Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2013, 10:07 AM |#21  
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewwmann

Very cool,I had not updated since v1 so I had to update Flashcast first, but everything went silky smooth....

Good to hear! I'm hoping this release gives people enough of a reason to update their old devices as we bring in new features and ease of management

21st December 2013, 10:28 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
What a great surprise to wake up to. OTA went smoothly with no hiccups.

Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication!

21st December 2013, 10:41 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I had set my Chromecast's DNS to Unlocator using the flash method before the update. After the update, I went through the web-based portal and disabled DCHP, set the DNS to Unlocator, applied updates and rebooted the device. However, I have not been able to load any Netflix content from countries other than my own (UK) on the Chromecast. Loading content from US, Denmark, Brazil works fine on my computer and my iPad.

I've checked the DNS settings on the web portal multiple times and it's definitely on Unlocator. I also tried switching to UnblockUS. Foreign Netflix content still doesn't load on the Chromecast although it works fine on my computer.

Can I still use the flash method to change the DNS to Unlocator or will that not work anymore?

Thanks
21st December 2013, 10:49 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can't access the web panel. Tried a few different browsers, disabled firewall and still nothing. I have Tplink router running ddwrt, chromecast has assigned a static ip address. Any ideas what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to Team Eureka for developing this ROM!
21st December 2013, 12:22 PM |#25  
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooksx

I had set my Chromecast's DNS to Unlocator using the flash method before the update. After the update, I went through the web-based portal and disabled DCHP, set the DNS to Unlocator, applied updates and rebooted the device. However, I have not been able to load any Netflix content from countries other than my own (UK) on the Chromecast. Loading content from US, Denmark, Brazil works fine on my computer and my iPad.

I've checked the DNS settings on the web portal multiple times and it's definitely on Unlocator. I also tried switching to UnblockUS. Foreign Netflix content still doesn't load on the Chromecast although it works fine on my computer.

Can I still use the flash method to change the DNS to Unlocator or will that not work anymore?

Thanks

Hi Rooksx,

I've just identified this as an issue and am working on resolving it - in the meantime you can definitely reflash the old method - and I'll have this update to fix in an OTA very shortly (soon as I can find out why it's broken - I blame ddggttff3)

I'll report back in the next 30mins with the results of my testing for anyone else.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Just found the issue, it's related to permissions on the /data/eureka folder.

If you run "chmod 777 /data/eureka" it'll fix it - however I'm just checking if the web panel has enough permissions to execute this (or you may need to adb into the device to fix it) we'll have a fix for this out asap - however this will get you up and running immediately.

Edit: you can run "chmod 777 /data/eureka" from the debug panel to resolve this issue immediately until we are able to release a fix for it - sorry for the issue it appears to have hit us from a change in the latest OTA that we are building off that we never saw.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules_winnfield

I can't access the web panel. Tried a few different browsers, disabled firewall and still nothing. I have Tplink router running ddwrt, chromecast has assigned a static ip address. Any ideas what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to Team Eureka for developing this ROM!

Hi Jules,

It sounds like there might be something in your existing data partition that is stopping the panel from loading - or some sort of weirdity. I'd suggest that you reset the device and re-set it up (you can achieve this by holding down the reset button on the device for ~10 seconds - without the usb connected) and it will reset to defaults.

Let me know how you get on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyonz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kyonz Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 12:57 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did factory reset twice, both with the button on the device as advised and via the chromecast app. Still could not connect to the panel. I then reflashed the rom using the standard USB/FlashCast method given in the op and everything is fine now.
21st December 2013, 02:50 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
updated 2 chromecasts with this awesome rom.....thanks very much
The Following User Says Thank You to cadguycad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cadguycad Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 03:09 PM |#28  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonz

I've just identified this as an issue and am working on resolving it - in the meantime you can definitely reflash the old method - and I'll have this update to fix in an OTA very shortly (soon as I can find out why it's broken - I blame ddggttff3)

Actually I think this one goes to both me and Kyonz :P

The actual bug is that we didn't have /data/eureka created and permissions set at the right place, which means if you make changes before it was created through our script, it would save but not update permissions, thus DNS was unable to read the config.

Either way, I just pushed build V1.1 with the fixes. This will fix all panel/config related issues It will push vi OTA system, so you can reboot your device to force the update check, or just download and flash the file from OP.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2013, 03:33 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up Instructions for Image Flasing via eureka_image
Firstly - A BIG THANKS for all of the effort that went into this work, it's truly amazing stuff,

It took a while for me to get the image onto my Chromecast, mostly because I hadn't followed the instructions on the first post exactly...

I reformatted the Jump Drive after flashing the Flashcast image instead of just copying the eureka_image.zip to it. I'm guessing that the Jump Drive get's formatted somehow specially by Flashcast? When I tried to flash eureka_image in this way, it simply didn't work.

Just in case anyone else is having some issues, I thought it might help to point out that if you follow the instructions to the letter it works a lot better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancunia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cancunia Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 03:55 PM |#30  
Flag Almere
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Chromecast won't boot with the latest build
Hi Guy's,

I've had a working Chromecast, with 13300 firmware including OTA. I just wanted to use the CC, but was confronted with a black screen. When a rebooted, I saw the logo from Team Eureka, which wasn't there before, so I Thought it was OTA updated (yes!). But the CC wouldn't boot completely, it left me with a black screen, I tried updating to 14975 manually, but that just gave me the same result; boot the device, Team Eureka logo blinking twice, and than the screen stays black.

To be able to use the CC, I have flashed the previous version of 13300 without the OTA. (And its working again) I will try updating again when there will be a new version.

I just thought I would share this information, if you like I can post a install log. Since nobody else is facing any issues, I guess it's just my luck
21st December 2013, 04:00 PM |#31  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNTHoM

Hi Guy's,

I've had a working Chromecast, with 13300 firmware including OTA. I just wanted to use the CC, but was confronted with a black screen. When a rebooted, I saw the logo from Team Eureka, which wasn't there before, so I Thought it was OTA updated (yes!). But the CC wouldn't boot completely, it left me with a black screen, I tried updating to 14975 manually, but that just gave me the same result; boot the device, Team Eureka logo blinking twice, and than the screen stays black.

To be able to use the CC, I have flashed the previous version of 13300 without the OTA. (And its working again) I will try updating again when there will be a new version.

I just thought I would share this information, if you like I can post a install log. Since nobody else is facing any issues, I guess it's just my luck

Well my guess is it has to do with how google now detects your display. They changed the code that detects what resolution to output at, and I feel that may be the cause of your issue This bug was reported by other users on the official OTA, so chances are that's the issue. Have you tried unplugging it from the TV while its on, and then plugging it back into its HDMI port? You may also want to do a factory reset and re-set it up to see if it fixes it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)