FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,408

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
26th July 2013, 10:07 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Xperia Z is not booting in CWM!?
Hi everybody,
i've just installed the DualRecovery on my Xperia Z (locked,unbranded,.253 4.1.2,rooted with DoomLoard ERT),i followed the instructions for installation,Debbugging is ON i have installed SuperSU ,so i chosed supersu.bat for installation.Everything works just fine until the reboot.By the guide it seems that after the reboot the phone must enter automaticaly in CWM recovery,than i must reboot to system so the installation can complete.
But after the reboot the XZ stays with turned on black/blank screen and is not doing anything,the CMD stays on the line waiting the phone to reconnect to finish the process.I wait and i wait and after a while still connected i rebooted the phone.It booted normaly,everything seems to be ok ,and the CMD process said that installation is completed successfully.I tried several times to enter the CWM mode but i'm always getting this blank screen,but in fact i can enter in TWRP and i execute reboot to system from within.
So my question is ,what did i do wrong or how should i proceed from now to get this dual recovery working as it should.
Please give me some advices or guidelines.
10x in advance

Regards
godjak

26th July 2013, 04:26 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
non enter recovery mode
sorry for my bad English ....
I can not get into recovery mode
I have stock fw 4.2.2
use SUPERSU
when I turn on xperia z does not turn on the green LED (only RED LED) does not go into recovery mode.
the first time it worked fine then nothing

What can I do?
26th July 2013, 04:57 PM |#503  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulakala

sorry for my bad English ....
I can not get into recovery mode
I have stock fw 4.2.2
use SUPERSU
when I turn on xperia z does not turn on the green LED (only RED LED) does not go into recovery mode.
the first time it worked fine then nothing

What can I do?

I ever got that before. Check your busybox. My problem solved when im installing supercharger with busybox 1.19.4.
hope can solve your problem too..

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to YudiA1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YudiA1 Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 08:32 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YudiA1

I ever got that before. Check your busybox. My problem solved when im installing supercharher with busybox 1.19.4.
hope can solve your problem too..

THANK U very much.....but....

what i must to see in busybox?? what is SUPERCHARHER???
27th July 2013, 10:25 AM |#505  
Flag jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulakala

THANK U very much.....but....

what i must to see in busybox?? what is SUPERCHARHER???

sorry wrong wrote b4. imean supercharger.
extract file to your root sdcard1 than use smanager that you can download from play store.

this link for supercharger download include busybox. 1.19.4.
https://app.box.com/s/gwy7g161ojlt7uu8ddeo

download smanager from play store. that use
it to run startme... in directory of supercharger. only thick SU on smanager than run it. c.on picture attached. follow all instruction when run it. choose all Yes.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374913420039.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	2146307  
The Following User Says Thank You to YudiA1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YudiA1 Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 10:39 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
forgot to flash lockeddualrecovery2.6.0-RELEASE.zip after installing a ROM and before reboot, so lose recovery

and i did try to use the Windows installer, but still can't get into any of the recovery.

any clue and what i should do now?
27th July 2013, 12:24 PM |#507  
Flag jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwillknow

forgot to flash lockeddualrecovery2.6.0-RELEASE.zip after installing a ROM and before reboot, so lose recovery

and i did try to use the Windows installer, but still can't get into any of the recovery.

any clue and what i should do now?

Read on 1st page post on this thread
or
try this recovery to flash dual recovery.
you only need root access

https://app.box.com/s/yd0oni809rdfsjmb76x8

28th July 2013, 08:36 AM |#508  
Flag Beijing, China
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I' ve exp experienced a possible bug with the XZD. It took me over a day of sleuthing, but once found it was easy to reproduce.
It seems running the XZD script prevents apps from being able to correctly use the built-in light meter.
It took me over a 40 point checklist of steps after flashing the ROM, but when it came to running the XZD script, all light meter apps stopped running correctly, reporting that the light meter was unavailable. Removing the recovery was the only way to bring it back. Tested on two apps, GPS status and "Light meter v.4".
Install XZDR, no light meter.
Remove XZDR, working light meter.
On XperiaZL, 10.3.a.0.423 C6502
Can anyone confirm this?
Any ideas how to get recovery and keep the light meter?

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app
28th July 2013, 10:59 AM |#509  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_SUSE

I' ve exp experienced a possible bug with the XZD. It took me over a day of sleuthing, but once found it was easy to reproduce.
It seems running the XZD script prevents apps from being able to correctly use the built-in light meter.
It took me over a 40 point checklist of steps after flashing the ROM, but when it came to running the XZD script, all light meter apps stopped running correctly, reporting that the light meter was unavailable. Removing the recovery was the only way to bring it back. Tested on two apps, GPS status and "Light meter v.4".
Install XZDR, no light meter.
Remove XZDR, working light meter.
On XperiaZL, 10.3.a.0.423 C6502
Can anyone confirm this?
Any ideas how to get recovery and keep the light meter?

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app

Please help me help you by doing 2 things:
1) let me know what apps you tried and
2) test it with another recovery to make sure it's XZDualRecovery causing it as sole package...

-Edit-

Tried andoid sensor box from Play... It's free and works for me...

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
28th July 2013, 12:22 PM |#510  
Flag Beijing, China

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

2) test it with another recovery to make sure it's XZDualRecovery causing it as sole package...

-Edit-

I've tried GPS Status and Toolbox (has integrated light meter), beeCam light Meter (FM Bee), Light Meter (Borce Trajkovski), Rex Light Meter, Light Meter (TomCode), Light Meter (Diax), and Light-o-meter (Spaceware). None of these worked with the XZDR installed, and the first two I tried (Diax and GPS Status) without XZDR worked.

Can you recommend a recovery that will work on 10.3.A.0.423, preferably CWM? That's what brought me to XZDR, it's the only one I could find at the time that would work. I'd like to assume that recoveries that would work for the Z would also work for the ZL, but I'm sure you'll warn me not to do that.

BTW I'm using version 2.5.1.
28th July 2013, 02:53 PM |#511  
Flag Beijing, China

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

-Edit-

Just tried with 2.6, got the same thing.
In Light Meter v.4:
"Light sensor data are not available."
After following XZDR removal instructions, they're back again, right as rain.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread