[MOD][XPOSED][2.3-4.4] Dimensions editor - edit UI elements size

Search This thread

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
This mod can edit the sizes of various UI elements. The list currently includes:
*Status bar height
*Status bar icon size
*Navigation bar height and width
*Action bar height
*Action bar title and subtitle size
*Alert dialog sizes, button sizes and title sizes
*Volume panel top
*Toast distance from bottom

More will be added. Please note that not all will work on all ROM's on all phones. Report problems on this thread

Changelog
Version 1.0.1
Fixed layout issues
Version 1.0.2
Fixed many issues with certain dimensions not sticking such as action bar height. Also fixed status bar height not working
Version 1.1
Gingerbread support (EXPERMENTAL!!!)
Fixed issue of force close when loading previous settings
App will now ignore empty fields instead of using default (so it won't override other apps)
Version 2.0
Rewrote the whole thing, more optimized and uses new Xposed API so now you can have any value

The APK is attached to this post

Last edited:

pemell

Jan 4, 2012
Gothenburg
This mod can edit the sizes of various UI elements. The list currently includes:
*Status bar height
*Status bvar icon size
*Action bar height
*Volume panel top

More will be added. Please note that not all will work on all ROM's on all phones. Report problems on this thread

Which rom/device have you confirmed it working on?

Reactions: smustafasms

Domino5

Jan 14, 2011
Zadupie
Doesn't work on Nexus7 (2012) ROM:CM10.2.1
Edit: working now!!! But please add "navbar height in landscape" because on tablets navbar is still in stock dpi in landscape mode

Last edited:

tauio111

Feb 27, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Works on Omnirom 4.4.2 Huawei Ascend P6, atlough the statusbar size is a little buggy. Combined with App Settings it can be put into good use for resizing the statusbar.

evolone

Mar 19, 2011
Excellent!!!

This might be of interest for at least a few.

This mod enables the navbar / softkeys on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 running near stock TW rom (STS MK4). I have been searching for a mod that does this, as i've tried the manual editing of the CSC to disable the hw keys but never worked for me.

And I can shrink the navbar to 24 pts!

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Click "Apply" anything did not happen.

Reboot required after change ...from what i've tested

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
Not much success on my S4, either. The status bar never changed, and I got intermittent effects in some apps' title or action bar. Yes, I rebooted after each attempt. I'm looking forward to trying updated versions.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Things working/not working

Working: statusbar height, action bar height
Action bar title size is kinda working, it shows up when I open an app, but when it fully loads, text size is back to normal
Not working (and tested obviously): statusbar icon size (could it be an incompatibility with gravity box icons?), toast message distance from bottom

Also, loading previous settings causes fc, and ad cover the "Visit XDA thread" button.

Last edited:

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
Action bar title size is kinda working, it shows up when I open an app, but when it fully loads, text size is back to normal
Not working (and tested obviously): statusbar icon size (could it be an incompatibility with gravity box icons?), toast message distance from bottom

Also, loading previous settings causes fc, and ad cover the "Visit XDA thread" button.

Load previous settings only works if you had some, i'll look into it. And new update i just released has fixed issue with ad covering the buttons. Thanks for letting me now

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Hi

Still testing

Cannot you made possible to view changes just after a systemui reboot (like xuimod)?

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
Hi

Still testing

Cannot you made possible to view changes just after a systemui reboot (like xuimod)?

This module replaces the values of dimens.xml inside framework-res.apk. It requires a reboot in order to reload these settings. I'll look into XuiMod and see how they're doing it, i suspect they have some sort of background service like GravityBox

TMSxXDA

Jun 8, 2009
Not working on LG G2 D802 :( , I tested notification bar height and volume bar position, pressing apply button dose nothing, kindly fix, thank you in advance.

TMSxXDA

Jun 8, 2009

Nope, already did, and didn't helped.

Maybe you are not aware, but G2 notification bar has big height comparing to other phones, so maybe it is already moded somehow especially that LG G2 heavily themed comparing to usual phones.

P.S
I'm using the stock ROM with 4.2.2 android.

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
Nope, already did, and didn't helped.

Maybe you are not aware, but G2 notification bar has big height comparing to other phones, so maybe it is already moded somehow especially that LG G2 heavily themed comparing to usual phones.

P.S
I'm using the stock ROM with 4.2.2 android.

This might be why, it works best on AOSP

Reactions: Domino5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Status bar height
    *Status bar icon size
    *Action bar height
    *Volume panel top

Changelog
    Version 1.0.1
    Fixed layout issues
    Version 1.0.2
    Fixed many issues with certain dimensions not sticking such as action bar height. Also fixed status bar height not working
    Version 1.1
    Gingerbread support (EXPERMENTAL!!!)
    Fixed issue of force close when loading previous settings
    App will now ignore empty fields instead of using default (so it won't override other apps)
    Version 2.0
    Rewrote the whole thing, more optimized and uses new Xposed API so now you can have any value

Works on Omnirom 4.4.2 Huawei Ascend P6, atlough the statusbar size is a little buggy. Combined with App Settings it can be put into good use for resizing the statusbar.

status bar size fixed in new update, check first post on this thread
    Click "Apply" anything did not happen.

Must reboot

Check out my apps on Google Play, http://bit.ly/jdg-play
    Hi

Still testing

This module replaces the values of dimens.xml inside framework-res.apk. It requires a reboot in order to reload these settings. I'll look into XuiMod and see how they're doing it, i suspect they have some sort of background service like GravityBox

Load previous settings only works if you had some, i'll look into it. And new update i just released has fixed issue with ad covering the buttons. Thanks for letting me now