Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][44433] Stock OS with updates disabled

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 319

Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2014, 06:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you post the Google ota link also for these?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

8th March 2014, 06:47 PM |#12  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,507

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0lee

Can you post the Google ota link also for these?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

We do not post those publicly because we don't want users accidentally flashing the update and loosing the ability to root. Please shoot me a PM if you would like the direct link from google for the OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddggttff3 Ad-Free
8th March 2014, 10:44 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,018

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggttff3

We do not post those publicly because we don't want users accidentally flashing the update and PERMANENTLY losing the ability to root. Please shoot me a PM if you would like the direct link from google for the OTA.

(Emphasis and typo fix added ). Remember, FlashCast relies on an exploit that any unmodified Google OTA will patch, so applying a stock Google OTA won't just result in a tempory loss of root, it's a permanent and irreversible loss of root.

A new exploit would need to be found in order to get root back, and at least so far there doesn't seem to be one in sight.
So that's why Team Eureka is being overly cautious.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 04:51 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Just wondering if this was sent out to Chromecasts? I just checked my version number and am on the latest. Unless something else happened (I've had frequent unable to boot messages a couple weeks ago and rebooting fixed them).. my Eureka ROM may have been wiped.
14th March 2014, 06:42 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwiggum1

Just wondering if this was sent out to Chromecasts? I just checked my version number and am on the latest. Unless something else happened (I've had frequent unable to boot messages a couple weeks ago and rebooting fixed them).. my Eureka ROM may have been wiped.

No, this is strictly a download and manually flash thing.

What makes you think your Eureka ROM has been wiped? Can you no longer get to the web panel at http://ip_of_chromecast ?
14th March 2014, 03:42 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

No, this is strictly a download and manually flash thing.

What makes you think your Eureka ROM has been wiped? Can you no longer get to the web panel at http://ip_of_chromecast ?

No web interface, and Chromecast app shows the latest.

The one I flashed manually was the one with the older FlashCast (which would be the first Eureka ROM). At some point I may have come back to stock without my knowledge.
14th March 2014, 04:38 PM |#17  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwiggum1

No web interface, and Chromecast app shows the latest.

The one I flashed manually was the one with the older FlashCast (which would be the first Eureka ROM). At some point I may have come back to stock without my knowledge.

Spontaneously returning to stock is highly unlikely - the update parts are removed/disabled in Eureka-ROM and rooted stock ROM. And true stock ROMs aren't posted to avoid accidents.

There was a previous potential issue where interrupting an update could leave you in a partial state that seemed like a stock ROM, though. (Can't find the post...)

The $1M question is - does FlashCast still boot? If so, you are fine and can simply re-flash Eureka-ROM or rooted stock.
14th March 2014, 05:59 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Spontaneously returning to stock is highly unlikely - the update parts are removed/disabled in Eureka-ROM and rooted stock ROM. And true stock ROMs aren't posted to avoid accidents.

There was a previous potential issue where interrupting an update could leave you in a partial state that seemed like a stock ROM, though. (Can't find the post...)

The $1M question is - does FlashCast still boot? If so, you are fine and can simply re-flash Eureka-ROM or rooted stock.

I just posted a question here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=575 which is exactly the same. I was on EurekaROM before and am now on 16041 stock firmware without my consent. I'm going to try flashing to see if I'm still rooted.
21st March 2014, 09:07 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can you still flash a different DNS with this ROM?
9th April 2014, 05:17 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooksx

Can you still flash a different DNS with this ROM?

Yes you can flash the DNS modification packages that were released awhile ago.

Just posted OTA 16664, enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Team-Eureka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team-Eureka Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 01:00 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Build 17250 has been posted. Sorry for the delay. - dd
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team-Eureka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team-Eureka Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)