keys to skip tracks, and tons of other tweaks and tricks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anybody who wants to run a stock (but rooted) ROM and wants to remove probably the dumbest feature ever: the Full Charge Notification. This is affectionately known as the 3am wake-up call.
    5FSRw-743x1024.jpg

If you don't know what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky. If you know what I'm talking about, you have options. One way is to install an app to silence the notifications such as the free "Battery Charged Silencer" app (thanks JimSmith94 for pointing this out), this app allows you to silence the notification sound only. For the more adventurous types out there here's another way to put an end to it, which also allows you to choose whether or not to leave the screen-on and status bar notification:

1. Download Auto-Deodexer, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=598026
    2. Extract Auto-Deodexer
    3. Copy /system/app/SystemUI.apk and system/app/SystemUI.odex to your sdcard
    4. Copy /system/framework/ to your sdcard
    5. Copy the contents of the framework folder from sdcard to the framework folder of Auto-Deodexer
    6. Copy SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex to the app folder of Auto-Deodexer
    7. Run deoall.bat, choose option 1 and wait for it to finish. Use option 6 to exit
    8. Open deodexed_APK/SystemUI.apk with 7-zip and extract classes.dex to your root deodexer folder (the one with baksmali in it)
    9. Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where you have extracted Auto-Deodexer
    10. Use the following command: java -jar baksmali-1.2.3.jar -o dexout/ classes.dex
    11. Open dexout/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy.smali in your favorite text editor
    12. Find the .method private addFullChargeNotification method.

13. What you do next depends on your version of Android.
    If you are running Android 2.3.4, remove the following lines:
    to remove the sounds, remove: "invoke-direct {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->playTone(Landroid/net/Uri;)v"
    to stop the screen from turning on, remove: "invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->turnOnScreenWithForce()v"
    to remove the status bar icon, remove: "invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)v"

If you are running 2.3.6 (you have the EK02 update), remove the following lines:
    to remove the status bar icon, remove: "invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V"
    to stop the screen from turning on, remove: "invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->turnOnScreenWithForce()V"​

14. Use the following command: java -Xmx512M -jar smali-1.2.3.jar dexout/
    15. Rename out.dex to classes.dex
    16. Replace the classes.dex in the deodexed SystemUI.apk with the one you just created
    17. Rename the new deodexed SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.apk.new and push it to your phone
    18. Copy SystemUI.apk.new to your /system/app folder
    19. Set the permissions for the file to owner: Read/Write, group: Read, others: Read (644 for those who know what that means)
    20. Rename SystemUI.odex to SystemUI.odex.old
    21. Rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.apk.old (you will start seeing frequent errors at this point, this is normal and expected. Don't panic just hit Force Close to dismiss the errors and continue)
    22. Rename SystemUI.apk.new to SystemUI.apk
    23. Reboot
    24. Enjoy uninterrupted sleep.​

For anybody running stock 2.3.6 you can grab the file below and skip steps 1-16. This will stop both the screen-on and the status bar icon.

If you are running a custom ROM and you don't have this notification (I'm not sure why you read this far but...) please thank your dev. If you do have this notification, I imagine these steps would still work for you.

If these changes don't work for you, you find a full nights sleep to be annoying, you think sleep is for weak minded individuals, etc. you're in luck. Reverting back is simple:

1. Rename SystemUI.odex.old to SystemUI.odex
    2. Rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.apk.new
    3. Rename SystemUI.apk.old to SystemUI.apk
    4. Reboot​

Thanks to pulser_g2 for fixing this issue on the international GSII
    Thanks to Mic_88 for writing a portal article about pulser_g2's work), I also linked to the image you used
    Thanks to Sboulema for your step by step directions (largely copy/pasted above)
    Thanks to afilopou for some edits you made to those directions
    Thanks to countless others here at XDA who freely share their knowledge and selflessly donate their time to make life better for others
    This is what I did for the all in one mod. This is for 2.3.6 haven't looked at 2.3.4 it might be the same.

Decompile systemui.apk and do this.

Go to \smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy\StatusBarPolicy.smali

Change this at line 1989:
    Code:
    .line 2143

To this:
    Code:
    return-void

.line 2143

This will remove everything but the Blue LED.

Edit: Attached a stock SystemUI.apk with this mod in it for 2.3.6.
    Now if only the screen wouldn't turn on when fully charged.

That screen on piece was the most annoying part for me. The beep I could probably sleep through but the screen was like having my own private lighthouse.

If you're running stock/rooted amd aren't afraid to get your hands dirty,you should try the instructions in the op. Let us know how it works out. I was on a 2 day high when I got it to work, a real sense of accomplishment.

Eventually I realized that most (if not all) of the custom roms already had this mod and I could've gotten rid of the annoyance much easier by flashing a rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Take a look at this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1810772