By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2016, 07:35 AM |#2101  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 803

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabloool

Yeah, Perhaps I should have been more clear about.

Say you installed a new app which needs permissions, this app will show a prompt asking for this permission (image: left). if a screen overlay of some sort (e.g. lux) is working, even if you choose "allow", the permission will not be granted, and the "screen overlay" prompt will then appear (image: right).

I'de like that lux will go to sleep mode, every time this permission prompt loads.
What happens normally is that the permission is denied due to the screen overlay even If I try and turn lux off before I press "Allow".

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Maybe add settings to the sleep list? I've never had that problem, I am rooted though so that's probably making a difference to that end.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

21st December 2016, 08:08 PM |#2102  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izachii

Hi! Currently using this as 7.1.1 has some weird problem with the auto brightness. Just wandering, my setting is on dynamically adjust and smart profile but it's seems like when I change my environment to under sun it's doesn't seems to change the brightness automatically only until I press the refresh button then it will change. Did I do something wrong? Or any setting can be change? I de-optimiezed the battery optimization in my phone setting already but still to no avail.

That's the normal behaviour when lux is open

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
22nd December 2016, 01:42 AM |#2103  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venereo

That's the normal behaviour when lux is open

Thanks!
11th January 2017, 03:32 PM |#2104  
Flag Android
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Is it possible to make a very light version? Only read light sensor / camera? No overlays etc. Like Lux UL (Ultra Light)

Thanks for your time.

Cheers
11th January 2017, 06:15 PM |#2105  
Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakradje

Is it possible to make a very light version? Only read light sensor / camera? No overlays etc. Like Lux UL (Ultra Light)

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

You could do it tasker

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
30th January 2017, 10:23 PM |#2106  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabloool

First, love the app!

Second, hate the Screen Overlay warnings I get (G935FD w/ stock rooted 6.0.1). Sometimes after I turn lux off but don't get the permission window once more, therfore stuck with no permission allowed.

If any one can help automatically turn lux to sleep when a permission screen is opened, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure may other will too.
If there isn't an easy fix, maybe a Tasker profile would be able to help. E. G. I made a Tasker profile which turns lux off whenever the app installed is working so I center press "install" directly.

Thanks!

I found it with a little sleuthing! Add the app "Package Installer" to the sleep list and that will sleep lux when permissions are requested. I actually used the lastpass app to find it - when permissions were prompted, I used the notification to have lastpass search for the password... which gave me the name of the app. That app should really be on the default list of sleep apps.
31st January 2017, 06:40 AM |#2107  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf747

I found it with a little sleuthing! Add the app "Package Installer" to the sleep list and that will sleep lux when permissions are requested. I actually used the lastpass app to find it - when permissions were prompted, I used the notification to have lastpass search for the password... which gave me the name of the app. That app should really be on the default list of sleep apps.

Wow, that's great!
it's funny actually. I used that same app to put Lux to sleep on lollipop. There I was unable to press "Install" during installations from "Unknown Sources" .
Thanks for replying with this! I'll try it.

I must say I am now using a task on Takser which kills two other apps that use screen overlays therefore cause the same problem as Lux (Swiftly Switch and GMD Gestures). The task also and puts Lux to sleep, then waits for a few seconds and opens that apps and put Lux out of sleep. I have a shortcut for the task in the Swiftly Switch favorites. it works great so far!
9th March 2017, 09:29 PM |#2108  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
no compatibel with android nouget?
10th March 2017, 12:51 PM |#2109  
Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denf666

no compatibel with android nouget?

Works here

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
15th March 2017, 10:44 PM |#2110  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
no more update? i have bugs with axon 7 nougat.
21st May 2017, 02:07 PM |#2111  
Flag Milford, PA
Thanks Meter: 659

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-toxic

BTW: Is it possible to find (or get) a manual for "Lux Auto Brightness" app?
Or is it learning by doing?

Disregard my last comment. The built in guide and settings wizard are great!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)