[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
The easiest way to do that is to ask monx if he can share his customized packages, you can then just drop them in the \Packages folder and select them :) (providing he has made an option.xml to go with it)

and just to be clear so I understand your directions at the beginning of the thread I can take the ROM/SYS/OEM folder from an extracted and use that as the base with this kitchen right? Thanks again for being tolerable of the new questions lol.

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes, an OEM/ROM/SYS from an extracted rom will work great. however you do need to split the os.nb into os.nb.payload to use it in my kitchen; the command to do so at a dos prompt is:

nbsplit -kaiser os.nb

with both nbsplit and os.nb in the folder (find nbsplit under tools)

that gives you os.nb, os.nb.extra, os.nb.payload

you can get rid of os.nb and os.nb.extra, put os.nb.payload in /ROM

i might make a simple rom extractor to do this for you.. but for the moment that's what you've gotta do :)

Here's an updated ver of the packages: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3181486&postcount=1553

Changes are in that post.. :)

wmserver

Nov 27, 2007
Kitchen works on Windows 7 beta

Da_G,
Does the kitchen works on Win7 beta?
I'd like to try it.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
It works great on windows 7 :) except sometimes it gives you grief about deleting files saying you need permission from the owner.. reboot fixes it, usually happens around the 30th build before rebooting.. reported the bug already :)

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Is there a newer version of the package creator tool than 5.4? I couldn't find one on ervius' site, and the 5.4 has some issues with registry entries not allowing a direct, automatic port, so that's why i haven't incldued it..

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
Is there a newer version of the package creator tool than 5.4? I couldn't find one on ervius' site, and the 5.4 has some issues with registry entries not allowing a direct, automatic port, so that's why i haven't incldued it..

Not that I know of. Wasn't aware of the issues with registry entries.

Update: I did a quick search and found 5.5.
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79629&d=1207442570

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=367938

Last edited:

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
Da_G... so I'm at the load and build phase and when I select load from within buildos it says it can't find /ROM folder and I dropped folder in there... I should say overwrite your existing one's correct? Plus when you say or the app says /ROM you simply mean ROM folder correct windows won't let me rename it.

Thanks!

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
Enlarge Start Menu

Da_G,

I cooked in the included "HTC_EnlargeStartMenu" but it has that "white stripe" at the top for a second or so. I replaced the .dll with the following and re-cook. Seem to fix the problem. maybe you can include it in your next update.

Thx.

Attachments

• htcStartMenuService.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 16

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
Thanks for contributing, ecltech, it's been updated for the next release, much appreciated :)

Lots of things are being flagged as skipped at the beginning "dsm" phases... I didn't get an ruu...nbh file :(... any advice? retrying, about pakages there's nothing I need to do there in terms of adding stuff from my OEM to this build app correct the cooker should it for me right? I'm using natf v4.1 standard as my base... once you get an oem packager will start adding some stuff and testing the waters a bit... Thanks again for the coaching man.

Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
When you're using an OEM/ROM/SYS from another ROM, adding my packages to it will no doubt cause files to be skipped as they are already in OEM, that shouldn't cause a problem though.. i would need to see at least the last couple lines of the log in the bottom half of the buildos window to guess at what's broken and not creating the ruu_signed.nbh :)

qsqa

Feb 16, 2006
Da_G,

I cooked in the included "HTC_EnlargeStartMenu" but it has that "white stripe" at the top for a second or so. I replaced the .dll with the following and re-cook. Seem to fix the problem. maybe you can include it in your next update.

Thx.

"White stripes" at the top of Large Start Menu is related to gwes module - you should use gwes.exe and gwes.exe.409.mui from 20764 build to eliminate this issue

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
qsqa, but the other version of enlargetitlebar also solves this issue, and the newer gwes.exe has a number of added features for 6.5 that aren't in the older gwes.exe, so rather keep it :)

Soon i'll have a script to switch entire OS build automatically.. but when I have the time to create it.. :)

magic55

Jan 10, 2007
Da_G,

Thx.

Use full oem's Enlarge Start( registry and .mui ) from Blackstone 20764.

Last edited:

gravesy56

Dec 1, 2008
hey Da_g,

I'm noticing anytime I flash with this kitchen MS Office doesn't carry over from the native ROM I'm using from the raphkitchen I get the shortcuts that are unbranded and don't do anything... any thoughts.

The other two things is one how do I bake in my splash with the final ruu or should I just flash separately and two... still trying to see which selection it is but there's an issue I get while cooking that causes an error during cooking where the "oven" is looking for some radio button 1 in the tools folder too and it stops in it's tracks.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
please make sure you follow the instructions in the first post, including checking the box at the bottom "execute create_rom.bat" :)

re: ms office, that will be a package included soon..

fiendz

Dec 28, 2006
qsqa, but the other version of enlargetitlebar also solves this issue, and the newer gwes.exe has a number of added features for 6.5 that aren't in the older gwes.exe, so rather keep it :)

Soon i'll have a script to switch entire OS build automatically.. but when I have the time to create it.. :)

Da_G figured out what mightve happened. Those 2 files are what causes the volume control lag!!! When you said you narrowed it down to OS and gwes.exe was in OS I tried cooking that and the mui file in, probably ended up not including the mui file which is why you thought you were back at square one.

So now we know what fixes volume control, problem is what functionality is lost that you speak of with the newer gwes.exe/mui?

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
nifty, we'll swap the gwes.exe and mui and call it a day then. It's only new features that are being added for 6.5, nothing in use by 3rd party programs yet as the api is undocumented and changing.. so no matter :)

nuttsp

Jul 29, 2007
Da_G this Rocks! I have two questions. You created short_PPT.lnk in the windows directory. I have created my own link (because I want to do something different with a short press of this key) but I can not copy it to the windows folder. Is this a ROM only file? Is is possible for me to create a different action?

Second.
Until last night I have been running a stock rom and my GPS has been so-so but now It seems worse? Are there some registry settings that you recomend? what I mean by worse is that igo says that the GPS signal has been lost (all the time) when it never happend before. I mean I got the lag and all of the other stuff but not this.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Re: Short_PTT.lnk, take a look in settings - buttons :)

Re: The GPS, yeah i'm seeing this in the logs too, it's falling back to another behavior aside from the settings in the registry, its probably from the new diamond gps drivers, fingering that one out now :)